Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 425010 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Requesting Overseers
« Reply #1170 on: September 21, 2016, 02:23:38 am »

An ettin? In the caverns? How, was it that FB-catch device built near the ocean again?

luneya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: September 21, 2016, 03:04:03 am »

An ettin? In the caverns? How, was it that FB-catch device built near the ocean again?

Yep, that's what it looked like. Either the thing doesn't work at all, or else the designer forgot about building destroyers. I'm certainly not going to try to figure out what to do with it.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: September 21, 2016, 03:06:43 am »

Oh yeah, when I last looked at fort it was open to the caverns, practically (only hatch/door blocking). That was a long time ago, but might need checking.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: September 22, 2016, 10:50:30 pm »

The quintessential Breadbowl experience: mountains of corpses rotting in the neverending rain and everyone too drunk to care.
Aren't you glad I modded in the alcohol syndrome?

OOC question: Do we currently have a dorfing queue? The thread's gotten so long that it's impossible to find anything.

Here's the list of currently named dwarves that are still alive: (The dead are far too numerous to post.)

With a total population of 115, and only these 14 taken, there's plenty of room for any and all requests to be fulfilled.
Kol is mine and Tough Kid isn't anyone's. I just named him that because he was orphaned as a baby but lived. He also doesn't care about anything anymore.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [40.24]
« Reply #1174 on: September 23, 2016, 08:45:46 pm »

Well if I'm contemplating on signing on for another turn, having another dwarf to roleplay that hasn't been converted to furniture would help.

So...

Redorf me as Ivomotad and set the fella to the farms if you will.

I don't care about profession or gender. ROLL TEH 1d101!

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
  • WipEout - CONTENDER ELIMINATED
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: September 30, 2016, 12:18:25 pm »

Hey Luneya. When's your next post?

I know the feeling of RL events, and how they intervene succession games, but update please?
The giant louse is on the loose and some loser dwarf has blood to lose.

luneya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 02, 2016, 01:44:34 pm »

Sorry about the delay; this past week in RL has been far busier than I anticipated when I announced in-character that I'd play out a full year rather than handing it over immediately. I've got enough time right now to play a season or two, so let's get started.

First, a dice roll for Zuglarkun. It so happens that the last dwarf on the list isn't one I really want to assign, so omitting him leaves 100 dwarves. And my bucket of dice happens to be right next to my computer. So, rolling d%, we get 91. Dwarf #91: Unib (now Ivomotad) Vucarreras. By coincidence, it's the planter that Zuglarkun originally requested.

luneya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 02, 2016, 02:32:35 pm »

From the diary of Luneya, first philosopher-overseer of Breadbowl:

6 Granite 249

I recently received a petition from "a group of concerned citizens" in the form of a letter signed by a significant portion of the fort's population. The letter expresses outrage at the Ettin incident of this past winter, and demands that efforts be undertaken to secure the fort from the caverns. Frankly, I was surprised to receive this document; petitions of this form are a custom of human governance. Perhaps it's my undwarfy reputation at play; certainly a more traditional dwarvish ruler like King Sibrek would handle such a petition by ordering that the bearer be handled. I considered a similar response, on the grounds that I shouldn't set undwarfy precedents that the next overseer might be bound to follow, but two things stayed my hand. First, there were riots in Breadbowl not too long ago, and I don't want to see another such uprising. Second, and more fundamental, I never saw a petition-bearer; the document was merely left on my desk while I was busy in another part of the fort. With nobody in particular drawing attention, I need to punish all of the signers or none, and there are far too many of them for mass punishment to be viable.

So, instead of punishment, I have ordered a group of engineers to survey the status of the lower levels of the fort. Their preliminary reports indicate that there are many open-shaft connections between the fort and the upper cavern, such as can only be exploited by flying monsters. The engineers estimate that it would be too costly to seal all of these, and assure me that unlike with HFS, flying creatures from the caverns are not a significant threat. There's also a questionable drawbridge connection to this cavern, with the bridge currently open, but guarded by cage traps. For security reasons, I have ordered this to be closed. There is also a hatch-covered connection to the lower caverns, but this is safely forbidden, and can be ignored. My engineers were not able to precisely identify the connection that enabled the ettin incident, but they assure me that it cannot provide access to the fort proper, but only to the ocean approach that the ettin did actually use. They estimate that opening up the caverns to allow for a more thorough investigation would be a greater risk to our defenses than simply maintaining the status quo. After considering their reports carefully, I agree, and will announce to the citizens that our fort is in position to handle any possible incursion from underground. This may prove to be propaganda rather than strict truth, but maintenance of order has to be my top priority.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: October 02, 2016, 03:09:41 pm »

