Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 426544 times)

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [40.24]
« Reply #181 on: September 24, 2015, 05:16:57 am »

I have seen the face of evil.

H

Vortex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 24, 2015, 08:37:32 am »

Two things... first, this is the second female legendary axedwarf I've been dorfed into.  I'm pretty amused. :) 

Second, just as an FYI, Hiddenleafguy hasn't been on since the 20th. 

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 24, 2015, 08:49:24 am »

Oh man, this is awesome.  I'm going to play the last save over the weekend, and may gain enough courage to volunteer a turn.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #184 on: September 24, 2015, 09:15:42 am »

what is that hamster doing with the weed?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 24, 2015, 10:16:39 am »

I have received the second Pm, but not the first, my internet has just became stable, and I shall play tonight.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 24, 2015, 08:07:42 pm »

I have received the second Pm, but not the first, my internet has just became stable, and I shall play tonight.
Excellent! Best of luck, keep us updated and remember to record the trade quantities.

May your term as overseer be marked by a maximum of delicious success and a minimum of hamstery doom!

faiy eyebrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 24, 2015, 10:14:59 pm »

I would like to point out that Fairybrow is an excellent candidate for captain of the fortress guard due to his excellent agility, fear of all things muscular, and utter inability kill anything with his meager strength,

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 27, 2015, 06:48:18 pm »

I've been playing around with teaching the dwarves to swim in the Breadbowl save. Currently our militia are useless if (when) they fall into the moat, and we can't fill it up for fear of drowning the useless buggers. Hense, swim training.

Of course, I've never done swim training before.

So far, the wacky hijinks have washed two into the well, flooded the lower residential cellars, trapped three babies in a 5/7 pool because their parents can't pathfind to them, and caused one unfortunate dwarfs throat to explode.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2015, 08:11:39 pm »

I'd say things are going swimmingly.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 12:34:16 am by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2015, 10:20:13 pm »

Well, if you're looking for a swimming pool design that doesn't involve automated minecarts, this is what I use in my fort to train those rascals.

Basically just pressure plate in front of a pump. Kid steps on one, whoosh, gets a blast of water right in his face which knocks him down into the pool below. If you're using a closed system with limited water, it's important to prevent any water loss (ie. make sure pumped water can only return back to the pool). Thus the walls and grates and doors, so water doesn't leak out of the facility.

Pool should be paved with lowest density material (in my case, regular wood) and all personnel fully clothed to minimize injuries. Emergency pump to empty the pool on short notice. If you really want to get rid of baby problems, you could do some funny things with a riding minecart entrance that prevents babies from entering the facility.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2015, 11:51:15 pm »

Pool should be paved with lowest density material (in my case, regular wood) and all personnel fully clothed to minimize injuries.

Willow floorboards might have helped. My retracting bridge swimming pool had a dirt floor, which I can only assume was the culprit behind the mystery of the mysterious exploding throat.

My next strategy is an aquifer-filled reservoir with a labyrinth directly below it, and drainage below that.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2015, 08:36:25 am »

Damnit, things came up, and I kid you not, the minute I started to play, I have been, and will be, very busy for awhile.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2015, 11:39:34 am »

I looked at the save, and 160 population is kinda daunting in a mostly above ground fortress.  Where's the magma forge in this town!?

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2015, 04:37:03 pm »

Damnit, things came up, and I kid you not, the minute I started to play, I have been, and will be, very busy for awhile.
That's okay. Do you think you'll still be up for it, or should we look at skipping you?

The next people on the turnlist are Gwolfski, Taupe and LordBrassroast, all of whom may be busy, so if anyone else wants to sign up for a turn it may possibly come sooner rather than later.

So, I finished my swim training experiments. Managed to train around 40-50 dwarves to novice! A resounding success! And hardly anyone drowned.

Except Duke Gwolfski.

... and Neblime.

... and eight other dwarves.

... and a puppy.

... and I flooded the noble quarters and everything below them.

But apart from those things, a resounding success! I think we can safely say I have now mastered the art of training dwarves to swim.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 105