Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 421695 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06]
« Reply #990 on: July 05, 2016, 11:49:57 am »

Honestly, at this point, I'm expecting when Breadbowl falls, Taupe will be the last dwarf standing in a wasteland of crumbs.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 05, 2016, 01:42:29 pm »

Haggard:
 - ToniK
 - Moonythehuman

Stressed
 - Tonnot
 - the queen
 - Darzen

A bit stressed
 - the king
 - Crazy Blades
 - Pyro
 - Kol (my dwarf)
 - Techno

Just fine
 - Sanctume
 - Murky
 - Taupe

Pyro and Tonnot are married. Also, the two happiest dwarves in the fort are orphans. Taupe is #5.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 05, 2016, 02:10:02 pm »

I lost some progress. On the bright side, it wasn't much and now I know where the game-crashing engraving is. GWOLFSKI!

((By the way, I added in the alcohol syndrome and child states for giant olms and GCS.))

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 05, 2016, 02:39:24 pm »

Wouldn't that result in raw mismatch problems for future overseers?

Ignoring that, whether it is a benefit....Being tameable in 1 job instead of never, always needing taming makes for easier food production. But on the flip side, given olms and GCS don't drink anything being slowed down by booze withdrawal might prevent their breeding.

(Surprised someone looks at engravings)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 05, 2016, 03:53:09 pm »

I have no idea what you're talking about.

But on the flip side, given olms and GCS don't drink anything being slowed down by booze withdrawal might prevent their breeding.
That only happens to dwarves because dwarves are alcohol-dependent.

EDIT: I obsidianized the engravings with DFhack, but now they're just on the obsidian. None of the miners will work.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:02:29 pm by TheFlame52 »

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #995 on: July 05, 2016, 04:04:32 pm »

But on the flip side, given olms and GCS don't drink anything being slowed down by booze withdrawal might prevent their breeding.
That only happens to dwarves because dwarves are alcohol-dependent.

EDIT: I obsidianized the engravings with DFhack, but now they're just on the obsidian. None of the miners will work.

Delete everyones labors with therapist, let them idle, then let them go again. I've been able to that to fix them not working.

Also, unrelated, I managed to top my fortress burning shenanigans from Breadbowl in throwback fortress :). 102 dwarfs dead within a month with one fire and no magma.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 05, 2016, 04:07:11 pm »

Modifying the raws in a save file can cause inconsistencies with the save data, leading to Bad Things.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #997 on: July 05, 2016, 04:23:02 pm »

Modifying the raws in a save file can cause inconsistencies with the save data, leading to Bad Things.

It's generally safe if you modify tags of an existing object to add one or two things. Rewriting booze to be another would be a bad thing. */2 cents*

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #998 on: July 05, 2016, 05:24:33 pm »

I told you where it is. There's only one, unless I accidentally did another one.

Also, my mental headcanon is that Gwolfski runs DF off a windows smartphone.

I run it on a windows xp latop  :P

(not really, shitty windows 8 laptop, Howeber the old laptop runs df quite good, but it would turn into toast if I ran breadbowl on it...)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 05, 2016, 05:32:20 pm »

As long as you only change things and don't add anything, everything is fine. I changed booze to be alcoholic and now our dwarves get drunk. I changed some critters to have kids and now they have kids. Everything is fine.

Kol Copperweaver's Journal

Slate

blah blah murky arrested someone also the king sentenced the hammerer to ten hammerstrikes

elves left also we have animals

fuck roleplaying

Felsite

Things seem to have calmed down. I can focus on my military training while the fortress runs itself. Tantrums have mostly stopped, probably because everyone who was tantruming is dead or in jail. Good job, Murky. Also, a cook and a weaver have gone insane. ((ToniK is now the most stressed dwarf. Also, all the haggard dwarves 'give up easily' and will therefore go melancholy.))

I ordered some weapon traps to be built in the barracks hallway and filled with goblin weapons. Every enemy those traps kill is one we don't have to. Cowardice? Survival.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 05, 2016, 08:18:32 pm »

((Fun fact: The two insane dwarves both have forumite kills. Also, the stressed dwarves are getting BETTER! Now what should I order from the humans?))

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 06, 2016, 12:02:01 am »

I'm guessing you didn't see the easy way to record trade quantities explained in the first post. I'm not going to even try tallying that lot up. 0 points.
To be fair, I recall somebody - I think Sanctume? - reporting that those failed to corresponded properly.
No, everyone before NCommander (who didn't manage to trade due to all the death and fire) reported their total trade quantities. I just got lazy and didn't keep the OP up to date, so Sanctume (bless his =pig tail fiber mittens=) scoured the thread for the ones I missed.

I did it like Gwolfski did it since it's been so long since the updates before him.
I'll only record your trade quantities if I get a number for each trade. As much as I'd like to know how much The Great Doom Fire Of Doom affected our production, (this was part of the reason I was so grumpy with Gwolfski), I simply don't have the spare time to tally up pages upon pages of trade screens.

Now what should I order from the humans?
I doubt we need much. Maybe some iron objects for melting, but beyond that most tradestuff is just clutter.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1002 on: July 06, 2016, 12:04:14 am »

I actually did manage to trade on my turn. The elfs actually escaped the fortress burning down, and I believe I also traded with the humans. I didn't trade with the last dwarven cavern though, though I like the idea that conceptionally, I shipped out a lot of burnt food :)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 06, 2016, 12:37:55 am »

Trade requirement was a simple screen shots of before and after on food and drinks.  That was how I got the info from previous posts. 

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 06, 2016, 10:05:21 am »

Could I have a dorf called Gordak.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 105