Sorry about the delay; this past week in RL has been far busier than I anticipated when I announced in-character that I'd play out a full year rather than handing it over immediately. I've got enough time right now to play a season or two, so let's get started.

First, a dice roll for Zuglarkun. It so happens that the last dwarf on the list isn't one I really want to assign, so omitting him leaves 100 dwarves. And my bucket of dice happens to be right next to my computer. So, rolling d%, we get 91. Dwarf #91: Unib (now Ivomotad) Vucarreras. By coincidence, it's the planter that Zuglarkun originally requested.

Where'd you get the picture? Dwarf Therapist?

luneya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 02, 2016, 03:26:50 pm »

From the diary of Luneya, first philosopher-overseer of Breadbowl:

27 Granite 249

I have just completed trading with the elven caravan. The weight of my food stocks exceeded the caravan's capacity, so I took everything they had in exchange, regardless of the normal restrictions. After all, it's still a net export of food.

Before:

After:

OOC PS: Yes, HMetal, that's a therapist screenshot. The ingame dwarf display is still a bit of a mess, though at least the numbers of horrified thoughts are coming down.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: October 02, 2016, 04:11:45 pm »

Hm, elves couldn't take it all? I guess the next should go to humans, though running empty 3 times a year is part of the BB callenge :P Still, if they bring some clay taking that is usually most of the weight. There should also be a king somewhere overlooking the trade.

I notice you gave lots of drinks, but barely any food. Pretty low meat stores as well for so many killed animals, were they cooked into meals?

A fitting punishment would be to let malcontents explore the caverns - if they tantrum there, nobody else would be harmed. That said, underground crops are forbidden, so not much use there.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 02, 2016, 06:10:49 pm »

I notice you gave lots of drinks, but barely any food. Pretty low meat stores as well for so many killed animals, were they cooked into meals?
I suspect that's yet another bookkeeping error. Food in the trade depot is still counted as food on the main stocks screen until the traders leave, but drinks aren't. No idea why,

It's too late for the elves, but the instructions for trading are in the OP. I'm going to unspoiler them and repeat them here, in the hopes that maybe some day somebody will actually give us accurate food counts again:

After some 'sperimentation, this is the easiest way I've found to trade everything required and get an accurate count on how much you exported:

First off, move everything to the depot before you even attempt to trade. This includes:

* Everything in the drinks page. Say goodbye to your boozepile.
* There is no food page, so do a search for both "roast", and "prepared food", and trade everything under both searches. I've you make any biscuits or meals, trade those too.

Once everything is moved, visit the stocks screen to calculate your output. It will be as follows:

This definately worked for my original trade (I double checked against the main stocks screen for drink and the numbers in the trade depot for food), but if any future trades prove it in error, I'll update this methodology.

Finally, perform the trade itself. Trade everything in one hit. Don't worry about getting a good price: you won't need it. Stacks of roasts are very expensive anyway, and with the sheer number we'll be trading they'll give us anything we ask for and still leave suffering paroxysms of ecstasy.

Don't get too greedy though, lest the game suffer fps death from all the useless stuff they bring us.

luneya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: October 02, 2016, 07:30:14 pm »

It happens that I completed the trade just before I had to leave for a while, and as a result hadn't unpaused yet. Here's the food section of my stocks screen:

If I'm understanding how things work correctly, the stuff I traded will still be on-screen, but under the restricted column, as it's in the traders' inventory now. And those numbers do appear to be approximately correct with what I ordered moved to the depot for trading. So let them stand as my official count. (Just count the meat, plants, drinks, eggs, and prepared meals; I didn't attempt to trade anything in the other categories.)

luneya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 04, 2016, 02:32:16 pm »

From the diary of Guard Captain Likot:

7 Slate, 249

When Philosopher-Overseer Luneya asked me to take this position, she claimed that it was essentially a sinecure. As captain of the guard, I'm officially responsible for matters of Dwarven Justice rather than military affairs, and there haven't been any criminal problems in Breadbowl since the riots several years ago. Even the inconvenient location of the office she found me wasn't supposed to matter, as I wouldn't have to do any significant amount of paperwork.

