Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 421619 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06]
« Reply #1380 on: November 14, 2016, 07:53:47 pm »

Is the save okay? I dug up the LNP version of 42.06 and I'm getting "missing instrument_flute"

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: November 14, 2016, 09:13:54 pm »

I'm getting that error also during Load Game; Reactions...

FATAL ERROR
Missing Item Definition: ITEM_INSTRUMENT_FLUTE

Doing Googlefu, possible info from Reddit

Update; I got a fix of sorts from this link by lethosor

I used my save from year 246 after my turn onto in this latest save year 251. 
I copy raw/objects folder from my old save into the new save folder.  Something like:
"~data/save/Breadbowl 246/raw/object" folder drag and drop to
"~data/save/Breadbowl 251/raw/object" folder; replace files. 

I was able to load the year 251 save.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 09:39:59 pm by Sanctume »

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
  • WipEout - CONTENDER ELIMINATED
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: November 15, 2016, 12:42:40 am »

So, can I use my own RAWs for the save?
The giant louse is on the loose and some loser dwarf has blood to lose.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: November 15, 2016, 01:24:45 am »

The raws that I used is from an old save that worked. 

So something changed after in later versions of the Lazy Newb Pack that is causing the "FATAL ERROR Missing Item Definition: ITEM_INSTRUMENT_FLUTE."

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: November 15, 2016, 01:32:51 am »

Copied in the raws from an older save and it's up and chugging along at 25 fps. Now I just have to think up a character and plan out my reign of terror unimaginable horror fire and pain good... things?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: November 15, 2016, 02:46:43 am »

good things such as strawberries, rice flour, alpaca milk, and pecan oil.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: November 15, 2016, 04:15:36 am »

So I probably ought to be dwarfed, any issue with me claiming Kadol Ableltoltot Broker/Royal Bedroom Squatter?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: November 15, 2016, 01:31:23 pm »

I think all un-nicknamed/un-named dwarfs are free for claiming.

Only rule about dwarfing is name of re-dwarf must be new, i.e. no "Sanctume II" allowed.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: November 15, 2016, 03:12:45 pm »

Hail Czar Kadol, Leader of Breadbowl!

My silent coup has finally payed off! When I staked my claim to the king’s chambers I assumed leadership would pass naturally to me, it didn’t work out quite like that but power is mine all the same. I hereby formally declare myself Czar Kadol, and leader of this fortress! It’s no secret that we’re failing to meet our production requirements and a lot of people have made a lot of excuses “I lost trade records” “people keep trying to kill us” “everything is on fire.” No more, we are going to start making our numbers as soon as possible. True, some of us are children, many of us are dead, and some of us are in fact dead children. Disirregardless we are going to turn this fortress around with my brilliant three step plan.

Prong 1: Think outside the box. Why is it that only edible things are food? I say because we fail to dream big enough. That in mind I’ve drawn up plans for the following.
Breghd, an imitation loaf of bread analogue that is totally and completely edible regardless of what any medical dwarves or crying children say.  It’s made with a base of minced seeds and flavored with different and presumably better tasting minced seeds. Careful management should stop this from exhausting our seed reserves but just in case I’ll make an edict protecting a small number of seeds for use in case of an emergency. Because it is technically and legally a food product we can fill out our lagging food exports by producing Breghd.

“Pood” is  a catch all term for food that some might consider to be people. I came up with the name after I decided that I didn’t want to talk about eating people where other people might hear me. I’m creating a food commission to devise a way to make our ever expanding zoo of sentient beings more delicious and marketable. (Seriously, I bet that crab man and crab taste exactly the same.) For that purpose I’m creating SCOOL the “Secret Commission On Otalgial Lugubriousity and cannibalism” a boring and normal committee to investigate ways to stop earaches from making people sad and to make sentient beings delicious.

Phase 2: Liquidate unnecessary assets
One of the problems with Breadbowl is that we have many resources that aren’t really necessary for our productivity. My plan is to cut down on all unnecessary industries and drains on our assets by ordering mass work stoppages in nonproductive sectors and remodeling our animal husbandry along more economically sustainable lines. For example, we are breeding tons of Rhinos despite the fact that Rhinos take 10 years to reach sexual maturity and 5 years to reach full size, in the meantime eating all the tasty grass better spent on faster growing grazers. I plan to investigate models of slaughter that make rhinos and similar unproductive grazers more profitable while retaining our ability to export tasty exotic meats.

Measure 3: Expand underutilized industries
Our farms are not operating at peak efficiency. Looking at our agreement with the elves we have to plant 407 trees to be considered “not tree murderers” and since that’s definitely not happening there are no consequences to clear cutting. Hooray unreasonable diplomatic demands! I’ve decided to cut the non-farm related work of our professional planters and to dedicate some of our orphans to potash making so we get the absolute most from our farms.

In addition, Eggs and fruit are tremendously productive resources we are not exploiting to their fullest. I seek to expand our supply of egg laying creatures and to pull as many dwarves as possible into foraging for fruit and other edible or quasi-edible things.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: November 15, 2016, 04:35:36 pm »

Yes! Make Breadbowl Great Again!
Breghd and Pood for all.
SCOOL is in, Rhino shit goes to potash.
Eggsellent measures, more fruit in our diets too.

