Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 421608 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06]
« Reply #855 on: June 11, 2016, 02:45:04 pm »

Welcome to Breadbowl.  Now serving burnt toast and crispy bacon.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 11, 2016, 02:46:37 pm »

Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #857 on: June 11, 2016, 02:54:06 pm »

Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.

I'm just waiting for a siege to show up at this point and really wreck my day. When the box popped up, I half expected the *other* dragon to show up and finish roasting the fort. A swordmaster was bitten, and is being quarantined in an animal pen (the only place I got with doors on it). A farmer was ALSO bitten, but is being hauled to the hospital so um ... yeah. I'm tempted to end my turn here and let someone else deal with this.

I installed cage traps at most of the entrances to stop this sorta thing from happening, but they hadn't been installed:

EDIT: Found a third infectee ... I'm embracing for more fun ...

EDIT 2: The swordmaster is putting his equipment away, the farmer who got bit is stationed, the woodcutter ... is unconscious in the hospital and is not moving, and I have no way to seal the hospital from the rest of the fort.

EDIT 3: Floorhatches are going over the hospital. It's the only other place in the fort that has doors ATM after the great dragon roast. If they turn, I can seal them in there.

EDIT 4: they're building destroyers, aren't they. Emergency walls going up

EDIT 5: the hospital is next to the control room. If I wall up the hospital. I loose access to the levers. But I have a werebeast who won't move in the hospital. AIEEEE

EDIT 6: I'm sealing the fort as best I can. We won't trade with the dwarfs. If I don't contain this *now*, we'll loose the fort in its entirity.

EDIT 7: NO! One of the infectees went to sleep before I could seal him in the hospital with the others! If he turns, he'll have a direct path into the tavern.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 03:31:33 pm by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 11, 2016, 03:35:05 pm »

At this point, the second dragon showing up would be a mercy.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 11, 2016, 03:35:17 pm »

jail suites should have iron doors.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #860 on: June 11, 2016, 03:43:19 pm »

jail suites should have iron doors.

Won't stop a building destroyer. I'm sealing the hospital because it actually doesn't have access to the rest of the fort. I've got one of the two hatchs installed (you can't destroy a building from underneath it). I've got all three infectees in the hospital, and I left the left drawbridge open, as I can funnel any seiges into that barrack and build a new lever for it.

IF THE IDIOTS WILL BUILD THE BLOODY HATCH COVER
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #861 on: June 11, 2016, 04:26:18 pm »

I don't want to know *WHY* there coffins on both hatchcovers, I just know they're there. Now, we wait and see what happens.

(I'm going to get the updates up as soon as Autumn arrives)

EDIT: FUCK! The hospital has NOT been sealed. Working to fix that. Quickly.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 04:30:47 pm by NCommander »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #862 on: June 11, 2016, 04:36:35 pm »

The stairway from the surface to the caverns has been channeled out, stranding folks who were down there. I'm walling them in for safety. They'll have to dig a new way out to reach the rest of the fort.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #863 on: June 11, 2016, 04:46:57 pm »

The emergency erection is completed. The lower fort is collasped from the top. I'll rebuild it if the fort survives the full moon. I'm scared ...

EDIT: We're screwed ...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 05:16:03 pm by NCommander »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #864 on: June 11, 2016, 05:19:49 pm »

... I'm absolutely speechless ...

(turns out 1/3 were infected. The one that was infected is in the control room. The bridge through the barrack is still open).

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 11, 2016, 05:30:00 pm »

This made me chuckle.  Good luck Breadbowl :)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #866 on: June 11, 2016, 06:04:23 pm »

You know what, I'm going to pause and update the turn before I deal with this.

This is a charred masterwork leather journal. It is adored with bacon. A picture of a dwarf turning into a pig is engraved on the cover
---

The king had called us to his room. He pointed out the window where Breadbowl's ocean used to be.

He was most displeased and demanded an explanation. As it turned out, former overseer NCommander was attending the meeting.

He explained that before the great burn, he was working on a method to drain the ocean to install traps to capture marine life. When the burn happened, the miners were burrowed from the site, but the order was never rescended. As soon as the miners breached the ocean floor, the water rushed out and dumped into the aquifer.

NCommander reported that work was proceeding on the marine catcher, and that the breach could easily be sealed. At this point, the captain of the guard interrupted that they were loosing order on the streets.

The king told him to get the situation under control, no matter the cost. We had already lost the duke. As such, extreme measures were necessary to restore order.

---

We've continued to pick through the wreckage. Surviving, some well charred vermin survived the blazes.

We've begun to realize how much we've truly lost however.

The humans arrived, and we handed them anything that wasn't charred beyond belief. They said nothing as we loaded their wagons, but you could tell they were trying not to vomit from the stench in the air.

As their wagons departed, some migrants, obviously expecting a paradise arrived.

They will be sorely disappointed.

The summer passed quickly, with work on the great oceanic trap continuing.

When it arrived.

The werepig must have been attracted by the death of its breathen and charged through the open gates before it had a chance to seal. A weaponsmith was immediately attacked and slaughtered.

A swordmaster near by lunged into combat to protect a farmer. A nearby wrestler joined in to help. All three were bitten

We have locked them away for now. Waiting to see who will turn and who will not ...
---

EDIT: The werebeast in the hospital hasn't moved. I think its stuck on a table where it got left when the medical team was burrowed away. I might be able to reach the lever controls and seal the fort fully.

I forgot to pause the game while I wrote this. The werecharmelon was slain by the military when it pathed into the bunker. Checking to see if anyone got bit ...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 06:07:34 pm by NCommander »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #867 on: June 11, 2016, 06:13:12 pm »

so um ... yeah. Ok, Somehow the werecharmelon got inside Breadbowl. I dunno how, and found its way to the barrack at the top of the temple without encountering anyone else, and got slain. A wrestler got bit. I'm walling him off now ...

EDIT: ToniK died(?) falling down where the staircase to the lower fort used to be.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 06:16:49 pm by NCommander »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #868 on: June 11, 2016, 06:47:25 pm »

NOTE: A game crash undid this update. Continue onto the next one

The journal continues

When I say locked away, I meant two are locked in the archery room, and another is in the hospital. None will go close less they be cursed. We tried to install floor hatches through a mountain of junk.

And serve the stairway that connects the hospital to the lower fort.

They may be dwarfs now, but they could turn come the next full moon.

Meanwhile, panic begins to range as our trained beasts begin to revert.

Walls are erected

We wait. One of three change. The one in the hospital.

We wait more.

Then we get shit on.

A miltiary dwarf races down an attempt to raise the bridges despite the danger. He is ripped limb from limb at the exact moment the farmer turns back to a dwarf.*

(no screenshots for this part)

Now a renegade, the military puts him down. One causality.

*- we got very lucky that we didn't get a loyalty cascade here.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:01:13 am by NCommander »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #869 on: June 11, 2016, 07:04:59 pm »

The dwarven cavaran made it but the wagons bypassed the site so I can't offload. Also, I still need all hands on deck to try and prevent loosing the fort due to werebeast infection.

(I'm starting to burn out on this, but if I don't finish the turn today, I'm not going to have time to play until the end of next week). I kinda feel like I've done a shit job at both playing, and writing it up
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 07:10:16 pm by NCommander »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 105