Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 421683 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [40.24]
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2015, 12:00:11 am »

well im on my phone now so i cant check, but did that thing have a roof?  (I noticed others don't) maybe they climbed over for some reason
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2015, 05:26:05 am »

Looks cool.

Dorf and Turn List please. Mason Dorf preferably, with original name and custom profession "Lord Brassroast".

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2015, 08:19:35 am »

Oh, and can you give the hammerer the job title of "health inspector"?

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2015, 03:02:11 pm »

When we get traps/mechanics going, can we grab a child, name him Kronk, and set his title as "Professional Lever Puller"? That would make me happy.

Keep the tradition alive!
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2015, 02:34:56 am »

The weather is hot. The grass, dead and wilted, teeters ever closer to the point of spontaneous combustion. Most of the crops are shrivelled towards the stem, and some have ceased to germinate entirely. A lone dog sits by a murky pool. It is fast evaporating, and the dog is whimpering.

The farmers pay no heed to this. They continue to work the soil with tireless endeavour, under the sienna-burnt sky. Together, they hum a silent song of rice and fire.

((Testing tilesets for my upcoming turn. Vherid's Heat colour scheme works really well to evoke the stuffy, scorching heat I imagine Breadbowl to be under. Spacefox-Afro also has a ton of really cute creature graphics, which are perfect for the purposes of this fort.))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:36:46 am by Bearskie »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2015, 08:04:27 am »

Things continue boringly, just some sneak peeks for you before i do a proper post
Spoiler: our brave soldiers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: finger ticking good! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: drums in the deep? (click to show/hide)
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2015, 08:28:55 am »

Periwha-?

Huh, it's a thing.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2015, 10:28:14 am »

Deadly dust and made out of gems?! The RNG hates you, man. Use a cave in or something, idk.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2015, 10:58:57 am »

Station a few pets around. See if you can get the beast to dust itself, which happens fairly often. Seal the place and create an anrechamber with bridge locks for the pet if you are short on tine. From there you will be able to see how deadly the dust is, if it has secondary effects, etc. You may even get it to cripple itself greatly. From there on you can decide if you should engage or not.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2015, 01:15:36 pm »

Now this is a fort I'd love to be part of. As a dwarf, preferably an animal trainer (can be anything related to animals, though), and as an overseer.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2015, 04:46:02 pm »

It occurs to me that we are extremely lucky that was a Forgotton Beast and not a Hill Titan.

Unless we've had migrants, our militia consists of a dwarf with a pointy stick and our aboveground defenses consist entirely of hastily-built wooden doors. A gemstone quadruped with deadly dust would just straight-up walk through the lot of us without even noticing our pathetic attempts to defend ourselves.

At least down in the cavern's it's trapped, and thus slightly less likely to murder us all. Until some future overseer accidentally lets it out, anyway.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2015, 09:28:58 pm »

At least down in the cavern's it's trapped, and thus slightly less likely to murder us all. Until some future overseer accidentally lets it out, anyway.

Who said anything about accidental?

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2015, 07:39:45 pm »

I've been continuing to play my copy of Breadbowl in the hopes of seeing the Hill of Death do something. So far no luck: not even an orge or harpy. Damn place is creeping me out. Evil biomes are *never* this tame. I'm thinking of slaughtering something over there to see if it reanimates, but I haven't seen any undead wildlife so I don't think it will.

Oh, and as it turns out, the avery is too small: with only a few migrant pets added, the birds started attacking each other.

And holy crap roasts are a rediculously overpowered trade good. We might as well just call the trade caravan a "supply caravan", because we're never going to have to worry about the cost of items.

(Edit) By the way Neblime, could we get a word on how the next update's coming along?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 07:48:45 pm by QuQuasar »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2015, 02:02:38 am »

it's.... coming along
hopefully it will be complete tomorrow.

In your copy did you get a titan instead of an FB? that would have been fun  :D

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2015, 03:09:16 am »

And holy crap roasts are a rediculously overpowered trade good. We might as well just call the trade caravan a "supply caravan", because we're never going to have to worry about the cost of items.

Could I petition that we add the rule of banning purchase of all food items from the caravan then? It just seems a cheap way to circumvent one of the main challenges of this succession game, which is the frantic post-trade-food-resupply phase.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 105