Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 424432 times)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [40.24]
« Reply #690 on: March 19, 2016, 07:34:32 pm »

Moony Mandate: I mandate TheBiggerFish For Hammering
*Has a artifact lead hammer*

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 19, 2016, 07:39:53 pm »

I mandate that this nonsense cease immediately.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 20, 2016, 01:48:13 am »

I mandate that the next mandate to be mandated shall result in a mandatory hammering every five minutes till you're dead.
BY ORDER OF THE KING
DUKE GWOLFSKI IS STUPID
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 20, 2016, 02:58:43 am »

1st Malachite 243

Imic barged into the barracks and confronted me with a message from the Duke he says. He hands me a scrap of paper bearing the seal of Breadbowl.

This is what it said,

The Duke (hereby to be referred to as Baron, Duke, Gwolfski or the noble that says diggy diggity hole) mandates the production of 30 strawberry roasts, 50 strawberry wine, 10 strawberry soap and a strawberry SHRUBBERY *cue dramatic music* in his office (one that looks nice, and is not too expensive he adds).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Otherwise, there will be repercussions!

Your Duke,
Gwolfski

"If the Duke is not appeased, you will be hammered or jailed!" Jeered Imic as he ran in circles around me chanting, "someones getting hammered, someones getting hammered."

"Wait just a moment here..." I pondered before grabbing hold of Imic whom squirmed like a wet fish in my grasp.
"Where did that dramatic music come from?" I asked the little brat of a hammerer.

"You will never know! You will never know!" Taunted Imic as he slipped from my grasp and jaunted off.

"Bah, I'll look into fulfilling the mandate." I muttered absentmindedly as I watched the young fella scamper off.

"Damn nobles."

2nd Malachite 243

Spoiler: The moat is filled. (click to show/hide)
I've ordered the fishing area to reopened in lieu of the lack of fish in our larders. I've also ordered our forges expanded and powered by a refill of magma in an effort to expand the forge area so that we might use our glass making capabilities to solve the container bottleneck issues with our food and drink supplies.

After consulting the farmers and herbalists, my worst fears have been confirmed (no, not a plague of flying mussels), it's that strawberries are not found anywhere in this region. How am I going to answer to the Duke?

Spoiler: May is displeased (click to show/hide)
May has also come up to me, annoyed with the lack of tables for her study located in the middle of the animal pens. Hmmm, I wonder how she has been bookkeeping all this time? In an effort to appease her, I've temporarily relocated her study to the new and unfinished noble tower. I hope nobody minds.

6th Malachite 243

Spoiler: nuisances (click to show/hide)
There have been sightings of a cave crocodile romping about and harassing our citizens in the caverns. Normally this would be a cause for concern, but they've dwarfhandled coati and other beasts (though not the fearsome Giant Hamster) before. What is a mere cave crocodile to the likes of them?

The herbalists have reported sightings of passion fruit vines sprouting on our eastern borders. This is welcome news! I've set the herbalists to gather as many of them as possible. They've have also spotted cassavas growing up north that they report can be used for brewing. Most excellent! I leave them to gather as many of these plants as they can. Also, the herbalists have advised me to curb the cooking of various garden plants and fruits, such as the various yams, alfalfa, taro and watermelons so that we may obtain their seeds via raw consumption. They assure me that this will be better in the long haul so that we can grow sufficient quantities of our own without having to resort to gathering them every season. I am no farmer so I leave these matters to their discretion.

Spoiler: smoking ruin (click to show/hide)
I've gotten Bearskie's old refuse dump working. Well, rather I dumped a minecartful of magma down there to incinerate the offending corpses down the shaft and staunch their lingering stench.

Spoiler: Cave crocodile GET! (click to show/hide)
May is most pleased with her new study, keeps her records dry and sheltered from the rain she says. She is also pleased to report that we have managed to lure and capture the trouble making cave crocodile. She notes that it is male and with any luck we'll have a breeding pair of cave crocodiles on our hands.

With all this Overseer uh, I mean Viceroy business lately, I have been neglecting my training. Taupe is most displeased with my conduct and has ordered for more private sparring sessions in my schedule. Suits me fine, I've been weary of all this managing business. Oh how I've missed you darling! They say absence makes the heart fonder, if so...

9th Malachite 243

As per my request, May reports that the tally for animals is at 337 and growing. After my efforts to impress upon the mayor that the animal population is growing out of control; being a serious risk to hygiene, the mayor mandates that all but a single breeding pair of animals are to be slaughtered.

