Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 421595 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Requesting Overseers
« Reply #1185 on: October 04, 2016, 03:11:24 pm »

...Wow, that took a long time. I mean, the fort was open to the caverns for like 5 years, right?

*looks back* "The fort is stable now" hehe...

but you overlooked the FB so much we still don't have any ideas what it look(ed)s like expect "dangerous".

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: October 04, 2016, 03:20:01 pm »

Wow, with Taupe and Murky dead, who else is left in the military?

Does Sanctume still have his tomb?

p.s. I wish to be dwarfed as "Dirk" and prefer a knife fighter or miner.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:23:16 pm by Sanctume »

luneya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: October 04, 2016, 03:25:50 pm »

It was some sort of giant spider or something; its FB power was web-spinning. As for the large count of dead, yeah, the early bunch was from its moving towards our main underground workshops and stockpiles, and the haulers not getting out of the way. And then it proved difficult to kill, with several of our big-name military dwarves falling in the process. It finally went down just before I was forced to resort to drafting every able-bodied dwarf I had left.

The farmers were all busy planting while this was going on, so we still have a food industry. Not much military left, but perhaps we can survive by playing turtle during future sieges. Or maybe another friendly ettin will show up to save our butts  ;D

Actually, we're not completely screwed for military, as several of the unnamed veteran dwarves lived. We still have 4 axe lords, a hammer lord, and a spearmaster.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
  • WipEout - CONTENDER ELIMINATED
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 04, 2016, 03:29:16 pm »

The epitome of a dwarven epic fail. Hehe
Well, this adds to the novel/sci-fi TV adaptation I was buzzing about. !!FUN!!
But, in all seriousness, we thought a baby drowning in the old well was terrifying. Even more so the gorlak fiasco. The Great Fire is burned into our minds (not sorry). And now this? Ho boy oh boy.
!!FUN!!

But, really think how this would be adapted into a novel. Breadbowl, already stuck in a mess made from the ashes of its former self. And now this? GOT now has a run for its money I guess.

Breadbowl, you weird dwarven insanity that came from too much sunlight, we love you. It may be dead, but it lives in our hearts, dammit! You'll be sorely missed.

PS. Too early to eulogize?
The giant louse is on the loose and some loser dwarf has blood to lose.

luneya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: October 04, 2016, 03:34:20 pm »

Sancturne, here's your new dorf. The custom profession "lazy bastard" is a relic of some previous overseer; I'm not sure if there was once a dorf name attached, but she's the only miner we have left, so she's yours now.

HMetal, your character may be dead, and mine along with him, but the fortress still lives. As long as there isn't another disaster in the next three seasons, there will even be more overseers after me. I refuse to go down in history as the overseer who killed Breadbowl.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: October 04, 2016, 03:36:10 pm »

Sorry. Didn't mean to offend anyone question your honor here.

P.S Request to be redorfed as "Metalhead[Insert year of the chosen dwarf's birth]". One of the remaining axe lords should do nicely.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:42:07 pm by HMetal2001 »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: October 04, 2016, 03:39:55 pm »

Awesome.  I think that profession "lazy bastard" was given by Flame, maybe. 

Population culling probably saves on FPS.  Farmers and Cooks seems to be the elite caste.

Anyone checked the latest Legends to see the pop for The Old Nets?

luneya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: October 04, 2016, 03:41:14 pm »

Sanctume, you asked about a tomb for your previous character? Here's what I found

upload img

I'm not sure if that's what you meant or not. It's a significant corner of what appears to be a shared burial complex, connected to the tomb of the late King Sibrek. But it isn't even really a private room; there's two other coffins in there occupied by dwarves of no particular interest.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: October 04, 2016, 03:45:07 pm »

That's the one.  One is for the wife, and the other is for As the depressed adult daughter.

Request a slab to see who killed him.  :)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06]
« Reply #1194 on: October 04, 2016, 03:50:02 pm »

Aha, Dirk points to the overseer who gave her that nickname.

I nicknamed him 'lazy bastard' because he refuses to mine. Even with all labors disabled and the area to mine set to priority 1. Honestly, 0.42/0.43 is so buggy that I prefer 0.40!

luneya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: October 04, 2016, 04:06:11 pm »

Not about to add a slab engraving task now. The labor shortage is terrible enough as it is. Framerate's up to 30, though.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: October 04, 2016, 04:06:56 pm »

Request to be redorfed as "Metalhead[Insert year of the chosen dwarf's birth]". One of the remaining axe lords should do nicely. Please?

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: October 04, 2016, 04:31:04 pm »

Framerate's up to 30, though.
Some things in life are bad... they can really make you mad...

I'm now picturing the farmers of Breadbowl cheerfully singing and whistling that song as they carry the corpses of their comrades to a mass grave.

Webslingers, urgh. Murky, Taupe, Sanctume and Crazy Blades were 4 of Breadbowl's strongest warriors by far, and two of them wielded artifact weapons.

I'd really like like to see the description of the forgotten beast that took them down, if you can find it. If you've only got it's name, I think we might be able to track it down in legends. Also, any idea who struck the killing blow?

luneya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: October 04, 2016, 04:56:00 pm »

The FB was Ongul Sleponuja Acmot Tob, or Ongul Gristleurns the Callus of Wastes, killed by Axe Lord/Militia Captain Lor Mengdesis Tholtigsil Tislam. I don't know any way to get more info than that on a dead FB, but then I've never tried legends mode. In other news, the summer season opened with a siege. I wasn't able to get the bridges closed in time, so I went with the backup plan of drafting everybody. We lost two more adult dwarves (most notably including our master glassmaker), plus some children and animals. Also, the mysterious machinery in the southeast got destroyed some more, and I'm still not going to do anything about it. All in all, not nearly as big a cluster-f**k as I had feared.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 04:58:23 pm by luneya »

luneya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: October 04, 2016, 05:05:08 pm »

HMetal, being as you're one of the senior Breadbowl people and you asked so nicely, how about we give you our heroic FB-killer?

screenshot host (I have to plug them sometime so they don't delete my uploads)
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 105