Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 424207 times)

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [40.24]
« Reply #600 on: March 01, 2016, 06:36:55 pm »

OOC:

For some reason I can't designate new brewing jobs, though the brewing jobs already in queue are working fine. Anyone knows what the problem is?

Also we have run out of barrels and pots.

FPS is at a glacial 9-10 fps for me at the moment.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 01, 2016, 07:11:55 pm »

OOC:

For some reason I can't designate new brewing jobs, though the brewing jobs already in queue are working fine. Anyone knows what the problem is?

Also we have run out of barrels and pots.

Your first problem is caused by your second.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 01, 2016, 07:37:05 pm »

I wonder if magma glass furnaces are built in the middle of the grand kitchen in order to meet the demands for glass pots.

Dolwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 02, 2016, 09:27:36 am »

There are magma divots filled and ready for glass forges to be built up on the surface.  6 glass furnaces churning out glass pots full time will help a lot.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 05, 2016, 05:22:26 am »

OOC updates:

I will get a proper write up done later, but we managed to send 2382 meals back to the mountainhomes.

I got the brewing started again, and yes it was due to lack of pots.

I removed all the unhappy folks from refuse duty, and also did the painstaking labor of manually removing all sentient entries from the refuse stockpile on the surface.

Also the game crashed.

Which made me facepalm in exasperation and curse the fellow that decided that building a walkway over tree branches would be a bright idea.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 06, 2016, 06:09:53 pm »

1st Granite 243

Sibrek comes along to haul Shul-nak's corpse away to his final resting place.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There are all sorts of crops lying withered in the fields. Why is this happening? After questioning a brewer, I found out that our plant stockpiles were full and we were also out of barrels and pots.

In the interim, I made arrangements to redirect some of our plant stocks to a nearby unused stockpile, while ordering the new furnace site tastefully built in glumprong wood to be expanded because magma glass furnaces won't fit in there.

I inspected the refuse stockpiles and to my dismay found goblin and ogre corpses being mixed in there in plain sight! This will drive those unhappy haulers even more out of whack! I made a note to separate out their corpses later and marked the goblin corpses for dumping.

Oh did I mention that THERE IS NO BOOZE in the fortress!? Save for a scattered few left in abandoned water skins that no one bothers touching. The citizens are getting very irritated and very slow due to the lack of inebriation.

After waking from a romp with giant hamsters, zasit goes to hunt in the caverns.

Meanwhile, Angus has been guilt-ridden for violating a production order by our Duke and is serving a 10 days prison term for it.

9th Granite 243

The elves have arrived and... we still don't have any booze to send back to the mountainhome.

13 granite 243

Quasar is too busy partying and/or conducting meetings to conduct trade. I just went out and hollered for someone to take up her responsibilities and thankfully Kadol Ableltotot answers the call.

In total, 2382 meals were sent back to the mountainhome. Tecak forgive my transgressions but I also traded off the seeds that cannot be grown in this accursed climate. They are just taking up our storage space and most of them can't even be cooked or eaten! The elves brought some animals and we added to our livestock another emu, a giant grey parrot, a cougar and a kakapo.

Our cooks have come up with an odd idea, that large rock salt pots will add a distinct flavor to our meals and even preserve them better. I hope they do not use these pots for booze storage.

16th Granite 243

The elven represntative from Lenicamela has arrived. The first booze in quite awhile has been successfully brewed.

Duke Gwolfski entertains our elven guest.

And listens to him blabber about a bunch of stuff we are uninterested in.

He was not amused.

18th Granite 243

Kol was struck by some otherworldly inspiration and rushes back into the fortress, claiming a carpenters workshop.

21st Granite 243

The animal trainers are proud to report that our War Rhino training program is coming along nicely. They also report that our livestock breeding program is doing very well.

27th granite 243

Spoiler: Oh shit (click to show/hide)

3rd slate 243

Everything is fine! Everything is just fine! No need to worry! What is it now?

SHIT.

Spring is already done and I'm a little ways into summer. I need to rush off now, so I'll edit this post when I'm back in about 2 days.

EDIT: re-sized the pictures for added clarity and added some missing screenshots.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 08:46:42 am by Zuglarkun »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 06, 2016, 08:54:19 pm »

Oh, so being the Mountainhome, we will still give away our food and drinks to the refugee sites?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbasket: a Succession Farm
« Reply #607 on: March 06, 2016, 09:03:00 pm »

Can't wait to see this become the new capitol and house the queen or something. Hilarious.

Someone's going to get kicked out of their noble quarters.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 07, 2016, 01:10:48 am »

The following letters were found in the paperwork of 'Quasar' Ustutharkim, Mayor of Breadbowl, two days after the unexpected arrival of King Sibrek Logemtad of The Old Nets. Upon questioning, she indicated never having seen them before in her life. This claim is corroborated by the state of her inbox.

