Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 425425 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06]
« Reply #960 on: June 29, 2016, 09:03:23 pm »

That url... It's like 3 redirects and and a site who loves php a little too much.

Aw. Bye bye, goblin liason. You were cool while you lasted. Though I recall trade depot used to be in center.

Still, looking at those screenshots, it looks like the ocean catcher has unnecessary channeling ruination in it? I can't tell what the first one is supposed to indicate, though.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #961 on: June 30, 2016, 04:32:53 am »

the first one is showing where the forbidden engraving is, and I think the goblin liason came through the battle arena and got chopped

EDit: I managed to lose the records of what I traded to the elves, but it was like 3 screens of roasts and 2 screeens of drink.

more edit: the elves are stil in the depot....
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:11:17 am by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #962 on: June 30, 2016, 07:24:24 am »

Why do I get the sinking feeling we're going to get "The enemy has come to lay siege against the fortress ..."
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #963 on: June 30, 2016, 07:37:23 am »

its the goblins. they scared the humans. I have a plan to lessen that in thr future.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 30, 2016, 08:16:56 pm »

EDit: I managed to lose the records of what I traded to the elves, but it was like 3 screens of roasts and 2 screeens of drink.

And this is how we deal with politicians....
... I think the goblin liason came through the battle arena and got chopped

Examination of the wound indicates that Mr Sheneeko was killed with a steel weapon: an exceptional quality battle axe. The goblin hordes don't use steel.

I can only conclude that this was no accident. Gather the suspects: we've got a murrrrrder on our hands.

(Edit) Waaait a second, this isn't Mr Sheneeko. It's a female goblin! (in my defence, all goblins look the same) Why do we have female goblin guild representatives and why are we murrrrrdering them? What is even going on in Breadbowl anymore? So confused.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 08:28:39 pm by QuQuasar »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 30, 2016, 08:25:50 pm »

Goddammit Gwolfski! You do this in every fort. It was a bit funny the first time, it wasn't funny the second time, it certainly isn't funny now. Can't you play anything besides the stereotypical murderous baby's-third-fort? I thought you were an experienced player!

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 30, 2016, 09:22:30 pm »

Goddammit Gwolfski! You do this in every fort. It was a bit funny the first time, it wasn't funny the second time, it certainly isn't funny now. Can't you play anything besides the stereotypical murderous baby's-third-fort? I thought you were an experienced player!
Take it easy. I'm not concerned about how Gwolfski plays. Secret murders are an overseers prerogative, and besides: how well one plays is secondary to how well they tell the story.

Which leads me to what I am concerned about: how well they tell the story.

Gwolfski: you've not been providing enough information to tell what's going on, haven't bothered trying to write much of anything in-character, and failed to report trade quantities with the elves.

I don't expect every turn to be up to the same level of quality and effort as some of the amazing turns we've had to date, but right now you're really not clearing the minimum bar. So, prior warning: if this is the standard of quality we can expect for the rest of your turn, then I will have to consider nullifying it.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 01, 2016, 12:51:56 am »

Ooh, harsh.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 01, 2016, 03:12:02 am »

Well, it is not like this is the first time trade amounts had been lost and thus discarded, but lot has been. Gwofski, what's up with your setup that you keep losing screenshots?

Still, I must admit that while you do some interesting stuff -  A 50-layer engraving? That is cool - I have little idea where it is. Partly it is probably not having played the fort, granted. Still, that's not too good from either a story or a gameplay perspective - some things like stockpile and lever links are definitely non-obvious.

As a general personal request, would someone perhaps upload Breadbowl's map for viewing on that flash site with fort maps and movies? It'd be interesting to look at without DLing the fort and booting up.....

However, not like I have much stake in the fort - the FPS scares me ^^° Went ahead and DLed Ncommander's save, got 11 FPS viewing the surface level. And that's after Slusa Sad, tch.

Still, I learned few interesting things, such as
❶ the entire map edge having roads for some reason
❷ king's quarters being open to fliers/climbers
❸ Kumil having climbed a tree
❹ even higher there being random useless ballista
❺ artifact bags collecting sand
❻ only a door blocking beasts from all caverns to surface with multiple entrances
❼ first caverns being halfway walled off with over seven thousand webs
❽ toys being halfway into the earth
❾ stocks showing 27k plants, 0 fish and 4-digit count of various clothing stuff.

(The fort lags if I try to scroll to thousands of blocks, for instance...I may be full of ram, but damn. )

With dfhack: clean all mud snow item removes 14,5k stuff, btw.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #969 on: July 01, 2016, 03:25:04 am »

Well, I'm planing to get the save up today or tommorrow.

Journal of a ghost

We had a siege, just as the humans came, so no trading anything to them. They dropped a lot of random stuff here, though. Oh, the goblin politician must have been mistaken for one of the invaders when she was coming here. Or maybe she changed her mind?  I don't understand goblins.

Other then that, it's rather quiet. Not much to write about. The new inn is almost finished, and the tunnels are nearly done, too. I think I'll replace the wooden roads, they are rather dangerous.

((OOC it really is boring. interesting stuff: goblin siege, goblin politicain getting slaughtered))

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 01, 2016, 03:32:54 am »

Tunnels to where and for what purpose?

Screenshot of the inn? I hope is royal?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #971 on: July 01, 2016, 03:34:57 am »

I thought I mentioned the tunnels? Tunnels from inside the fort to map edges. For caravans and sieges.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 01, 2016, 03:39:35 am »

Oh right >_>

I don't really have a mental image of Breadbowl, though.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 01, 2016, 03:55:05 am »

ORANGES.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #974 on: July 01, 2016, 04:06:06 am »

I found what I traded to the elves, cos they never left.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 105