Conspicuously exempt from this rule are cats, two-humped camels, giant grey parrots, rhinoceroses and giant hamsters (but of course).

Spoiler: Trolling (click to show/hide)
A troll has been battering the already dilapidated door located at our cavern entrance. After smashing down the battered door, it walks straight into one of our cage traps. I take this as just another sign that our caverns are insecure and prone to all sorts of security lapses, I'm looking into a better security design for the caverns lest another Forgotten Beast incident happens again.

13th Malachite 243

Spoiler: What do we have here? (click to show/hide)
First to arrive is Solon Hammerwinds, a simple farmer.
Spoiler: Solon Hammerwinds (click to show/hide)
Next to follow is a married couple, Dishmab Mansionfences a soaper of some regard.
Spoiler: Dishmab Mansionfences (click to show/hide)
and her husband Momuz Leadersacks, another simple farmer.
Spoiler: Momuz Leadersacks (click to show/hide)
Apparently they are the parents of Dolwina, our surgeon and have come to join her in Breadbowl.

As an amendment to the mayor's previous mandate, the Queen orders that all cats are to be gelded (by her if possible).

15th Malachite 243

The merchants announced that they will be departing soon. Oddly enough, the moat is experiencing some drying up. Must be because of the weather. Either that or I did not look carefully last time to check that all sections where filled to capacity. I'll get the pumps operational again.

17th Malachite 243

Thanks to the assiduousness of our herbalists, we have started planting watermelon and passion fruits crops.
Spoiler: Strange news (click to show/hide)
May reports that one of the elk birds has starved to death. Apparently they are loathe to leave their nestboxes to feed themselves, content to roost on their eggs until they starved to death. Ah the joys of parenting!

3rd Galena 243

Spoiler: Top-up please? (click to show/hide)
The refilling of mine-carts with magma is underway.

6th Galena

Spoiler: My bad (click to show/hide)
Oops left the flooding system open for too long and now the moat is overflowing its banks and the northwest side is a floodplain.

Opened up the magma drains. We now have some magma to do as we please with. The forges have already been expanded to accommodate the new forges so it won't be long now til we get things up and running.

8th Galena 243

Spoiler: expansion (click to show/hide)
The miners and masons are busy at work expanding the Giant Cave Spider pens and the forge area. Ack! I forgot to floor over the kitchen area, they will have to be refurbished again. Another unfortunate delay to the opening of the kitchen area.

13th Galena 243

Spoiler: Nope (click to show/hide)
Ack! Profane smoke issues from the northern borders! Head for the inner walls!

19th Galena 243

Spoiler: More spacious (click to show/hide)
Finally the renovations are complete! In celebration of the newly opened kitchen area, we've now expanded our kitchen crew to 15 brewers, and 15 cooks.

Spoiler: busy as a beekeper (click to show/hide)
With the influx of new jobs, many of the fort's citizens can be seen hard at work. Beekeepers are busy installing new bee colonies, brewers are brewing, the kitchens are bustling with activity. All is right with the world.

Spoiler: Even more naming! (click to show/hide)
LordBrassroast the Spearmaster has bestowed the name Thukkansolon Gebabras - Amberflag the Dented Seer upon his carambola wood shield. Neblime would be proud to see his works recognized like that and so coveted among our ranks.

So he has ordered Zasit to hunt down giant sparrows for his dinner.

25th Galena 243

Booze production has been increasing very well though it is still somewhat bottlenecked by the lack of containers. We are at 3226 booze at the moment. Food on the other hand is likely to meet the benchmark of 6000 prepared meals with 2151 in our stocks at the moment. More Glassmakers, Potters, Glazers, Stonecrafters, Chefs and Brewers will be needed, as well as food haulers to keep pace with our storage needs.

Spoiler: Domesticated rhinos (click to show/hide)
May is also pleased to announce that we have managed to domesticate quite a few elk bird hatchlings and rhinoceros calfs.

There have been quite a few arguments and fits of madness among the populace lately, the duke has taken to continuing to mandate strawberry products even though there is no trace of strawberries anywhere in this particular region. Imic has willfully joined in the fray threatening to "hammer someone, anyone" without due authority. Worse still, earlier today some random
Spoiler: reindeermen (click to show/hide)
claiming to be adherents and devotees to a certain Vucar Freeskies just hijacked the noble quarters of our mayor Quasar and "mandated" that "all mandates are null and void without the consent of a shrubbery".

