Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Argon: A team vs team Prison Break RTD (Turn 7 of 30) - Game Ended Early  (Read 11017 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Argon: A team vs team Prison Break RTD (Turn 1 of 30)
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2015, 08:21:43 am »

Oh, believe me, I understand.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Argon: A team vs team Prison Break RTD (Turn 2 of 30)
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2015, 06:48:37 pm »

Turn 2

Kusil (Tomasque)

1. Pull out my flashlight.
2. Walk forward and kick the guy on the ground in the face.
3. Step to the right while bringing my flashlight down in an arc to the top of the standing guy's head.
4. If my flashlight breaks, take one of theirs that isn't also broken and turn it on.
5a. If one of them is incapacitated and the other is not (but isn't much of a threat anymore), drag the conscious one into the rec room and lock the door and question him           about the location of the hidden prisoner, Argon.
5b. If both are incapacitated, I'll go to the Armory and gear up.
5c. If anything else is true, take the chair and hit them with it until one of the above is true, then do the corresponding action.

<Agility=5>
<Awareness=6+2 vs Enemy 3 Stealth=2+1>
<Recognition=4>
As you quickly reach for your flashlight, you hear someone breathing nearby.  Since the blond-haired man's flashlight is on, there is now just enough light for you to make out the figure of someone hiding at the beginning of the interior hallway located across from the break room.  Apparently he's been here the whole time.  Your eyes adjust to the darkness, and you can see that this hidden man is wearing night vision goggles and holding some sort of submachine gun, pointing it directly at you.  There's not enough light for you to discern anything else about the man.  Considering that he's holding a weapon that regular guards don't have access to, you're pretty sure he's not a good guy.  He seems to be waiting, so for now, he's not the most imminent threat.  The fallen man is rushing to grab his weapon.

<Enemy 1 Agility=5+1>
<Enemy 2 Agility=1-1>
<Enemy 1 Aim=1-1>
<Enemy 1 Endurance=3>
You pull out your flashlight and rush toward the fallen man wearing the eye patch.  The man is clearly panicking at this point, but he quickly manages to grab his pistol before you can reach him.  However, as the man raises his pistol toward you, it starts slipping out of his hands.  He fumbles with the weapon as he tries to get a better grip, but he accidentally pulls the trigger.  While the gun is pointed toward himself.  As the gun releases a bullet into his head, the expression on his face is one of pure shock.  He falls down dead.  The man carrying the flashlight seems to be frozen in terror.  You turn to move toward the blonde-haired man, when you suddenly hear a loud voice:

"Hey, ya gaddemn spook! Say goodbye!"

<1-3:Take cover, 4-6:Throw flashlight, [5]>
It's the man with the submachine gun.  This isn't good.  No time to think, just act.  You make the split second decision to throw your flashlight at the man as fast as you can.  You'll aim for his face.  He might be caught off guard and not get the chance to fire.

<Aim=6+2>
<Strength=4+2>
<Enemy 3 Reaction=4+1>
<Enemy 3 Dodge=1-1>
<Enemy 3 Endurance=1>
<Enemy 3 Aim=6+1-1>
<Enemy 2 Injuries=3>
<Enemy 2 Endurance=1>
<Reaction=3+2>

You throw your flashlight with incredible speed and accuracy.  A second after the flashlight leaves your grip, you hear the submachine gun start firing.  No time to wait for the flashlight to hit.  You've got to evade the incoming bullets!

<Dodge=3+2-2>
<Hit (3D6-1D6) -> Hit (10-6) times>
<Injuries=[1,6,4,1]>

You make your best effort to dodge, but the bullets are coming too fast to evade all of them.  Fortunately, the gunfire is cut short as you see your flashlight impact the shooter.  Unfortunately, you feel several parts of your body be pierced by the high speed projectiles.

<Endurance (4D6)/4 -> (5+1,3+1,5+1,6+1)/4 = 6>
So much pain, and so much blood.  There is blood rushing out of the holes in your chest, left arm, and throat.  You can no longer breathe or talk.  Yet, somehow you remain standing, enduring the pain and staying conscious like some sort of superhuman.  However, you won't live long.

