Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How would the laws be if they were "Stalinized"?  (Read 3242 times)

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How would the laws be if they were "Stalinized"?
« on: August 15, 2015, 03:20:03 pm »

What would all of the the laws be if they were "Stalinized"? Privacy Rights, Police Regulation, Drug Law, Human Rights, and so on.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How would the laws be if they were "Stalinized"?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 11:20:13 am »

Labor, Corporate, Flag Burning, Tax, and Gun Control laws are all L+. Everything else is C+.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 08:51:12 pm »

Labor, Corporate, Flag Burning, Tax, and Gun Control laws are all L+. Everything else is C+.

But how would it be described in true Liberal Crime Squad fashion? Ex. Stalinized privacy laws being described as "Totalitarianism is here and the secret police patrol the streets."

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 12:52:50 am »

Burning of the Soviet Flag is a heinous crime imaginable only to the class enemies.
Workers' militia is encouraged and unrestricted to wage class warfare on the traitors in all ways deemed necessary.
No lethal weapons are in circulation to be obtained by socially unconscious elements.
Borders are firmly shut against dangerous substances from the decadent west. (I'm unsure here - the "decadent west" seems more a thing of 70s)
Workers' rights are firmly upheld by the state against any infringement or exploitation by the alien elements.

wait, you definitely wouldn't have been able to get away with burning the flag. people got years for wrapping food into newspapers with portraits on them
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 01:03:48 am by nanomage »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 09:22:19 am »

"Flag burning" in this case refers to laws about burning the flag of the former United States. It's an action the Stalinists would proudly support, as they support all forms of protests against the capitalist order. All other forms of "free" speech would be counterrevolutionary and banned.

I didn't really even think of the idea of the Stalinists having their own flag. Maybe flags are themselves counterrevolutionary?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 12:27:13 pm »

"Flag burning" in this case refers to laws about burning the flag of the former United States. It's an action the Stalinists would proudly support, as they support all forms of protests against the capitalist order. All other forms of "free" speech would be counterrevolutionary and banned.

I didn't really even think of the idea of the Stalinists having their own flag. Maybe flags are themselves counterrevolutionary?

I would imagine a red flag with the siclkle-and-mortar.
Of course, burning this would earn the culprit a one-way trip to the nearest Canadian labor camp, if the State Executioner was on a sick leave.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 12:40:02 pm »

Here are the laws if the Stalinists win in the Terra Vitae mod (some of these may be changed later but aren't super-high priority right now):

Women are usually drafted into the armed forces to fight in place of men. (Women's rights)
Entire ethnic groups are branded "enemies of the state". (Civil rights)
Vodka is the only legal recreational drug in the People's Republic of America. (Drug laws)
All Americans must carry around an internal passport, or be shot on sight. (Immigration)
Only Stalinist Party members may run in elections, and they all run unopposed. (Election reform)
The military promotes Stalinism throughout the world by using force. (Military spending)
The Internal Affairs Commissariat constantly invents new methods of torture. (Torture)
The former nation of Canada has been annexed and filled with Stalinist gulags. (Prison regulation)
Having any money whatsoever is punishable by 20 years in a gulag. (Tax law)
Mandatory abortions are carried out for population control. (Sexual freedom)
All forms of human experimentation on "class enemies" are encouraged. (Animal rights)
Everyone lives in constant fear of the Stalinist Party's Secret Police. (Police regulation)
Citizens have to spy on each other and report to the Stalinist Party. (Privacy rights)
Class enemies receive mandatory death sentences. (Death penalty)
Nuclear power plants routinely have meltdowns but keep getting built. (Nuclear power)
State-run industries pollute so much, the workers all have cancer. (Pollution)
The state has nationalized all industries and assigns everyone jobs. (Labor law)
Homosexuals are executed regularly for their "bourgeoisie decadence". (LGBTQ rights)
All forms of private enterprise are punishable by death. (Corporate law)
Counterrevolutionary speech is a capital crime. (Free speech)
Flags of the old American regime are burnt primarily as fuel. (Flag burning)
Anyone owning a gun is executed by firing squad. (Gun control)
Unsustainable industries exhaust Earth's resources before the capitalists can. (Biodiversity)
Any kind of spirituality is a crime punishable by execution. (Religious freedom)
Everyone must abandon culture to join the Workers' Paradise. (Amerindian rights)
The state creates super-soldiers to impose Stalinist tyranny worldwide. (Superhuman rights)

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 03:37:33 pm »

i don't think mandatory abortions were a thing but they certainly add to the scare. Great list

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 08:28:00 pm »

Hahaha, the irony. Nicely done

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 11:36:58 pm »

Hahaha, the irony. Nicely done

Actually, Liberal Elitist wrote them. :-)

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 08:10:58 am »

This just made me wonder about Lenin's stances on the issues.

[Legalized abortion.](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Russia#1920-1936)
[Legalized homosexuality.](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_history_in_Russia#LGBT_rights_following_the_Revolution:_1917.E2.80.931933)
[Guns restricted to hunting rifles.](https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/1c65dc/how_common_was_gun_ownership_in_the_soviet_union/)

Probably some others, but it's kind of hard to find sources without actively going through books.
Or maybe I just suck at Google.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 09:01:36 pm »

[Legalized abortion.](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Russia#1920-1936)
[Legalized homosexuality.](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_history_in_Russia#LGBT_rights_following_the_Revolution:_1917.E2.80.931933)
[Guns restricted to hunting rifles.](https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/1c65dc/how_common_was_gun_ownership_in_the_soviet_union/)

Probably some others, but it's kind of hard to find sources without actively going through books.
Or maybe I just suck at Google.

Homosexuality was a criminal charge (one of many) levelled against Nikolay Yezhov during actual Stalinist Terror in Russia, so I imagine hypothesised version of Stalinist America should punish it with death.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Yezhov#Arrest

Hunting rifles in private posession were common post-Stalin, but Stalin himself did some effort to seize them before WWII so I'd support the Liberal Elitists' version of banning all private firearms (LCS's Stalinists should be exaggerated, after all)

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 11:54:21 am »

The Stalinist Crime Squad began as the Leninist Crime Squad

"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."