This is then followed by a random penguinman popping up to dissuade the mandate madness by going around and saying in a loud squeaky voice, "This is getting very silly my good chap!" to every passerby that would pay heed to it.

I left them to their incessant squabbling before deciding I can't take much more of this crossover nonsense and shooing away all the weird animalman from the mayor's quarters and the surrounding region of Breadbowl with the pointy end of my beloved spear. I had quite a few bouts of nightmares concerning animalmen parading in loincloths and uttering gibberish in the nights to come I tell ya.

27th Galena 243

This just came in.

The High Council hereby mandates that all animalman are hereby barred from Breadbowl.

The following are the animalman protocols:

• Should any citizen willfully consort with their kind without prior approval from the High Council, they will be severely dealt with regardless of rank or standing. Exempt from this rule is of course his royal highness and his immediate family as well as standing members the High Council.
  • Shoot on sight any animalman within our borders. If you do not have a crossbow or proper ammunition, you are welcome to use any weapons at hand or lacking that, your limbs to deter animalman crossings within our borders.
  • Should any citizen approach you with the intent of obtaining, purchasing, loaning, making or using of shrubberies without a permit or license, claims representation of shrubberies or condones the usage of shrubberies, cacti or other plant species as proper representations of authority, please refrain from any sort of contact with them and immediately report these citizens to the High Council, so that we might take proper action against these individuals. They might very well be animalman in disguise.
  • Should any animalman bypass our defences and cause trouble, citizens are noted to approach your nearest hospital or soap stockpile to grab a ration of soap to be used to ward off any animalman intruders. (Instructions on the proper usage of soap to make warding soap signs and for use in self defense are contained in the appendix section of this mandate.)

Yours sincerely,
The High Council of Breadbowl

Imic confronted me today and continually stressed the need for a paladinial law enforcement squad. He accused me of being tardy in providing a squad, and that that will get me a good hammering. Good thing Darzen came in and pulled the little scamp away (by the ear might I add) before he could cause any more trouble.

I understand the need for stricter law enforcement but that will have to wait until I can properly screen for worthy candidates (which is more than I can say for our hammerer here). These buggers and their shenanigans are starting to drive me up the wall.

Autumn has arrived on the calendar.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 04:05:27 am by Zuglarkun »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 20, 2016, 04:14:25 am »

Imic walked down the street to his room. He wore a jeering smile on his face and his eyes were staring in different directions.
He walked into his room, everyone getting away from him as quickly as they could. In his room, he took off his helmet. His expression immediately changed to the look of someone who had just talked to someone they loathed. He sat down on his bed, in a stew. Suddenly he said the word cow. For no reason.
He hated duke gwolfski, but to keep his position, he had to act like his servent. He was loyal to the king, no - one else, save his dad (his ear throbbed) could order him arround. He didn't even like strawberries! It was all so infuriating. He completely agreed with mayor Quasar. Gwolfski was a bhashi - bzouk*
*literal tranzlation from old dwarvish: lawn ornament.
His hand was itching to hammer someone. But that would have to wait. He would ask the overseer to put him in the miliatary, that should de - itch his hand. He wanted to wring someone's neck!
Now all he needed was to get a goblin...
He walked out of the room to find the overseer.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #695 on: March 20, 2016, 07:16:14 am »

The Duke is very unhappy with the state of affairs lately.

*Glances at turn- WHERE IS THE TURN LIST? Who's next?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 20, 2016, 08:08:30 am »

"Aw, bloody heck, how'd I get turned into a penguin...."
*bamf*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 20, 2016, 10:49:28 am »

I HATE the duke
He spat upon the ground.
Imic was having a tantrum of sorts.
He was not, as most people thought of him, a horrible jeering, nasty, jerk. He was, however, very furious at the world, and very hateful of those he hated. Chief among them, was Duke Gwolfski.
He swung his hammer at the ground, which shattered. AAAAAAAARGH! He needed kill something, before he smashed the dukes head onto the floor.
He WANTED to talk to the overseer about this, but he had to mask his emotions in public, lest he be forced to hammer himsalf for treason.
He stopped, suddenly.
Hammering one's self? Hmmm...
Yor kingliness?
Get on- *burp* with it.
What if we forced the most illeagal of criminals to kill themselves, with their own weapon,cas a death sentance?
The king was quite impressed with this.
Not a bad idea! Said the king.
Not bad at all...
MuahahahahahahahahahahahahahHHahahHahHahhHahHahhAhhahHhHahhAhHhhahHhahAhHHAhhaahHhHahhahhahhhAhahbAhhhAhhahahAhhAhhahhaIm bored now.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 20, 2016, 10:57:03 am »

Drinking in the Fisher's Guild with the smith Dodok Ostdatan.

