Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 424850 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [40.24]
« Reply #795 on: June 08, 2016, 11:33:44 am »

So as a note to the crowd. While I am waiting for an answer, I put on ym DFhack hat, and was able to add the missing reactions and raw to a fort that can get taverns, libraries and the such fully operational. I've got the necessary reactions showing up in game, but its not quite working (crashes on unpause). If it can be done, it may be possible to upgrade the fort to add the whole necessary magic.

EDIT: and this is a test fort, not breadbowl
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 11:36:56 am by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 08, 2016, 02:32:54 pm »

You can't get drunk in a 0.40 -> 0.42 fort unless you add the necessary syndrome to the alcohol template.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #797 on: June 08, 2016, 02:45:40 pm »

You can't get drunk in a 0.40 -> 0.42 fort unless you add the necessary syndrome to the alcohol template.

(I'm using Doomforest as my test victim here)

Doable. I got paper and bookcases, and they stocked it with writing supplies made by slurry -> mashing. I also got quicklime ... sorta working. I think I goofed. They take the job, go the magma kiln in my test fort. I end up with a !!bag!! and a !!dwarf!!. Right now, I'm trying to figure out if the scholars need something else or an additional tag. No one I've appointed has gone to the library despite being stocked.

EDIT: Scholars don't seem to scholar. I suspect its due to a missing value on knowledge. Seeing if I can tinker it in, but if I can't, well that's that. Performers need worldgen entries. If I can work out the exact bits necessary it shouldn't be THAT hard to add them.

Success! I had to use the lever trick to get them into the library vs the tavern but I got working scholars in a 0.40.xx fort that was upgraded. One of them took "Ponder Reproductive Behavior". I'm curious if he'll actually write a book on it.

Performers might be more of a lost cause. As best I can tell, to create new forms, you need instruments. I can't figure out a way to retrofit that onto an older fort as of yet.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 03:25:20 pm by NCommander »
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #798 on: June 08, 2016, 04:06:51 pm »

Add user defined instruments, just make sure they have the tags.. Could you give me the fixed doomforests yoke when you finish?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #799 on: June 08, 2016, 04:12:16 pm »

Add user defined instruments, just make sure they have the tags.. Could you give me the fixed doomforests yoke when you finish?

What are the necessary tags? If you can give me an example, I can DFHack them into the world and see if I get a performer. That being said, without forms of poetry/etc, they might not work unless dwarfs can create their own from nothing.

I'll need your save after you're done with your turn to make the necessary changes. They're rather involved. I wrote smaller version for testing here which only makes pig tails paperable, since I haven't fixed all the other plants: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158650.0
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 04:13:52 pm by NCommander »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #800 on: June 08, 2016, 04:26:35 pm »

Check the wiki for instrument tokens.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #801 on: June 08, 2016, 04:42:00 pm »

Interesting. Guess it is possible. May look more at it tomorrow. That being said, I'm still not sure it will work right. I checked those who visited Doomforest, and they're all historical figures, so I don't think any would visit as bards or such. Guess it boils down to how much people like favor. I sent a PM toQuQuasar on the update situation. When I get a response, my turn continues.

(and sorry for derailing this thread)

EDIT: with the power of MAGIC, I've got instruments in the fort now. Doesn't appear that they perform, though I've never seen it work in my 0.42.xx forts either.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 04:44:53 pm by NCommander »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #802 on: June 08, 2016, 04:50:22 pm »

I got permission to update the fort. I'll look at modding in the stuff for libraries and such if people don't mind, but right now, I just want to play.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #803 on: June 08, 2016, 07:32:28 pm »

Overseer's Log 244-10-17
===

Winter is upon us, and disaster strikes. Damnation. Three of our best solders dead ... let me backtrack, and begin again.

In our quest to find the most exotic meals in the world, we've begun exploration of the caverns in hopes of laying more cage traps and finding creatures no dwarf has ever eaten before

As a precaution, we installed hatchcovers in case we found something we couldn't deal with.

Our initial exploration yielded little of interest, and so a mining came through to expand the passageways and that's when it ambushed us!

A webbing forgotten beat got our group by surprise. If it wasn't for a lucky strike by one a spearmaster, none of us would have gotten out of alive. Alexis, plus two others have been found dead as a result.

We've retreated to the surface for now and have sealed the cavern for the moment.

---

I've calmed down, and I suppose as part of my duties, I should document what else has been going on.

In the good news category, our domestication program of cave crocs has born fruit. One of the hatchlings has become tame. Once it reaches maturity, we'll be able to fully domesticate the species.

On the ocean capturing front, most of the retaining bridges are in place, and a drainage pump has been installed. Work will resume within a month I hope.

On the bad news front, our moat is evaporating

OOC: I'm playing with temperature off too to try and make the framerate be manageable. No difference :/

Worse, I can't drain the blasted thing. The drainage pump is not easily accessible, and the flood waters would interfere with our ocean project. At this point, I'm content to let the thing evaporate though it will likely take months to do so.

As our masons are now free from building the retaining bridges, I've started construction on a temple to help us honor our forgotten.

I've also decided to cut down most of our tree limit as negotiated by the duke as we can use the wood. Once we get within 10, I'll cancel all tree cutting until Spring when we can renew our limits with the elves.

Finally, a mandate was issued by the duke for battle axes. This was quickly accomplished.

Let us hope the rest of winter is calm.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 08, 2016, 09:45:52 pm »

/salute Alexis, Female, Swordmaster (Gwolfski)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #805 on: June 09, 2016, 02:34:33 am »

/salute Alexis, Female, Swordmaster (Gwolfski)

Aye. Get a temple named after her if possible.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 09, 2016, 03:09:48 pm »

If the mandate for that plump helmet roast is completed for the duke, we have jails waiting for those who defy the "no undeground edibles" as mandated by the residing monarch.

I thought the rule was underground farming. We can get plump helmets via plant picking which is what I'm going to do. Loophole abuse. Got to love it.

FYI: if the King finds out you've been polluting his delicious food with disgusting mushrooms that taste like rubbery vomit, pleading technicalities won't save you.

I recommend magma. Incinerate the evidence.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06]
« Reply #807 on: June 09, 2016, 03:18:39 pm »

I AM THE DUKE! YOU SHALL OBEY ME! WHO CARES ABOUT THE KING?! HE'S A CORRUPTED WEAKLING! I HAVE THE TRUE POWER! I HAVE U-Error-Meme failed to initialize

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 09, 2016, 03:29:57 pm »

I AM THE DUKE! YOU SHALL OBEY ME! WHO CARES ABOUT THE KING?!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06]
« Reply #809 on: June 09, 2016, 03:49:09 pm »

Heheheh..... When is my turn?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 105