Dirk straps the mining pick on then back and start lugging around a stepladder.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: November 15, 2016, 08:44:13 pm »

THE RHINOS ARE FOR WAR NOT FOOD

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: November 15, 2016, 09:11:05 pm »

Moonstone 1, 251
Food Production is job one, nobody seems to get that. ALL Metalwork, glasswork, clothesmaking, leatherwork, and processing or handling of non-food plants has been suspended pending review. It’s possible that pot production will have to continue and maybe even be expanded but for now we’re throwing everything into gather food within the walls and cutting down the trees in the moat.

Our military, sparse though it may be, is completely outfitted. Even the lowest soldier has a full uniform so producing more armor is just encouraging them to swap out pieces which is a largely nonproductive behavior. Likewise processing of adamantine, while nice, is not helping us reach our goals. I have also deactivated the Shafts of Fortifying. Every member of the group is legendary in their chosen weapon so their continued training no longer serves a purpose. Since they’re lollygagging about they can start picking fruit and burning wood.

Food production being our priority radical changes have been made to the way we’ll be handling prepared food. Taking 1 fish and 1 piece of meat and making a biscuit turns 2 pieces of food into 2 pieces of more valuable and better tasting food. This is not food production. Taking one handful of prickleberry seeds and one handful of eggplant seeds to make two nutritious and 68% digestible loaves of breghd creates two units of food. From now on only ingredients that cannot be eaten raw may not be cooked and our food production is guaranteed to increase.

In order to free up cages and begin research into Pood a pasture has been set aside for the plump helmet and crab people we’ve captured. The goblin prisoners are to be promptly executed, preferably in full view of the human’s goblin guild representative, that’s playing hardball. I’ve noticed a great deal of seeds in animal cages and it seems like we’re wasting a lot of resources on giant hamster subsidies, from now on those freeloaders are going to have to get out there, pull themselves up by their bootstraps, and eat grass in a tiny walled off area.

The Elkbirds are being given eggboxes so they can start roosting. The pythons eggs are being harvested because research suggests it’s not possible to induce them to hatch in captivity. After a brief investigation of the rhino breeding program I have found it wanting. All but 5 of the rhino calves have been slated for butchery. The oldest 4 females and 1 male will be allowed to grow to adulthood for breeding and defense but it’s just not worth feeding a whole herd of the things. Their purported purpose is defense but they haven’t really distinguished themselves and certainly haven’t done enough to justify the 10 year commitment and regular pasture changes that it takes to raise a brood to maturity. Some have accused me of undermining our military but the time has come to hammer our swords into steaks and then sell the steaks.

OOC: There will be pictures after stuff starts happening, I haven't even unpaused.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: November 15, 2016, 10:59:54 pm »

Overseer is making Thunk help!

Thunk has advice for overseer! Thunk had reduced production because there were not enough food haulers to move cooked food out of kitchens, and also because cooks are too inexperienced to keep up with planters! Thunk also noted that eggs were not being retrieved from nestboxes! Breadbowl's hauling routes are inefficient, but this was not a problem until now due to an excess of dwarfpower!

Thunk was also processing adamantine and making steel armour in hopes of attracting migrants to Breadbowl! Thunk is not sure if food counts towards created wealth because food is traded away!

Thunk is helping!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: November 16, 2016, 12:34:01 am »

- Heh. "Silent coup".

I guess it is accurate.

- I think the evil biome is non-reanimating - no undead animals have come onto map ever.

- Why make seed biscuits when you can make roasts?

- Livestock industry....FPS-heavy option, but job-wise it takes 19 jobs per larger creature: butchering, tanning, hauling bones, hauling meat, fat, brain, heart, lungs, intenstines, liver, kidneys, tripe, sweetbread, eyes, spleen, bones, skull, rending fat, cooking fat.

now, sure, hauling a thing five tiles takes far less time than typical job, but when average plant stack requires two jobs, perhaps there should be a lower size limit applied on livestock:

At least 47,5 edible/cookable produced (19*5/2) per average creature.

Water buffalo passes at 51, Yaks don't at 39,5. 

Rhino is bit of an odd option. They produce 167 per full-sized creature, but take while to grow up. Once you reach population cap on them, waiting five years for full results gives you effectively 1/5 the output, making them fall below the line.

At 1 year for children slaughtering, though, I think it is around 633k body size? Which is below a yak.

Yearly adult culling, however, would produce different results, though. Slaughtering 20% of adults per year would provide full result per creature, but effectively act as breeding herd one fifth the size.

Of course, there's decent amount of giant animals they'd lose to, as well as elephants/sperm whales/dragons.

- Been there with the "it's been days and still haven't unpaused" :P

- The current military may have trouble with goblin sieges. Since goblins are so kind as to announce their arrival and pause the game putting a grinder to slay them all in place is greatly simplified. Ideally, this would free up the military almost  permanently.

(There's still holes in defences, though. Mostly the sky, I think.)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 12:39:10 am by Fleeting Frames »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: November 16, 2016, 02:30:56 am »

Overseer is making Thunk help!

Thunk has advice for overseer! Thunk had reduced production because there were not enough food haulers to move cooked food out of kitchens, and also because cooks are too inexperienced to keep up with planters! Thunk also noted that eggs were not being retrieved from nestboxes! Breadbowl's hauling routes are inefficient, but this was not a problem until now due to an excess of dwarfpower!

Thunk was also processing adamantine and making steel armour in hopes of attracting migrants to Breadbowl! Thunk is not sure if food counts towards created wealth because food is traded away!

Thunk is helping!

I'm looking at 3093 deceased units, I don't think migrants are possible.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 105