It's amazing how things can change in only a few months. The security overview that Philosopher-Overseer Luneya ordered at the beginning of the year showed one glaring hole: a poorly guarded bridge between the fort and the caverns, which wasn't even equipped with a lever to close it. She wisely ordered a suitable mechanism to be attached and the bridge sealed. Unfortunately, what with the rush to bring supplies to the Elven caravan, the second half of those orders never got carried out. Before anyone noticed this failure, a forgotten beast (whose arrival was also overlooked in the caravan rush) managed to use the unguarded bridge to access the fort, and then proceeded to kill half of our populace, including all of the other nobles and administrators, leaving me stuck in charge as acting overseer.

For the record, the total list of casualties, in order of occurrence, is as follows:
Sazir Mebendok, Mason
Litast Alathlektad, Leatherworker
Mistem Kubuklal, Brewer
Rakust Ferkadol, Diagnoser
Kosoth Kivishthikut, Cook
Reg Uzoludar, Furnace Operator
Melbil Virdastot, Queen Consort
Feb Aggusil, Glassmaker
Goden Febibmat, Cook
Stinthad Enammedtob, Miner
Momuz Tosidedtul, Brewer
Asen Udilniles, Adminstrator
Dobar Amostaroth, Cook
Inod Enoldoren, Diagnoser
Vabok Konosdesor, Lye Maker
Olin Alothmeng, Administrator
Mestthos Morulrigoth, Herbalist
Bomrek Emlikot, Animal Trainer
Atir Bomrekstigil, Furnace Operator
Vucar Oltarothlest, Woodworker
Bim Avuzistam, Lye Maker
Bomrek Ididash, Administrator
Dobar Oltarom, Administrator
Melbil Ateklorban, Diagnoser
Viscount “HMetal” Eseshingiz
Zan Cattenzimesh, Farmer
Minkot Febas, Stonecrafter
Catten Olinsikel, Axe Lord
Cilob Vucarurol, Watcher
Dakost Idashmistem, Wood Burner
Urist Nakasreg Emencustith Deler, Axe Lord
“Crazy Blades” Cattenvush, Swordmaster
Udil Likottatlosh, Watcher
Likot Moruldustik Sankestsemor, Bone Carver
Rith Udildeleth, Hunter
Sazir Adilibesh, Woodcrafter
Kumil Shadmalalath, Administrator
Torden Endokkoman, Planter
Zulban Melbillun, Hypochondriac
Fath Alathnefek, Titanslayer
Ral Tholgoden, Herbalist
Sigun Nokimkatthir, Brewer
Urvad Abanlemis, Miller
“Sanctume” Olinlelum Nokorost, Foremost Mace Lord
“Taupe” Ilromilral Nakuthritbasen Immast, Commander
Sodel Orrovod, Stonecrafter
Rakust Dakostlogem, Brewer
Ast Kaboslan, Animal Caretaker
Onul Bernokgol, Miner
Ingiz Gakizshem, Butcher
King Sibrek Logemtad
“Darzen” Mersethkivish, Soothsayer
Viscountess Bim Sibrekrithol
Aban Stesokurvad, Brewer
Mayor Mebzuth Kerkol, Fisherdwarf (elected on Sibrek’s death, died shortly thereafter)
Udib Olinmuthir, Planter
Solon Nilnum, Axe Lord
Erith Libashnol, Dwarven Child
Philosopher-Overseer “Luneya” Idokkel
“Tough Kid” Kibetes, Dwarven Child
“Murky” Astanan Sakrith Akur, Axe Lord

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 04, 2016, 02:58:59 pm »

Wait, my dorf's dead? Oh my, this is a first for me!

P.S 62 dead? Taupe and Sanctume dead? Also noticed that Eseshingiz is the 25th to be dead. Has a kinda messed up perfectness to it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:12:18 pm by HMetal2001 »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 105