Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 424473 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - THUNK DEMANDS NEW OVERSEERS!
« Reply #1470 on: February 23, 2017, 10:32:38 am »

This tale was amazing, I really hope Breadbowl endures. Could I be dorfed, as a male member of the militia if possible, named SteeDat? If there's a last stand against the gobbos maybe I'll show up in the battle reports.

You should take a turn, and choose your dwarf and seek glory or death. 

The rules are simple, sell all prepared food and drinks, and keep track how much are traded each time.

And then just play and enjoy and jot a few notes on what happened during your game. 

Or even when just paused, and you have set plans, and hope dwarfs follow them.

Steedat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: February 23, 2017, 04:26:49 pm »

YOU.  TAKE A TURN.

You should take a turn, and choose your dwarf and seek glory or death. 

The rules are simple, sell all prepared food and drinks, and keep track how much are traded each time.

And then just play and enjoy and jot a few notes on what happened during your game. 

Or even when just paused, and you have set plans, and hope dwarfs follow them.

Oh, what the heck. I'll grab the save and give it a go. No harm in dippin' my toes in, right? I've never run a succession fort so I won't set an ETA or promise anything epic, but I should at least be able to play around this weekend.

Migrant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: March 12, 2017, 07:48:37 am »

As the designated thread necromancer, I must ask what came to pass during your turn Steedat?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: April 05, 2017, 12:59:47 am »

The Immortal Ryukan pokes the tread with a stick
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
  • WipEout - CONTENDER ELIMINATED
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 07, 2017, 12:52:09 pm »

The Immortal Ryukan pokes the tread with a stick

Hey. Ow. Why?
The giant louse is on the loose and some loser dwarf has blood to lose.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
  • WipEout - CONTENDER ELIMINATED
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: May 13, 2017, 02:54:37 pm »

Thunk's thread thunked. Let's see if we can unthunk it. What do you thunk, Thunk?
The giant louse is on the loose and some loser dwarf has blood to lose.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: June 01, 2017, 04:01:37 am »

And somehow, this place still stands.

You know what? I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring here, because Breadbowl deserves a proper end to it's story. It doesn't deserve to sink through these pages, slowly bleeding overseers, until it is left forever unfinished for future readers. This is a fine fort, and I'd say one of the best for our version. A version known for peace, flowers and sunshine - yet somehow, we ended up with massive wall-to-wall sieges, rampaging beasts and burning pyres for years on end, that all culminated in of the most hysterically unfortunate turns in succession fort history (I'm looking at you NCommander). Even through that, Breadbowl endures. At this rate, I'm not sure anything else can kill us off anymore, but I'll be damned if I don't try.

Truth is, I haven't touched DF for the past year, and I've become horrendously incompetent in the mean time. Seriously, I just started a test fort yesterday and couldn't even remember how to assign labors. If you're looking for a guy to horribly mismanage the hundred-odd neurotic Breadbowlites, their equally neurotic pets/war beasts/prisoners/sacrificial tombbuddies, along with their schizophrenic architecture and industry, I'm your dwarf. Forgetting the keys doesn't make me any less of a megaproject engineer, it just makes me a crazy demented megaproject engineer who might kill off half the fort in doing so.

I won't promise updates quickly, but I will at least be updating, which is a small improvement over what we have going on right now. Low FPS is fine, I ran my old fort at 15FPS for over a decade. Just means that the updates will come slower. Heck, I might just leave Breadbowl running in tne background while I do other stuff, and probably come back to see another dragon torching our little village again. Heh, Taupe really called that one, didn't he?

If the ayes of Breadbowl have spoken, then I am open for any last-minute dorfings before I crack open this save. Which, for some reason, requires 7zip to open.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 04:03:57 am by Bearskie »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: June 01, 2017, 08:53:54 am »

The horrors within must be locked away in appropriate fashion, lest they destroy the interwebs and all that depends on it.

But seriously, it's probably bloated with reports of "AW CRAP DRAGONFIRE" or "AW CRAP SIEGE" or "AW CRAP THE OVERSEER IS ABOUT TO KILL ME".
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: June 01, 2017, 12:14:44 pm »

Go for it!

