Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 425561 times)

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [40.24]
« Reply #255 on: October 06, 2015, 03:52:44 am »

By the way, Sanctume, that last update was awesome. Between 3 years of training and Alaknikot imbuing dwarves with power simply by it's proximity, Breadbowl dwarves are untouchable in combat even without steel.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 06, 2015, 09:36:40 am »

By the way, Sanctume, that last update was awesome. Between 3 years of training and Alaknikot imbuing dwarves with power simply by it's proximity, Breadbowl dwarves are untouchable in combat even without steel.

Aww, Gee, Thanks.  Now I am glad I did not end Ch. 11 with 3 omitted lines in my draft.  Since Bearskie mentioned GRRM (and I've re-read the series 3 times thus far), I took the liberty to incorporate some artistic tale spinning that is still true to the spirit of the resulting Ch. 11 Siege Unit Report.

What do you think of my suggested poll, a page back?

Ch. 12 is in progress.  I'm really having fun writing battle scenes and situations.  Even though at first, I thought the amount of characters involved are too much, I remember how the author Steven Erickson (Malazan Empire) uses dramatis personae and I often refer to it initially to figure out who's who.  Then later, the characters become familiar.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #257 on: October 06, 2015, 11:09:48 am »

Gwolfski has mandated some work!

Get some new cloths made asap or your are going in my drowning chamber! Give me a steel axe or else you will slow death by training axe! Also brew bear!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 06, 2015, 11:13:28 am »

Wait wait wait. Are we brewing BEARS now? Holy flying zombie carp that's Dwarven! It's like, do you take them to the brewery alive and drown them in the vats or do you butcher them first?

Also insanely funny siegework Sanctume! Keep up the stories, they're golden!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #259 on: October 06, 2015, 11:16:40 am »

Just do it! I want bear!

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 06, 2015, 11:21:10 am »

I wanna be dwarfed as Mosus under the name Angus. Angus Ceilingslapped has a nice earsplitting ring to it, don't you think?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 06, 2015, 11:24:26 am »

"Yer drunk, duke.  There a siege a going!  Hiddenleafguy is there pulling levers, givin' the greenies baths, and endangering the troops.  He's the manager to get ya axe mandate."
Sanctume continues, "Wud'ya put some pants on? Tis' a crying shame that ratty girly dress make ya perty. Tis' distracting!'

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 06, 2015, 11:37:00 am »

Wait wait wait. Are we brewing BEARS now? Holy flying zombie carp that's Dwarven! It's like, do you take them to the brewery alive and drown them in the vats or do you butcher them first?

Also insanely funny siegework Sanctume! Keep up the stories, they're golden!
Just do it! I want bear!

Sanctume mused, "I recall having a sloth bear in the pens.  And this tale of Ubil, can milk be fermented to a fine brew?"

I wanna be dwarfed as Mosus under the name Angus. Angus Ceilingslapped has a nice earsplitting ring to it, don't you think?

ooc: Sure thing.  I can "retcon" and update the names of past post probably, but no promises. I will update my "raw notes" so the new name transfer to my current drafts.  Post some in character thoughts.  Mosus shall be Angus Ceilingslapped.

Mosus Ingizsezuk, "Mosus Ceilingslapped", militia captain shall now be
'Angus' Ingizsezuk, "'Angus' Ceilingslapped", militia captain (Urist McVoyager)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 12:21:28 pm by Sanctume »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #263 on: October 06, 2015, 12:03:49 pm »

well, i wanna be morrrr drunk

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 06, 2015, 12:32:29 pm »

Internal thoughts of one Mosus Ceilingslapped during the Siege of 240 YA (Year of Armok)

WHY WON'T THIS CARPING HELMET COME OFF?!?!?! Bang bang bang bang Come. Off. Damn. You!

What is that horribly warm feeling coming over me? Bang. Bang bang. Bangity bang. Die you stupid goblin! Dwarf, it really is getting hot out here.

-Out of nowhere Sanctume wielding Alaknikot rolls up and bashes through the goblin's nasal guard in a blinding flash of light that no one but Mosus could see. She stands there dazzled for a full second and a half that feels like an eternity before snapping to.- AHA! Faceguard off, now face off. -Mosus slams her ax down on the helpless goblin, cutting through its face and bathing in the shower of blood.- Ah, now that's better! -In the spray she sees many glorious battles in her future. How many she actually fights in, who can say?-

"From now on my name is Angus! It's a fine axdwarf's name!" -No one else really notices, seeing as there's still goblins and trolls about.- Ah well, I'll scream it from the rooftops once the fighting's done. TO WAR!!!

Vortex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 06, 2015, 03:48:56 pm »

Vortex: Poorly dressed in a worn x(pig tail fiber dress)x and x(llama wool cap)x, but it matters little under an iron mail shirt and steel greaves. Her exceptional =iron battle axe= and shield ensure none will bother her too much about her fashion choices. Except us! Because we care, dear friends. Because we care.

My battle axe will be happy to meet with representatives of the Clothiers' and Leatherworkers' Guilds if I do not get some new garb.  Warriors should always look their best when decapitating the enemy. :)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #266 on: October 06, 2015, 03:50:28 pm »

Vortex: Poorly dressed in a worn x(pig tail fiber dress)x and x(llama wool cap)x, but it matters little under an iron mail shirt and steel greaves. Her exceptional =iron battle axe= and shield ensure none will bother her too much about her fashion choices. Except us! Because we care, dear friends. Because we care.

My battle axe will be happy to meet with representatives of the Clothiers' and Leatherworkers' Guilds if I do not get some new garb.  Warriors should always look their best when decapitating the enemy. :)

dont worry. new clothes and bear beer have been mandated.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 06, 2015, 03:56:42 pm »

Right, on it boss. New beer and bear clothes coming your way. Our tame grizzlies will look snazzy when we get some!

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 06, 2015, 05:16:42 pm »

Suggested Poll ending on Friday perhaps? I left will be taking off work early Friday, so I will have time to finish writing my siege notes.
Any casualty in Breadbowl's Spring Siege of 240?
a. Zero.
b. The Shafts of Fortifying
c. The Earthen Assaults
d. Neighborhood Watch
e. Civilian
g. Military Selection of b, c, or d
f. Buffet Selection of b, c, d, or e

Quasar, Can you put a Poll ending on Thursday or Friday?

Will there be casualty in Breadbowl's Spring Siege of 240?

a. Zero. FLAWLESS VICTORY !!
b. The Shafts of Fortifying only.
c. The Earthen Assaults only.
d. Neighborhood Watch only.
e. Civilian(s) only. BABALITY !!
g. Military only.
f.  Both Military and Civilian.

faiy eyebrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 06, 2015, 05:46:14 pm »

These god damn crossbow bolts will take an eye out its like immortalitytowers all over again...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 105