Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Magical girl test. Recruiting, look here now.  (Read 16891 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Magical girl test. Recruiting, look here now.
« on: August 15, 2015, 02:18:11 am »

No seriously, don't look here.

Unless you're Andres or Dumbo.

If you are Andres or dumbo:

You find yourself standing on a long strip of what appears to be grass and various foliage - bushes, small trees, random flowering plants, etc. Closer inspection reveals the greenery to be made of various plastics and synthetic fibers. The strip of vegetation is perched on a large concrete divider that separates two sides of a massive raised roadway. The roadway must be over 100 stories up, bridging the gap between two enormous skyscrapers. Giant Monowheels, Sphere-drives, and magnetic hovercars scream past on either side and a zepplin is passing directly overhead, squeezing its way between the two giant buildings.

You two are about 150 feet apart from each other, both facing one another and with clear line of sight.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:29:16 am by piecewise »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical girl test. Don't look here.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 02:20:16 am »

Flash step towards Dumbo and cut off his head.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 02:23:12 am »

Flash step towards Dumbo and cut off his head.
Probably gonna have to use a bit of Essence there friend. You understand how this works, right?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 02:25:40 am by piecewise »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 02:36:25 am »

Right, sorry. Forgot. This does bring up a few questions.

In the example of how to do a magic attack, 10 Essence is used and that corresponds on the table with a Moderate injury (10-13). If I wanted to put 9 Essence into a magical attack, would I only have to give myself a Minor injury?

Annihilation is given as 200 damage. Does that mean a magical girl can be annihilated more than once and still be able to regenerate?

If an MG has a magical quality that multiplies their magical damage by 1 and they annihilate themselves to use 200 Essence in their attack, will they only do 200 damage with their attack? Is that even how qualities work? It would seem odd to me if they only added to the dice range because we get 5 qualities but we have 500 Essence to work with.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 02:55:45 am »

Right, sorry. Forgot. This does bring up a few questions.

In the example of how to do a magic attack, 10 Essence is used and that corresponds on the table with a Moderate injury (10-13). If I wanted to put 9 Essence into a magical attack, would I only have to give myself a Minor injury?

Annihilation is given as 200 damage. Does that mean a magical girl can be annihilated more than once and still be able to regenerate?

If an MG has a magical quality that multiplies their magical damage by 1 and they annihilate themselves to use 200 Essence in their attack, will they only do 200 damage with their attack? Is that even how qualities work? It would seem odd to me if they only added to the dice range because we get 5 qualities but we have 500 Essence to work with.

Yes. You would basically say "Give myself a minor injury by doing X" and then I'll roll between the two numbers on the chart and thats how much you'll release.

Yes, as long as you have essence, no matter how damaged you get, you'll come back.

Magic qualities are the same as the physical ones, just for magic. They're the max number you roll. They start low because when you create a character they're a brand new magical girl and have no real experience with that stuff. Bit weird here, but whatever. Also no, you could do a lot more damage then your essence expense. I mean, you could do annihilation damage with like 30 essence expended if you just blow someone up or hack them apart.  It's not one to one, expense to damage.

Oh and you start with low magic qualities because if you had a ton of them you could do a fair bit of magic without using essence because you could just do straight rolls.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:02:42 am by piecewise »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 03:09:44 am »

Oh, so Essence isn't strictly required for magical attacks. That's cool. Reading the rules, it doesn't seem like injury is necessary to give bonuses to physical stats.

Charge Dumbo, putting 60 Essence into Speed (max roll). Aim to cut off his head, using 4 Essence to cover my blade in a thin sheen of energy to improve its cutting power (min roll) and 4 Essence into improving Strength (max roll).

EDIT:
Yes, as long as you have essence, no matter how damaged you get, you'll come back.
Shit, now I don't know if I want to play an Ichigo clone or an Alucard clone.

EDIT2: Do we get required secondary powers? For example, if I'm running at 100 MPH with Essence-boosted Speed, will my knees break due to not having enough Resilience to handle the extra force I'm applying to the ground?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:20:15 am by Andres »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 10:54:34 am »

Oh, so Essence isn't strictly required for magical attacks. That's cool. Reading the rules, it doesn't seem like injury is necessary to give bonuses to physical stats.

Charge Dumbo, putting 60 Essence into Speed (max roll). Aim to cut off his head, using 4 Essence to cover my blade in a thin sheen of energy to improve its cutting power (min roll) and 4 Essence into improving Strength (max roll).

EDIT:
Shit, now I don't know if I want to play an Ichigo clone or an Alucard clone.

EDIT2: Do we get required secondary powers? For example, if I'm running at 100 MPH with Essence-boosted Speed, will my knees break due to not having enough Resilience to handle the extra force I'm applying to the ground?
No, injury is only needed for magic.

And no, don't worry about secondary stuff. This is anime, strict adherence to reality is not our prime concern.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 02:52:33 pm »

You may want to PM Dumbo about the game. Your first might've gotten lost.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 02:57:01 pm »

Sent him another, just in case.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 04:34:06 pm »

You're not my real dad!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 05:07:46 pm »

Stop me. I dare you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 05:39:10 pm »

New Piecewise RTD?  Instant... PTW.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 06:00:38 pm »

((This is a test thread; he wants to play with his system a bit and make adjustments before making the actual thread. Hence the fight.

By the by, if Dumbo doesn't show up I'm willing to take his place and stab anyone else who wants to in the kidney.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 07:46:39 pm »

((Posting to stand around and not watch or perform any action entailing looking over here.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 07:54:02 pm »

((This is a test thread; he wants to play with his system a bit and make adjustments before making the actual thread. Hence the fight.

By the by, if Dumbo doesn't show up I'm willing to take his place and stab anyone else who wants to in the kidney.))
If he's not here by tomorrow, then you're in. Make a sheet, just in case. Just stats, qualities, weapon nature.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15