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbasket: a Succession Farm
« Reply #1479 on: June 06, 2017, 11:50:15 am »

Prologue

Breeze in my face. Salty. Like the sea.
Fuck
Waves. They lap against my feet.
My head
Sand in my boots. Coarse and irritating. It gets everywhere.
Arggghhhh kill me now

I hazarded to open an eye, and the moon immediately bore down upon me like a vengeful god. Not ashamed to say I whimpered on the shore like a beaten dog. My head rang like a sore bell. Mental note. Okay, self. Do not ever mix the following eight spirits again in alphabetical order.
  • Gutter cruor
  • Sewer water
  • Fishy… bear wine?
  • Cassava bears
  • Something purple with little umbrellas in it
  • Cabaombol- Fuck it, I can’t even pronounce this
  • I think it was a small hamster
  • Clear water
Sudden strike of inspiration. What if I mix them backwards? Mental note. Do try. It’s not as if there was anything worth living for here except for the booze. Fucking Breadbowl. Fuck you, whoever decided to settle here in this forsaken heatstroke land with the giant sign above it screaming HILL OF DEATH. Seriously, what the fucking hell were they thinking.

I think I found a good embark site:

It's the perfect place!

Now, I know what you're thinking! "Should I be worried that it says "The Hill of Death" over there?" But I can assure you, reports of the Hill's Death have been greatly exaggerated. The truth is, it's deathness is not even that death-like! It's more like the hill of deep sleep. And who doesn't enjoy a good sleep now and again?

Dwarves had limited sense of self-preservation, but last time I checked we weren’t outright suicidal. Did they just get a pamphlet saying FRIENDLY GOBLINS NEXT DOOR or MEET THE DRAGONS! God, this place. Perhaps I should just off myself right now. Ocean’s just another in a long line of things that can kill me. Others includes bolt to the brain, dragonfire, falling trees, death by hamster and catapult drawbridge. Come on you sly bastard, just do it already. Do it. Drop it drop it drop i-

“A-hem.”

Ughhhhhh. I knew that voice. That neat, uptight, fourteen-year old voice.

“Have you come to kill me?” I asked hopefully.

“No. In fact, it is within my prerogative to prevent that from occurring.” I opened my eyes to Murphy standing over me. Her mayoral badge glinted in the moonlight. “The Czar wishes to see you.”

“Goddamnit Murph I dint steal the alcohol this time it was all mine can’t you just leave me here to wallow in my own vomit for one fricken day without crawling up my arse...”

Murphy smirked with superiority. “Nope.”

Breeze. Waves. Sand. For a brief moment, it wasn’t that bad. The prospect of meeting nobles tended to put things into perspective. I let out a groan; it was intentionally theatrical, just for Murphy.

“Fine. But you’re gonna have to find my pegleg somewhere, I think I’ve lost it.”

Getting some backstory set up. This is going to be my guy - Ahab Daggerbrass, drunk amputee. Quite the optimistic fellow. Sorry guys, taking awhile with this. I won't be available for next week either so any updates will have to be later. :(

Spoiler: Ahab Daggerbrass (click to show/hide)

Dorfings:
Spoiler: Faker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rosareven (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Steedat (click to show/hide)

Also, anyone know that our mayor is a teenager?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:02:38 am by Bearskie »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: June 06, 2017, 11:59:55 am »

Is Kol still there? I seem to remember his last name having brass in it.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: June 06, 2017, 12:07:50 pm »

Kol's there, no worries. Wouldn't touch our fort's resident badass if I wanted to survive.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: June 06, 2017, 12:47:58 pm »

Alright, cool

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: June 06, 2017, 01:25:17 pm »

IT LIIIIIIVES!!!

Now then.

What sort of dwarfs are there? I kind of want to be a legendary/high-grade weapon/armor smith, if one's available. I'll come up with a name in a minute.

Secondary combat capability is a bonus.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: June 06, 2017, 11:32:13 pm »

Hahaha, remember the days when we had legendary weapon and armorsmiths?

Well, they're all dead now.

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 105