This is a parchment envelope. It is stamped with the seal of The Old Nets, in blue dimple dye wax. On the item are the words "Gwolfski Uristirtir of Imarust" in charcoal lettering. The date on it is 18 months ago.

To Duke Gwolfski Uristirtir, "Daggerdangles" of Imarust, "Breadbowl"
- from the pen of Fath Likotoslan, Outpost Liason
- on behalf of His Highness, King Sibrek Logemtad, Low King of The Old Nets,

His highness King Sibrek Logemtad, Low King of the Old Nets, applauds your recent increase in productivity. Under overseer Dolwina you shipped nearly double the food (193%) and more than triple the drink (301%) of the previous year. This year, Breadbowl alone provided enough high quality food to feed more than a quarter of the dwarves of our civilisation.

This provisionment has recently become more necessary than ever. The goblin horde known as the Hell of Emancipating, silent for so many years, now march to bring war against the civilised races of the world. Our allies have suffered gravely, and we have not been without loss ourselves. The massacre of Hatchetpatterns last year was a painful shock.

The western hillocks of the Old Nets have been moved to a full war footing. All civilians have been evacuated, and local food production has ceased. The king is turning these sites into a wall of steel, so as to turn back the monster at the gate and pave the way for a dwarven counter attack.

The supplies provided by Breadbowl are being redirected to the war effort. Our weaponsmiths may arm and armour these sites, but your food is their strength, your booze their courage.

Stand fast, Breadbowl! With your succour, The Old Nets will triumph.

Yours,
Fath Likotoslan,
On behalf of His Highness, King Sibrek Logemtad

This is a parchment envelope. It is stamped with the seal of The Old Nets, in blue dimple dye wax. On the item are the words "Gwolfski Uristirtir of Imarust" in charcoal lettering. The date on it is 6 months ago.

To Duke Gwolfski Uristirtir, "Daggerdangles" of Imarust, "Breadbowl"
- from the pen of Fath Likotoslan, Outpost Liason
- on behalf of His Highness, King Sibrek Logemtad, Low King of The Old Nets,

His highness King Sibrek Logemtad thanks the dwarves of Breadbowl for their continued labor towards the greatness of The Old Nets, and for their continued support in The Great War.

However, his highness would like to express his disappointment in Breadbowl's recent reduction in productivity. Combined with the increased requirements of The Old's Net's defensive forces, this leaves the mountainhome with very little food and even less drink for the remainder of the year.

For this reason, the King will be travelling to Imarust within the next 6 months to, in his highness' own words, "make sure those worthless lazabout sundwellers aren't skimming the best stuff for themselves."

Depending on the results of his visit, his highness may even choose to settle in Breadbowl. In accordance with tradition, this would result in Breadbowl being named the Capitol of the Old Nets.

In recognition of this great honour, please remind the dwarves of Imarust to observe all appropriate niceties during the Kings visit, and in recognition of His Highness renowned palette, prepare only the best food and drink in anticipation his arrival. These preparations should reduce the possibility of unfortunate blunt force trauma and ensure the King develops a kind view of your settlement.

Yours,
Fath Likotoslan,
On behalf of His Highness, King Sibrek Logemtad

PS: Seriously, if you don't want every dwarf there hammered, make sure nothing goes wrong when he arrives. He's been really twitchy lately.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 07, 2016, 06:00:15 am »

WE MUST HAVE HIS CHARACTER PAGE!

What food does he like?
How many children does he have?
Who does he worship?
Is he really as grumpy as these letters say, or is he just a big ol' softie?

And most importantly, how does he feel about giant hamsters?

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 07, 2016, 06:18:37 am »

Is he really as grumpy as these letters say, or is he just a big ol' softie?
I would absolutely love it if it turned out King Logemtad was the kindest, nicest king since Asgore Dreemurr, and simply hasn't realised that people are taking his threats of hammering seriously in all these years.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 07, 2016, 08:20:51 am »

IF IM DORFED THEN UNDORF ME THIS INSTANT
AND NAME THE HAMMERER IMIC
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 07, 2016, 11:15:48 am »

Ahem. As the Captain of the Guard, I Sanctume, nominate Datan "Wildchild" as Hammerer of Breadbowl, which I think is of age to join the adult population. 

Datan should be well groomed to deliver justice; for the "Breadbowl Justice" he endured partook during his pre-adult years under the Duke Gwolfki's "guidance" and "generosity" of the rose gold luxury apartment in middle of the Glumprong forest to the northwest where the profane smoke materializes.

Sanctume ponders if Datan "Wildchild" will choose his adult name in his next nameday, according to tradition.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 07, 2016, 03:26:03 pm »

Dammit
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 07, 2016, 07:38:14 pm »

Man Imic, you're going to be one messed up kid.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 105