Dodok, the creator of Alaknikot and I drank in this nice room they still call Happy Place. 

"So, winter is coming once again."

Dodok observes, "it seems peaceful in the past few season."

"I'll drink to that.  I do so prefer peace but we do step up when fighting is called for."

Dodok grimaces, "However, I don't quite call it peaceful when the wild child is running amok, thirsty to bludgeon someone."

"I do find it ironic, but it is none of my doing on why the lad turns out that way."

Dodok points out, "But you recommended him!"

"I merely suggest, as my duty.  Besides, it's the least thing I learned in order to slip out of the political spotlight."

Dodok ponders, "So what do you think pushed the lad that way?" 

"Ahh, that seems like a lifetime ago.  He was still a child, one more year before his name-day to adulthood.  That was when the winter siege happens and emerges from the northeast, just within viewing distance of his prison house on the jungle...

Chapter 27 (Winter is Coming)
"Moonstone, my eleventh name day comes.   Why has Breadbowl forsaken me?” --  Datan `Wild Child' Fliersacks", Dwarven Child of Special Project: Little House in the Jungle”
Planning for Winter (year) 240, Late Autumn... I think I am forgetting something.  But I’m looking forward to a “peaceful winter.” 
Oh yeah, I wonder how Datan 'Wild Child' is doing.

Chapter 28 (Winds of Winter)
1st Moonstone, 240, Early Winter ...
Datan 'Wild Child' Fliersacks will be the chosen test subject of Special Project: Little House in the Jungle.” -- unpublished mandate of `Gwolfski' Uristirtir, "`Gwolfski' Daggerdangles", duke of Breadbowl)
“Oh No!”

Dodok agrees, "yeah, feels like a lifetime ago."

"I'll drink to that some more!  I think the duke is doing well handling the result of his experiment mandate."

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 20, 2016, 12:01:24 pm »

Drums... Drumming all around me... The little house shuddering... Tge door crashing down...
YAAARG imic woke up. The dreams he had been getting lately were terrible. He had to get out his emotions on something. All of this pent up fury and fear... When would the next siege come?
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 20, 2016, 01:02:28 pm »

I so need an army of cave crododiles to support me in glorious battle. Begin the breeding program!

Unless we can't get a second crocodile, in which case default to a cave crocodile mitosis program.

Crocodiles ''are'' single-cell organisms, right?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 21, 2016, 08:15:45 am »

Clack clack~!

Fresh screenshots from the printing press!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 23, 2016, 07:42:26 pm »

6th Limestone 243

I bumped into Dobar today, it was still raining but he had been out fishing all day ever since the fishing grounds were reopened again. I kept an extra eye for any errant oysters but there were none out and about.
Spoiler: Dobar out fishing (click to show/hide)

"How's the catch today Dobar?" I enquired while trying to shield myself from the slight drizzle with the shiny new steel shield that I endowed myself with using my authority.

"I hae been out ere all day and thar be no fish a'bitin lass. If thar been fish ere once, thar be gone now."
Spoiler: You see lass (click to show/hide)

Dobar was more experienced than I was as a fisherdwarf, but as an adequate fisherdwarf myself I could certainly see his point. How was there supposed to be fish from a moat that fed to nowhere? As I looked on, I noticed something odd. The eastern side of the moat waters seemed to be lower than usual. Putting two and two together, I surmise that I wasn't mistaken and this must be due to the hotter climate on the east end.

She reports the births of a few Giant Olms, and she was quite enthusiastic about them as compared to the other animals. When I enquired why this was so, she replied that these Giant Olms are rather feral and always require some form of care lest they go completely feral. This meant she was always spending time with them and that she had come to know them personally, having made acquaintances with a great number of them over the years. Naturally, she was happy for them that they are doing well.

When I made mention of the mayor's mandate to cull our out of hand animal population, a sullen expression washed over her face and she would say nothing more.

In other events, the farmers notified me that they've begun planting cassavas.

10th Limestone 243

It's been four days of drizzle now, damn this rain! As I headed over to the barracks for training, I observed a procession of dwarves hauling heavy magma laden iron minecarts towards the new forge site.
Spoiler: Excellent! (click to show/hide)
I hope to have all the designated forges up and running by the end of the year. But first, I will have to do something about a new roof, can't have all these new furnaces put out by the rain can we?