<Awareness=5+2-2>
Despite your rapidly failing senses, you manage to look around.  You notice that the man that was holding the flashlight is wounded, and has collapsed into unconsciousness.  Apparently, he was hit by a stray bullet.  The gunner is also lying on the floor.  There are shards and broken pieces near his body.  It looks like his night vision goggles were destroyed by the flashlight you threw.  You can't see exactly what injuries he suffered, but he doesn't seem to be moving.
As your senses grow weaker, you hear several people start screaming, south of your position.  It sounds like they are near the entrance.  There is also someone yelling something, but that person seems to be north of your position, near the armory.  You glance at your communicator, noticing that it has received 3 messages.

<You will be dead by the end of next turn>

Attributes:
[Terrifying]  Your displays of physical prowess frighten your enemies.  If your total roll for any combative action is 6 or higher, all nearby enemies receive a -1 penalty to any combative actions directed at you during the next turn.
Status: Fatal wound to throat (Severe bleeding; trouble breathing; Unable to speak; Dead by the end of next turn), Fatal wound to chest (Severe bleeding), Major wound to left arm (Unusable; Severe bleeding), Dying (-2 penalty to all rolls)
Inventory: Guard Uniform, Communicator(Silent, 3 messages)

Harold (FallacyofUrist)

"Hallo thar! Might I be excused for trying to go past ye?"

Harold moves past the guard in his way and checks the cell block door to see if it's still shut.
As you approach the corner, you begin hearing quite a commotion up ahead.
"This is Aria, do not be alarmed!"
"Relax Aria.  It's me, Tim.  This is Dina, remember?"
"Aria!  What was that about!?  Are you trying to give me a heart attack!?"
You turn the corner and see three people with their flashlights on, standing outside the cell block door.  One man, and two women, all dressed as guards.  One of the women is holding a stun baton.

<Recognition=3-1,3-1,3-1>
Nope.  Don't remember if you know these people.  You heard them say their names, but you can't match up the names with the faces. 
Even though your flashlight is on, they are too distracted with each other to notice you trying to pass by, so you say:

<Observation=4+1>
The three of them turn to look at you.  One of the women immediately looks down and covers her face with her hands.  You hear her whisper to herself, in a pessimistic tone, "Oh no, not him...."
The man sighs, and says "Oh, hi...Harold."  You can tell he's barely managing to hide his contempt for you.
You move around the three, and look at the steel door.  It's currently closed, tightly shut and bolted down.  It resembles the door to a bank safe, though lacking any sort of features that could be used to open it.  It's more like a retracting steel wall than a door.  The mechanisms that keep this door tightly shut can only be disabled electronically from the control room, where all the surveillance monitors are.  Without power, opening these doors isn't possible without some tools and a lot of time to spare.
You look back toward the three guards, and notice someone with a flashlight approaching from the east.  Suddenly, the taller of the two women starts blurting out random nonsense.  You and the other two guards really can't make out what she's talking about and just stare at her.  She quickly takes out her communicator and starts yelling her conspiracy theories into it.  Wow, so this is what it's like to be the person embarrassed by your coworker, instead of the other way around.  That's a new feeling.
As the woman finishes talking, you notice that the fourth person has arrived.  He's wearing a guard uniform and has his flashlight on.  He's smiling and has a visible gold tooth.

<Recognition=3-1>
Still nothing.  Wow, you are not good with faces.  Two of the other three guards also clearly have no idea, though the tall girl is eying the new person suspiciously.

