Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 425397 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06]
« Reply #840 on: June 10, 2016, 06:21:26 pm »

Gwolfski, Duke Ghost issues mandate: NCommander roast, 0/30
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 10, 2016, 06:25:15 pm »

I just want to say, back in August of 2015...

He is Fire. He is Death. And we've just settled right on his doorstep and built an aboveground farming town. Out of wood.

We're all going to be cooked and eaten.
Caaaalled it.

Didn't call the ocean thing though. That's new.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #842 on: June 10, 2016, 06:27:42 pm »

I just want to say, back in August of 2015...

He is Fire. He is Death. And we've just settled right on his doorstep and built an aboveground farming town. Out of wood.

We're all going to be cooked and eaten.
Caaaalled it.

Didn't call the ocean thing though. That's new.

The worst part is that wasn't the dragon you quoted. We have a second one that might show up and burn the place down. Again.

EDIT: The fort is starting to descend into a tantrum spiral. I've got 44 dwarves who are yellow or worse in the stress meter.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:30:39 pm by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 10, 2016, 06:35:32 pm »

Despite going to v42, I think the need base is still on v40, and thus needing the entire Breadbowl to be a Happy Place.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #844 on: June 10, 2016, 06:39:39 pm »

Despite going to v42, I think the need base is still on v40, and thus needing the entire Breadbowl to be a Happy Place.

It's mostly "I saw XXX die" 30 or so times. The melting of 1/4th the fort didn't do anything for spirits. They'll still have spirital or social needs now due to the upgrade which also cause stress, I can see that in their thoughts.

Pity "doesn't care about anything anymore" isn't a thing anymore. I would have had that solved for the fort. If we get a fell mood, it would be icing on the cake at this point.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 10, 2016, 06:45:14 pm »

DID YOU ACCIDENTALLY DRAIN THE WHOLE OCEAN

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #846 on: June 10, 2016, 07:33:26 pm »

DID YOU ACCIDENTALLY DRAIN THE WHOLE OCEAN

Nah man, it got stolen. I've got to tell you, this neighborhood is going to the !!dogs!!. Between the brimestone, the constant ash, and the fact I can't even leave an ocean unguarded makes you wonder why we're here.

EDIT: Summer has arrived.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 07:48:25 pm by NCommander »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 10, 2016, 07:51:33 pm »

For the inevitable successor fort, we should do one where we have to make everything the liaison will pay more for. This screen:

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #848 on: June 10, 2016, 07:53:06 pm »

For the inevitable successor fort, we should do one where we have to make everything the liaison will pay more for. This screen:

I haven't killed the place. Yet ...

EDIT: I'm fried. I probably won't play much tomorrow. My truck got a check engine light when I was out the other day and it needs to be looked at.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 07:59:17 pm by NCommander »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [40.24]
« Reply #849 on: June 11, 2016, 03:18:22 am »

Zuglarkun seethed and raged as the screams rent the air. She could smell the smoke and scent of charred flesh waft in with the wind, and she could hear the battle raging on just beyond the tavern doors. She sensed that if this situation escalated any further, she could anticipate being freed from her cage soon. Suddenly, all fell silent. Then meek cheers and a faint sobbing filled the air.

She listened intently (well as intently as a madwoman could) as the diplomat told the story of how Uslot the dragon was felled by Urist Nakasreg (a relative to the King) with her steel battle axe. The King (whom had not participated in the battle, though his Queen consort did) as well the court philosopher sat in and listened to the tale unfold. She listened to how the King complained about the recent haunting in the basement of the King's tower.

She knew that the days of peace Breadbowl had known were over.

Redorf me as Ivomotad and set the fella to the farms if you will.

^ redorf pls.

Poring over the save, well at least I can say the magma forges are untouched, as are the farms, food stockpiles. In other words, the most important industries are still intact. I am glad I made the moat around the King's quarters as that is unscathed as well. But with the sea draining I don't know how long that will last. Probably the surface level of the sea will get drained away. You might want to pull the cinnabar lever in the King's tower (same level as the captain of the guards office and the bridge), to seal off the moat, so that the water in it does not all flow away.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 04:50:18 am by Zuglarkun »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 11, 2016, 03:30:43 am »

Hey guys, what's going on in --

Incidentally, and to leave things on a more insane note, I had a slight accident with the ocean. As we don't have it anymore.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #851 on: June 11, 2016, 08:23:16 am »

Turns out when I went to start my truck today, the check engine light went out on its own which means I have nothing to do today. Let's play: BURNTBOWL!

And I am loving the entire reaction to my turn. This might be my proudest DF moment, though I still regret not catching that dragon :(

EDIT: rules say you can't redorf yourself as yourself. not sure who needs it as what. May leave it to the next player ...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 08:50:34 am by NCommander »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #852 on: June 11, 2016, 11:04:02 am »

Find a mechanic. Name him Gwolfski the 2nd, make him duke. Or else... blood...
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #853 on: June 11, 2016, 12:50:06 pm »

I ran into a really weird bug, dwarfs have decided to stop building constructions. Or at least some of them. They won't even take the job with any sort of regularity, even when burrowed. This just started after the dragon wrecked everything so many they're too depressed to work?

EDIT: I fixed it. Had to go into the jobs menu, cancel everything I could, then clear everyones labors with therapist so they'd all idle, then autolabor everyone back to having jobs. I've had this happen in other forts before, though they're still moving slowly.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:18:00 pm by NCommander »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #854 on: June 11, 2016, 02:39:21 pm »

GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?

The !!bacon!! brought me a new problem that got inside before the fort was sealed.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 105