12th Limestone 243

Tobul drops the plants she was carrying and suddenly screams out, running for the workshop levels below. A day later, she claims a mason's workshop and begins running around the lower levels screaming at the top of her lungs.

15th Limestone 243

Spoiler: The life of a hauler (click to show/hide)
Iteb had been under a great deal of stress lately, he was in a foul mood and to make matters worse, had been assigned to drag this uncooperative goblin prisoner to a new prison. Wary of their kind, he was loathe to face any goblin, but work had to be done somehow. On his way over, he spied King Sibrek busy deconstructing some walls close by. Normally he would have tried to put on a pleasing demeanor but he found himself too crestfallen too care. Suddenly, a slightly deranged Tobul frantically brushed passed him, hauling a large chunk of sphalerite around and babbling in incomprehensible tongues. Just another normal day in Breadbowl.

Spoiler: I must withdraw! (click to show/hide)
As Iteb chained the goblin inside the spider pen, Bax the goblin lasher tried to make a break for it, smiting Iteb in the lower body with its silver whip and bruising Iteb's guts. But it mattered little, the foul deed was done. Iteb scurried away in fear, the Giant Cave Spider Pens were about to reopen for business and he would not like to be around when that happened.
Spoiler: Behold! (click to show/hide)

16th Limestone 243

Gwolfski could smell it in the air.

Spoiler: Strawberries! (click to show/hide)

But where could the scent be coming from? Unless it was this new overseer blatantly lying to him about there being no strawberries in the region. He could feel the anger welling up inside him. Nobody was going to keep him from his strawberries!

Spoiler: Ah! (click to show/hide)

So that's where that intoxicating scent came from, riding on the the sea breeze on the southern end where the merchants had entered.

Gwolfski pondered for a moment, oh he would get the hammerer to harry this overseer until she gave in to his demands. Rules be damned! He'll get his strawberries all right, and he knew just what to do to threaten the overseer with.

You see, he had recently come into knowledge of some illegal operations here in Breadbowl. He didn't know who the perpretrator was, nor did he much care. The lust for strawberries was clouding his better judgement. But nonetheless it was serious business. By his count, whomever was found guilty would face 13 charges in all; 1 charge of illegal plump helmet brewing, 2 charges of food tainted with plump helmet and plump helmet spawn as well as 1 charge of possession of dwarven wine. These were the more serious ones, there were still charges of possession of dwarven ale, dwarven rum, dwarven beer as well as illegal brewing of cave wheat, pig tails and sweet pod. Other minor charges included possession of sweet pod seeds, pig tail seeds and cave wheat seeds, which all added up to quite a hefty sentence. All of this, under the watchful eye of a certain overseer.

Gwolfski rubbed his hands in glee, he could overlook these charges in exchange for a favor or two. Then they'll sweep the whole affair under the table before anybody (particularly the King) found out. And if that lass did not cooperate... Well. Then there would be hell to pay.

20th Limestone 243

Spoiler: New arrivals (click to show/hide)
May is pleased to announce the birth of Emu chicks. Welcome to Breadbowl! Enjoy your stay!

First round of trade commences. Fath was up early and was keen on dutifully meeting up with the merchants.

"Fath! You've been reassigned! The King needs his quarters built as soon as possible, and as a our newly assigned metalsmiths you have important duties to fulfill!"

"But what about the trading?" shouted Fath as she shot an incredulous look my way.

"Look I'll handle trading duties for now. See? I've even designated your own forge for you, I'll need all these gold ores melted into bars so we can make the King his office. Now go at once!" I shouted as I held her gaze and tried to get her to comply.

"Alright alright, I'm on my way." Fath grumbled at the sudden change of plans as she made he way over to the forges.

I gazed warily at her retreating figure before turning my attention to the deed at hand. Must play it normal. No one must suspect anything.

21st Limestone 243

We traded some old clothing, a bunch of metal cages, all the excessive stacks of rope lying around for some sand, empty barrels, bolts, anvils and...

"I'm in the clear right?"

"Yeah the Duke will overlook your transgressions this time." replied Imic.

"But like I said, it wasn't me, certainly I did not give the-"

"-Look, the deal is done. Let us not speak of it ever again. Alright?"

*Sigh* "Fine."

"Now, about this vacancy you have in the military..."