Attributes:
[Excellent Aim] +1 dynamic bonus to firing a Ranged Weapon.  Gain a +1 to your roll if your total roll is 4 or less, +0 if 5, and -1 if 6 or more.
[Loathed] All allies hate you for being such an obnoxious actor wannabe.  Any action toward allies requiring their trust or cooperation suffers a -1 penalty.  Some allies might even be eager to betray you.  Don't expect them to help much.
Inventory: Guard Uniform, Communicator(Silent, 3 messages), Flashlight(Held, On), Dazzler (100 uses), Paintball Gun (12 pepperspray pellets), Taser (11 uses), Tranquilizer Gun (4 darts), Pistol (6 Rubber Bullets)

Gilbert (Ruludos)

Gilbert reaches into one of his uniform's pockets and pulls out a flashlight, using it to light the way.

"Hey, you guys!" he calls out to the other group of people. ""You have any idea what's going on?"

Continue towards the entrance.
<Agility=3>
<Ally Agility=4,3,3,3+1>
You yell to the group of people east of you.  Several of them direct their flashlights in your direction and the group starts slowly approaching.  Your group continues forward, meeting the other group halfway to the center of the cell blocks.  As you meet them, you notice your communicator emit several quiet rapid beeps.

<Awareness=5>
There are four people in this group, all dressed as guards.  Three men and one woman.  One of the men is holding a Taser defensively, looking over your group carefully.  He possesses grayish black hair and appears to be about 50 years old.  One of the other men has brown hair and is wearing glasses.  The third man is somewhat shorter than the others and has a shaved head.  He appears to be holding a can of pepper spray.  The woman has a short brown ponytail, is wearing a blue headband, and is holding a rubber baton.  All of them look tense and nervous.

<Recognition=1>
<Ally Recognition=6,1,6,1>
Oh, hey!  It's Bill, Will, Phil, and Jill!  You remember them from high school.  They used to perform at the school talent show as a barbershop quartet.  They even did a little tap dance at the end.  It was amazing.  So good to see them again.  Wow, it looks like Phil lost quite a bit of weight too.  Good for him.  Not sure how Bill aged so quickly though.  He must be stressed.

The older guard lets out a sigh of relief and places his taser back onto his person.  He looks back at his companions, and says:
"It's alright everyone.  It's just Gilbert, Tony, Mike, Henson, and Joe.  All employed here.  Not a threat."
The people with him start relaxing and let down their guard.  Several of them lower their weapons.  The short guard withdraws his communicator, and starts whispering into it.  The man wearing glasses looks toward you, and starts speaking:
"Sorry Gilbert, we don't know what's going on right now.  Waiting for a word from the Warden."
"Where is the Warden, anyway?  Do you know, Tim?", asks Tony.
"It's Tom, and no, none of us know where he is."
You walk a few more steps to the east, and notice something odd in the distance. The very end of this hallway seems to be dimly lit.  You can't see the source of light, but the light appears to be a lime green color.

Attributes:
[Self Doubt]Your mistakes and failures continue to haunt your mind and cloud your judgment.  If you roll a 1 or less on any action and experience catastrophic results, then during the next turn all actions you take will receive a -1 penalty.
Inventory: Guard Uniform, Communicator(Silent, 3 messages), Flashlight(Held, On), Paintball Gun (9 pepperspray pellets), Riot Shield, Rubber Baton

Aria (The Moonlit Shadow)

"Huh? Who are you again?"
Shine the flashlight into the woman's face, temporarily blinding her.
If she looks suspicious subdue her by ducking behind her and holding the stun baton in front of her face. Stun her if she resists.
If she's familiar and not a threat, tell her that I think that some people might be trying to bust out a prisoner, and attempt to enlist her help. Inform the other guards of whatever happens.
Then continue with previous action, while asking her for a suggestion.(if she's helping me).

Also inform Harold that I'm at the bottom most cell block.
So there isn't a moment of surprise when he sees me.
<Agiliy=4+2>
You speak before turning around.
"Huh? Who are you again?"
Before the woman can respond, you quickly turn around and start shining the flashlight into her face.

<Awareness=6-1>
<Woman Reaction=1>
<Man Reaction=4>
The woman stumbles backward, yelling in surprise.  She nearly falls backwards onto the ground, but the man standing beside her is able to catch her before she does.  You are now able to get a good look at these people.  Both are wearing guard uniforms.  The woman has short hair that has been dyed blue, has a silver nose ring, and is wearing black lipstick.  The man is stocky and quite muscled.  He has brown curly hair and a thin scar on the side of his face.

