Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 426240 times)

Migrant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06]
« Reply #1080 on: August 08, 2016, 05:42:46 pm »

I will start my turn tomorrow evening (local time obviously). Looking forward to it!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 08, 2016, 07:11:40 pm »

I think my berserk avatar now counts as an enemy to the civilization, so I don't think I've been fed. Though no ones stopping you from conducting science to ascertain this.
Caged dwarves do get fed. Murderflood, the fort I'm playing now, has a caged melancholy dwarf.

Migrant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 09, 2016, 11:14:58 am »

I can't get the save to work. First I suspected someone played with a more recent version which would make the save unplayable for version 42.6 but this does not appear be the case because I can neither open the save in version 42.06 (LNP), 43.03 (latest LNP) or 43.05 (latest release of DF). I unzipped the file and moved the folder to data/save which I believe is the correct place. Thoughts and/or troubleshooting help. I am still willing to take my turn if I can get it to work but I will not try that again before getting some tips from you.

As for the caged dwarf discussion I think I read somewhere that caged creatures don't need to drink/eat.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 09, 2016, 12:33:27 pm »

Loads fine for me in cow avatar's 42.06 LNP.

Linux btw just in case it matters. E: Maybe this one?

EE: Maybe not, my hist has LinuxLNP-0.42.06-r02.tar.gz. Can reupload if desired. Might be desired on account of the file the DL link points at being changed to 43.03-r02
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 12:41:49 pm by Fleeting Frames »

Migrant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 09, 2016, 03:32:12 pm »

My PC runs win 10 so linux advice won't help me.
Can reupload if desired. Might be desired on account of the file the DL link points at being changed to 43.03-r02
I must admit I'm not sure I understood that. For each version a tried I re-unzipped the file and placed it on the relevant folder so no version changing is happening on my end and since you can get the save to work nothing seems to be wrong with the save. I will give it a day and see if anyone can solve this and then request being skipped and requeued.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 09, 2016, 05:11:14 pm »

I can't get the save to work. First I suspected someone played with a more recent version which would make the save unplayable for version 42.6 but this does not appear be the case because I can neither open the save in version 42.06 (LNP), 43.03 (latest LNP) or 43.05 (latest release of DF). I unzipped the file and moved the folder to data/save which I believe is the correct place. Thoughts and/or troubleshooting help. I am still willing to take my turn if I can get it to work but I will not try that again before getting some tips from you.
I managed to get the file working on my machine: windows 10, PeridexisErrant's starter pack for version 42.06.

Troubleshooting Tips:

* Dwarf Fortress\data\save is the correct place, but they should be in their own folder (for example, data\save\Breadbowl).
* When in doubt, change the LNP back to ASCII.
* make sure the unzipped files have a world.sav file in them. I extracted a save recently and for some reason that file didn't come out, so it was unselectable in the load menu.

Oh, and if you want to play with a tileset, and the LNP won't co-operate:
* try deleting Dwarf Fortress\data\save\Breadbowl\raw and replacing it with Dwarf Fortress\raw.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 05:13:03 pm by QuQuasar »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 09, 2016, 07:37:01 pm »

@Migrant: I meant I can reup the LNP I dled. Though looking at above doubt it is necessary.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 09, 2016, 08:57:07 pm »

If you replace the save raws with the game raws, the alcohol syndrome and other the modifications I made will be gone, which might cause crashes.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 09, 2016, 09:15:51 pm »

If you replace the save raws with the game raws, the alcohol syndrome and other the modifications I made will be gone, which might cause crashes.
Ah, that explains why the LNP wasn't co-operating. We'll have to be very careful with tilesets from here on out.

In hindsight, it probably wasn't the best idea to upgrade from 40.24 to 42.06.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 10, 2016, 12:30:36 am »

Honestly, I like 0.40 better. There might not be as much content, but there are fewer bugs. Specifically, the one where creatures get stuck right off the edge of the map.

Migrant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 10, 2016, 12:34:49 pm »

I got it to work! It was an easy fix that I am slightly embarrassed I didn't try before
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
. I will start playing tomorrow.

Migrant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 11, 2016, 11:46:31 am »

General notes: I intend to massively expand our farming so please change the seed cap in the d_init file. Changed the enemy soldier cap but this shouldn't have much of an effect. I am a purist which means I don't use DTherapist. This may be a source of fun because I might miss when a dwarf is depressed

HMetal: I interpreted administrator in a broad way so you are the bookkeeper/viscount of BB (which meant your character could be male). Your name is HMetal Spunceiling. You are married and have a son. Over the long term you have been under a great deal of stress.
I can't recall if anyone else need dorfing (apart from myself) but posting/PM'ing will probably get you an avatar.
I dorfed myself as Torden Atticspread Legendary creator of Kábsarek Omershetbęth. A weapon rack depicting Gwolfski admiring Hippos in platinum.

I will start playing now and then I will make in-character posts. Would you prefer playing through the year, passing the save over and then start writing or play a season and then write a post?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 11, 2016, 11:58:48 am »

Good to hear.  Seasonal updates tend to get the RP'ers post feedback. 

I think my (Sanctume) is still alive being a mace lord, although my adult daughter As has been depressed since 5+ years ago and a  resident of Happy Place (burrow.)

Did a lot of the farms burn?  I thought the bottle neck in food and booze production was food containers.  Last I heard, we are using glass.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 11, 2016, 03:27:19 pm »

As is probably dead, but you were a macelord with an artifact platinum(?) mace last time I checked.

I was using wood pots. We have so many brewables it's ridiculous. We need to change some of them out for edibles.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 11, 2016, 03:48:08 pm »

It is a a silver mace. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll go check out the save. I created my tomb then added coffins for the wife and daughter.

What's our current goals for food and drink, now that disaster isn't so rampant? :)
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 105