Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 421615 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06]
« Reply #975 on: July 01, 2016, 04:29:48 am »

Nice. I've come to wonder...what level of social skills/appraiser does the broker have?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #976 on: July 01, 2016, 04:43:50 am »

I have no idea, he's always off doing god knows what, so random dofs trade. Actually, its the same guy since th elves. He never left the depot

Just saw this, btw http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159142.0
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 10:34:44 am by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #977 on: July 03, 2016, 06:59:21 am »

Apologies, got hit by windows update last night. Uploading save over my crappy mobile internet again

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #978 on: July 03, 2016, 05:51:44 pm »

My internet is too unstable to upload the whole file, so i had to do it in chunks.
I trust you can reassemble the pieces

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12215
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12216
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12217
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12218

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 03, 2016, 05:58:50 pm »

Me next. Oh boy. I may or may not be able to pull off my master plan, depending on how fucked the fort is.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #980 on: July 03, 2016, 06:03:18 pm »

Oh, I ended a month early, couldnt stand it. Although I have had an idea now, calculate how much fastdwarf speeds dwarves up, then use the timestrean.lua script to speed time up by that amount.

lets say fastdwarf speeds dorfs up 5 times.

we do 'fastdwarf 2 0' (2 so all creatures are affeced)
then 'timestream 5' (the timestream.lua script has to be downloaded and put into the scripts folder)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 03, 2016, 07:11:54 pm »

I present to you, the most badass dwarf in Breadbowl.

Spoiler: Large (click to show/hide)

His name is Kol Copperweaver, already off to a good start. He has a wife and infant daughter. Don't let the profession fool you, he's an off-duty speardwarf. He's fairly young, but is missing an eye and has a badass scar on one cheek. He's brave, calm, and resistant to stress. He has a sharp mind. He hates slackers and cowards. He once made an artifact glumprong door with pictures of elves getting killed on it.

SO GUESS WHOSE PERSPECTIVE MY UPDATES ARE GOING TO BE FROM

((Imgur is being shitty so there probably won't be many images, but I'll try to make detailed posts anyway.))

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 04, 2016, 10:41:30 am »

Journal of Kol Copperweaver

Opal

Me and some of the guys, we couldn't take it any more. The Duke's ghost murdering everyone, ruining Breadbowl's good name. We couldn't oppose him in public, of course, so we met in secret. We had one of the engravers make a slab for him and that was that. Everyone was a bit dazed after months of ghost-murder, so nobody really questioned things when I declared myself overseer. Anyway, that's how I ended up in charge.

I took the chance to correct some things I never had the authority to fix. First, I assigned a bunch of animals to be trained. Fools! If you don't train those animals, they'll go wild! Then I ordered the dumping of a lot of trash. We have entirely too much hair, scale, cartilage, and feathers clogging the refuse piles.

Obsidian

There's been a lot of tantruming and unhappiness lately. I fear for the fortress. Between the dragon, the werebeasts, the tantrums, and the murderous ghost, I decided to tell the dwarven caravan to leave empty. I promised them extra food next time, but there was so much chaos here we couldn't spare anything.

I will now devote the rest of my effort to saving the fortress.

First: There are corpses just laying everywhere. We need coffins. Production will begin immediately. Also, some ghosts need slabbing.

((Can I use DFhack to clean up?))

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #983 on: July 04, 2016, 10:43:24 am »

((i ran the clean command and all the 'performance tweaks' in dfhack all the time))

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #984 on: July 04, 2016, 04:50:57 pm »

Can we get a summary of how the fort is; what's standing, etc? I honestly can't tell what happened through gwolfski's turn or even what started the fire ...
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 04, 2016, 06:09:22 pm »

Gwolfski was casting obsidian for cooler rooms to smooth and engrave.

What resulted were some of the hottest rooms in the fortress, I guess.

Also, my mental headcanon is that Gwolfski runs DF off a windows smartphone.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 04, 2016, 07:00:41 pm »

Journal of Kol Copperweaver

Granite

The new year! Coffin production is going well. I found a large empty room underground, so we're slowly filling it with coffins. Bodies are being buried. People are no longer being horrified by the corpses of their dead family members. Things are getting better.

It seems I was mistaken. The dead Duke traded with the dwarven caravan before we slabbed him. That explains their confusion when I told them we wouldn't be trading.

I reshuffled the military. Miners and woodcutters are no longer in civilian squads. I replaced the old captain of the guard with Murky. She is the biggest and strongest dwarf I have ever seen. ((Murky's strength is in the 4000s. The next strongest dwarf is in the high 2000s.)) Hopefully her presence will deter lawbreakers. Also, there is no more guard, only Murky.

Two of the most stressed dwarves went insane. Also, Bearskie murdered the farmer Lorbam during a tantrum. As punishment, Murky caved in his skull with one punch. I sent my condolences to their spouses. Apparently we have a Viscount and Viscountess here, so they have taken over Bearskie's offices as broker and bookkeeper. Taupe is now the last remaining founder.

The elven caravan has arrived. The dwarves scramble to bring all the food and drink to the depot.

Murky executed another dwarf, this one a recruit named Iteb.

Migrants, five of them, mostly useless. We can always use more farmers.

Murky executed a recruit named Iton. Also, the insane from earlier have finally died. Their bodies were buried immediately. PROGRESS!

Can we get a summary of how the fort is; what's standing, etc? I honestly can't tell what happened through gwolfski's turn or even what started the fire ...
Pretty much everything is fine. We're missing quite a few doors, though, we're at 130 dwarves and dropping, and there's ten times as much work as dwarves. And ghosts everywhere. And there was an unsealed route from the edge of the map straight into the fort. Pretty tame for a Gwolfski turn.

I have the images from the trade, but Imgur is being a shit, so no pics yet.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 04, 2016, 11:30:09 pm »

I found what I traded to the elves, cos they never left.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*Stares*

I'm guessing you didn't see the easy way to record trade quantities explained in the first post. I'm not going to even try tallying that lot up. 0 points.

. I replaced the old captain of the guard with Murky. She is the biggest and strongest dwarf I have ever seen.
Good to see my militia-dwarf coming to prominence in the narrative. I'm sure she will do her patron proud...

Bearskie murdered the farmer Lorbam during a tantrum. As punishment, Murky caved in his skull with one punch.
Murky executed another dwarf, this one a recruit named Iteb.
Murky executed a recruit named Iton.
*single tear* ... so very proud.

Goodbye dear Bearskie. Your communist revolutions against the capitalist bourgeois will be sorely missed.

Taupe is the last one of us left alive? I'm impressed, but not surprised. If any dwarf was able to survive the hamsters rampage, it would be Taupe.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 11:46:21 pm by QuQuasar »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 05, 2016, 04:02:23 am »

I'm guessing you didn't see the easy way to record trade quantities explained in the first post. I'm not going to even try tallying that lot up. 0 points.
To be fair, I recall somebody - I think Sanctume? - reporting that those failed to corresponded properly.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 05, 2016, 08:46:41 am »

I did it like Gwolfski did it since it's been so long since the updates before him.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 105