Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 421671 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06]
« Reply #1020 on: July 17, 2016, 09:25:14 pm »

Yikes. If you're getting iron/bronze enemies, the cutting weapons really need to be steel, at least.

Granted, the goblins may not wear much armor, but in my arena tests steel axes were uttarly unable to do worse than bruise through steel armor, even on neck strikes (meanwhile, I get featherwood minecart ripping out throats through armor z,z).

How did the wagon tip over, scuttled itself in fear of dead goblins?

That hammerer sounds more dangerous to the fortress than a vampire mayor.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 17, 2016, 09:31:59 pm »

BREADBOWL LIVES

(AT LEAST FOR THE MOMENT)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 18, 2016, 07:13:22 am »

Wow. Just wow. This- is a complete mess. Wow.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1023 on: July 18, 2016, 07:35:34 am »

Yikes. If you're getting iron/bronze enemies, the cutting weapons really need to be steel, at least.

Granted, the goblins may not wear much armor, but in my arena tests steel axes were uttarly unable to do worse than bruise through steel armor, even on neck strikes (meanwhile, I get featherwood minecart ripping out throats through armor z,z).

We have a goblin problem to say the least. At least we can mostly seal the fort. Still, I have the feeling our end is near.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 18, 2016, 08:52:18 am »

Fuck if I know, but the goblins were dead when the merchants came. Also the hammerer has only killed one person, it's Murky the captain of the guard who keeps killing everyone. But she only kills tantrumers, so it's fine.

We have a goblin problem to say the least. At least we can mostly seal the fort. Still, I have the feeling our end is near.
We have the opposite of a goblin problem. We've gotten to the point where every siege is wimpier than the last, having chewed through the goblins' reserves. I'll check legends when the year is over.

Wow. Just wow. This- is a complete mess. Wow.
Except for the military loyalty cascade, I don't know what you mean. Everything is fine.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 18, 2016, 08:53:05 am »

Goblins aren't a real threat.  They've been coming often since year 4 when there were less than 10 non-elite melee and 10 range soldiers. 

Using civ burrows, and splitting the siege via the bridges is one way to handle the horde. 

Engaging them with marksdwarfs on the walls is just asking for your own trouble though.

For a fort from v40, the individual stresses that goes above 100-300k, do the temple / tavern address those "feelings" stats, compared to the v42 need based stats of socialize and worship and craft?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 18, 2016, 04:57:38 pm »

If I used DFhack liberally and played this fort for five years running, I might be able to clean this fort up. As it is the fort grinds to a halt three months out of the year when the caravans arrive and dwarves haul things to the depot. I am playing this lagfest at 5 FPS, which is why my updates are so slow.

I just played like two months and my computer crashed. No update today.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1027 on: July 18, 2016, 05:10:24 pm »

If I used DFhack liberally and played this fort for five years running, I might be able to clean this fort up. As it is the fort grinds to a halt three months out of the year when the caravans arrive and dwarves haul things to the depot. I am playing this lagfest at 5 FPS, which is why my updates are so slow.

I played it first at 1, then dfhack clean put it up to six, whicj csmr doen to about 3 or 4
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1028 on: July 18, 2016, 05:38:27 pm »

The problem is being caused by the ocean evaporating creating constant flows. I tried to DFhack the tempature without avail to fix it. Part of me things we should just DFhack out the ocean ...
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1029 on: July 18, 2016, 05:52:21 pm »

The problem is being caused by the ocean evaporating creating constant flows. I tried to DFhack the tempature without avail to fix it. Part of me things we should just DFhack out the ocean ...

I seem to recall the ocean mysteriously disappeared during your turn
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1030 on: July 18, 2016, 06:04:35 pm »

I seem to recall the ocean mysteriously disappeared during your turn

I put it back. And I hadn't DFhacked out the ocean at all. I just abused how Dwarf Fortress handles liquids :)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 19, 2016, 12:13:52 am »

I put it back. And I hadn't DFhacked out the ocean at all. I just abused how Dwarf Fortress handles liquids :)
I know, I saw how you did it. But why is the ocean evaporating?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 19, 2016, 12:43:28 am »

Because it is in scorching biome, I guess.

A good reason to build minecart elevator to obsidianize the ocean, I guess. Might want to leave 1 scorching square in a corner for more ocean life variety, though.

This would also get the fortress a new farming area.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 20, 2016, 05:52:33 pm »

Kol Copperweaver's Journal

Sandstone

4 migrants

traded 3786 drink and 114 prepared meals, which doesn't sound right, for one steel bar

wild boar killed a clothier, 120 dwarves

took all the tantrumers out of the military

giant olm meat rotting in the butcher's shops

fuck this i'm burned out

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 20, 2016, 06:41:31 pm »

i'm burned out

And thus TheFlame bursts into a bright bloom, only to consume itself, leaving cold ash blown away into the winds. 
A cackle of glee can be heard as the profane smoke drifts over Breadbowl.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 105