25th Limestone 243

Spoiler: Spoils (click to show/hide)
Gwolfski gazed at the strawberry wine pot that was in front of him. It had been a long time since he was this pleased. His eyes widened as he lifted the lid off the pot and sniffed at the pleasant aroma rising from within. He took a swig out of the pot and it was better than he had anticipated. It had a refreshing taste, tarty and not too sweet. But still, he felt it could not measure up to the incomparable flavor of the single-grain wheat beer he preferred.

Now that his lust was satiated, he wandered off, totally forgetting about the opened pot of strawberry wine that he had yet to finish still on his dining room table.

Having gathered all that she had needed, Tobul had begun working furiously on some construction of some sort. Only time will tell what will be produced from her hands.

We caught a giant mole snooping about the lower levels. I intended to bring it in for questioning, but then May stopped me and said it was a different kind of mole. Oh.

1st Sandstone 243

with Kabsarek Omershetbeth in her hands. Nameechoes the Green Twinkle, a sphalerite weaponrack detailing the rout of the Ambiguous Paddle of the Old Nets and the destruction of Oilmurk in the late summer of 197. Most ominous. It is worth quite a hefty sum at 97200☼. I hope Tobul does not mind, but this will be placed in the King's quarters as a gift.

I've ordered the roasts to be hauled to the depot. The drinks will follow once we've reached the benchmark of 6000 drinks produced.

15th Sandstone 243

Spoiler: Oh shit (click to show/hide)
It's a good thing I managed to get all this up on time. The traders have announced that they were about to leave. I was negotiating with the traders, when the King's personal guards showed up.

"NOW HOLD UP JUST A SECOND!"

"What's going on here?" I answered.

"We suspect illegal trading going on here!" The guards bellowed.

"Illegal trading? What do you mean by this?"

"Look here, see? How do you explain this then?" The guards picked up a casing of the shipment.
Spoiler: Inside it was- (click to show/hide)

"But-"

"Trying to hide the evidence eh?"

"It wasn't me! It was-"

"SILENCE! We received a tip off from the great and all-knowing personal advisor to the King that there was something wrong with the shipment, and this proves it! Nothing escapes from her notice! The King is most disappointed in your misuse of power Viceroy..."

"But, but..."

"SILENCE! The King's authority is absolute! As an example to the people, you will be hereby confined until further notice! GUARDS! SEIZE HER!"

"No wait! No no no wait!"

Spoiler: I'm innocent! (click to show/hide)
Somewhere, a village is missing its idiot.

Report of the Viscountess:

In the aftermath of the former viceroy's incarceration. The Viscountess shall personally take over the viceroy's duties. All the illegal plump helmets, plump helmet spawn and underground crops were incinerated in magma. As for the standing situation regarding the lack of a viceroy, the high council shall screen for a suitable candidate. In the interim, all orders will be conveyed from the high council by the viscountess. Disobedience will not be tolerated. Dissenters will be hammered.

With the food export situation out of the way, we turn our focus to other matters.

These are the mandates that are to be adhered to:

A moat is to be excavated for the noble quarters.
We shall commence the extraction of adamantine.
All cloth shall be dyed in order to make use of our stocks of dye.
We shall go forward with the expansion of our food varieties. More hives will be built down in the south end in order to procure precious honey and mead. Cheese will be made and flour will be milled.
Spoiler: We demand more food! (click to show/hide)

18th sandstone 243

Spoiler: Bon voyage! (click to show/hide)
O behalf of the high council, the Viscountess wishes them a safe journey.

24th Sandstone 243

The high council duly notes that Thob has bestowed the name Emalfeb - Sensearrow upon his date palm wood shield.
Spoiler: Congratulations Thob! (click to show/hide)

The high council is pleased to announce the more rhinoceros calves have been born. Welcome to Breadbowl!

15th Timber 243

The high council is pleased to announce that raw adamantine has been mined as was ordered.
Spoiler: raw adamantine (click to show/hide)

The high council duly notes that Sodel has bestowed his wood shield with the name of Ozondolek - The Depressed Comet.
Spoiler: Congratulations Sodel! (click to show/hide)

Winter has arrived on the calendar.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:45:03 pm by Zuglarkun »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 23, 2016, 10:09:07 pm »

What's up with the duke Gwolfski and hippos?  I think the statue in the dinning room has hippos too.

Blitzgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I get myself into these things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 24, 2016, 12:34:59 am »

no dwarfings?
Microline for everyone!
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 105