<Recognition=2+1,1>
You still don't quite remember the woman, though she seems familiar.  For a moment, you think the man is an anime character, but then you realize that's ridiculous.
As the two recover from your surprise flashlight maneuver, you hear someone approaching from the north.  You also notice another man east of you with his flashlight on, casually coming toward you, though he's still several steps away. 

<Speech=2>
Since you don't want anyone to be surprised when they run into you, you yell:
"This is Aria, do not be alarmed!"
The man and woman both speak up:
"Relax Aria.  It's me, Tim.  This is Dina, remember?"
"Aria!  What was that about!?  Are you trying to give me a heart attack!?"
Wow, Dina looks mad.  Hopefully, she'll be able to-

<Recognition=3+2>
<Restraint=4>
That goofy way of speaking....could it be?  You look to your left and see another guard.  Yep, it's Harold.  Dina and Tim are just as happy to see him as you are.  He impolitely walks by you to look at the cell block door, but you resist the urge to immediately stun him with your baton.  That would be foolish.  After all, he could be a decent meat shield when the bullets start flying.

Oh, right!  You haven't told your buddies (and Harold) that you believe a prison break is occurring.  This power outage has already lasted too long to be a mere accident.  Now you just have to calmly explain your suspicions.

<Speech=1>
"OMGGUYSWEAREUNDERATTACKBADPEOPLEWANTARGONOUTWEHAVETOSTOPTHEM!!!"
Shockingly, the other guards are not convinced by your sudden fast-paced yelling.  They appear confused, but you can't afford to waste any time repeating yourself.  Every guard in the prison needs to know what's happening!  You quickly grab your communicator, hold the transmit button and start talking.

<Speech=2>
"Uh, hello?  Is this thing on?  Um, we are all in danger!  Argon has escaped!  No wait, I mean, someone is trying to help Argon escape!  Tell the Warden!"

After you finish speaking, you notice another person walking up to your group.  He's dressed like a guard and holding a flashlight.  He has a creepy smile, which looks even worse because of his gold tooth.

<Recognition=5>
You are certain that you have never met this guy once in your entire life.

Attributes:
[Bored] Wow, you wish your job was more exciting.  You can barely stay focused.  Your Awareness receives a -1 penalty, but after you first enter combat, this penalty is permanently removed.
Inventory: Guard Uniform, Communicator(Silent, 3 messages), Flashlight(Held, On), Dazzler (100 uses), Stun Baton (Held, 11 charges), Swiss Army Knife

Map

K = Kusil
H = Harold
G = Gilbert
A = Aria
There is no ceiling above the hallways separating each room, so there is some slight illumination coming from the moon and stars.  Most of the room interiors are completely pitch black.  Each of your characters know the layout of the prison pretty well.  That knowledge might be helpful for identifying where Argon is hidden.

Spoiler: Criminal Turns (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 07:12:27 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2015, 07:02:52 pm »

"Nace tooth ye got thar! Real shiny, it is! Anymaybehow, this door is ratha secure. I'm going to check da others. Be on da lookout, yes?"

Harold steps past the man with the gold tooth, stepping on his toes in the process, promptly heading over to one of the other cell blocks.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2015, 07:36:18 pm »

"Hey, guys, I'm getting a creepy feeling about this."

Gilbert points to the sickly-green lighting.

"We might want to go see what's happening. These prisoner's aren't going anywhere right now."

((Thanks for all the hard work! Don't worry about the update speed so much, we're not going to lynch you over such a silly thing.))

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2015, 10:59:06 pm »

1. Write a message in blood on the ground: Pertct Armry! Argn in Lbry?
2. Take nearby flashlight and point it so it illuminates my message.

EDIT: So did I just kill one and incapacitate two actual players?
   Also, reserving a spot for a new guard character sheet.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 11:02:39 pm by Tomasque »
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2015, 11:55:06 pm »

Maybe, maybe not.  I try to describe some of the NPCs so that they might seem like players.  You'll only know the actual goon players when the game ends.

Also, reservation accepted.  Now that I think about it, I'm still waiting for Spiderking50 to submit a character.  Hm, if he doesn't post a character sheet before the next turn, then his reservation will expire.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 11:57:27 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2015, 05:27:31 pm »

Was gonna tell Tomasque to use the communicator, when I realized he can't speak. Can you put a luck roll to see if any friendly guards find him?

Well, there are indeed friendly guards near his position who heard the gunfire.  However, I would roll for each of these NPCs to determine if any of them rush to Kusil's position and find him, then roll to determine if any of these people have first aid equipment, then roll to determine if those people react fast enough to try to help Kusil, and then finally roll to determine if their application of first aid was successful.  And that's all assuming that Kusil's endurance roll is high enough for him to stay alive until the very end of the turn.  So...his odds aren't looking good.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2015, 05:32:10 pm »

And also the two still living goons that are beaten up but not dead.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2015, 07:56:34 pm »

Name: Pastor Tom
Appearance: Wears the robes of a priest over his officer's uniform. From the unhardened look on his face, he could be mistaken for a new guard, but he's been here a long, long time.
Bio: He signed up as a guard to get away from his family so he wouldn't be pestered during his religious studies. After five years, he finally was promoted to a priest and a short while later was given the offer to be the 'last rites' priest for the executions. He accepted, and has worked as both a guard and a priest for the following 3 years.

Stats:
-Strength: 1
-Agility: 1
-Endurance: 3
-Mental: 5
-Awareness: 3

Items:
<Ranged Weapon>: 2  <Medical>: 1  <Protection>: 1  <Misc>: 1 
Money!

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2015, 09:28:35 pm »

Name: Pastor Tom
Appearance: Wears the robes of a priest over his officer's uniform. From the unhardened look on his face, he could be mistaken for a new guard, but he's been here a long, long time.
Bio: He signed up as a guard to get away from his family so he wouldn't be pestered during his religious studies. After five years, he finally was promoted to a priest and a short while later was given the offer to be the 'last rites' priest for the executions. He accepted, and has worked as both a guard and a priest for the following 3 years.

Stats:
-Strength: 1
-Agility: 1
-Endurance: 3
-Mental: 5
-Awareness: 3

Items:
<Ranged Weapon>: 2  <Medical>: 1  <Protection>: 1  <Misc>: 1

Accepted, and added to the wait list.  If Kusil dies on turn 3, then Tom will join on turn 3 to replace him.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2015, 09:14:00 pm »

Ok, I rushed to get this update out before I lost access to my computer for 24 hours, so expect typos.

Turn 3

Kusil (Tomasque)

1. Write a message in blood on the ground: Pertct Armry! Argn in Lbry?
2. Take nearby flashlight and point it so it illuminates my message.

<Endurance=3+1-2>
Despite your best efforts, you just can't coordinate well enough to write anything.  You feel dizzy.  There's too much pain.  Your senses are shutting down.  Everything becomes silent as you close your eyes and fall to the ground.  Your final thoughts fade from your mind.  Why did it have to end like this?  You were skilled.  You were talented.  You were so powerful...

...but you were still human.

<YOU ARE DEAD>

Attributes:
[Terrifying]  Your displays of physical prowess frighten your enemies.  If your total roll for any combative action is 6 or higher, all nearby enemies receive a -1 penalty to any combative actions directed at you during the next turn.
Inventory: Bloody Guard Uniform, Bloody Communicator(Silent, 4 messages)

Harold (FallacyofUrist)

"Nace tooth ye got thar! Real shiny, it is! Anymaybehow, this door is ratha secure. I'm going to check da others. Be on da lookout, yes?"

Harold steps past the man with the gold tooth, stepping on his toes in the process, promptly heading over to one of the other cell blocks.
<Agility=4-1>
<Awareness=2+1>
As the new guy is about to speak, you interrupt him and say:

The new guy's expression changes to one of confusion.  He doesn't seem to understand your "accent".  Probably not the sharpest tool in the shed.  As the guy opens his mouth to speak once again, you quickly walk past the man, stepping on his toes as you go by.  He yelps a bit, and looks at you with an annoyed expression on his face.  Yep, that should teach him the importance of proper dental care.

You continue east toward the library, ignoring the meaningless drivel being spoken behind you.  As you walk into the library, you see several guards standing around with their flashlights on.  They seem to just be waiting.  There's bookshelves lined up against the walls, and several tables and chairs placed throughout the area.  The library is actually looking a little cluttered, with books and garbage thrown haphazardly onto the floor at several places.  There's also dust on top of the bookshelves too.  Well, it seems some people are just too lazy to clean up after themselves.

As you're critiquing the library's cleanliness, one of the guards approaches you.  He's wearing a priest's robe over his uniform.
<Recognition=2-1+2>
The robe makes him stand out.  You've definitely seen him around the prison before, though you're not sure if you've ever officially met.

Attributes:
[Excellent Aim] +1 dynamic bonus to firing a Ranged Weapon.  Gain a +1 to your roll if your total roll is 4 or less, +0 if 5, and -1 if 6 or more.
[Loathed] All allies hate you for being such an obnoxious actor wannabe.  Any action toward allies requiring their trust or cooperation suffers a -1 penalty.  Some allies might even be eager to betray you.  Don't expect them to help much.
Inventory: Guard Uniform, Communicator(Silent, 4 messages), Flashlight, Dazzler (100 uses), Paintball Gun (12 pepperspray pellets), Taser (11 uses), Tranquilizer Gun (4 darts), Pistol (6 Rubber Bullets)

Gilbert (Ruludos)

"Hey, guys, I'm getting a creepy feeling about this."

Gilbert points to the sickly-green lighting.

"We might want to go see what's happening. These prisoner's aren't going anywhere right now."

((Thanks for all the hard work! Don't worry about the update speed so much, we're not going to lynch you over such a silly thing.))
(Thanks :) )
<Charisma=2>
The other guards look toward where you're pointing, but seem confused.  You look back to the east and squint, but notice that the dim green lighting is gone.  The older guard stares at you and starts speaking up:
"What are you pointing at, Gilbert?  It's just a dark walkway.  Lad, you're probably just seeing things.  The night can disrupt-"  The female guard suddenly interrupts.
"Hey boys, has anyone else been checking the communicator?  Some girl said that Argon is trying to escape.  Think it's legit?"
"Bah, young people and their unbridled imaginations.  Of course it's not true.  This isn't the first time that the power's gone out.  I remember back in 97', this place was powerless for over twenty minutes.  It wasn't some secret scheme, just the dang rats chewing on wires.  The power should come back on any minute now.  The maintenance crew installed a brand new backup generator over a year ago.  Ask Alan Gibson, he even helped with the installation.  The only people we have to fear are the freshmen guards who might just panic and start haphazardly shooting up whatever they see."
"Oh right, Alan could fix this!  Where is he anyway?  He should know how to manually activate the backup generator.  I'm sick of waiting."
"Who knows?  Just use the communicator.  That's what we have these things for."

<Awareness=2>
You remain standing near the center of the prison, surrounded by cell blocks.  You don't see or hear anything new.
Attributes:
[Self Doubt]Your mistakes and failures continue to haunt your mind and cloud your judgment.  If you roll a 1 or less on any action and experience catastrophic results, then during the next turn all actions you take will receive a -1 penalty.
Inventory: Guard Uniform, Communicator(Silent, 4 messages), Flashlight(Held, On), Paintball Gun (9 pepperspray pellets), Riot Shield, Rubber Baton

Aria (The Moonlit Shadow)

Ask the others if they recognize the man coming up to us, while picking back up my knife. Be wary for any sudden motions. Stun him if he attacks.
<Awareness=5-1>
The unknown man begins speaking, only to be interrupted by Harold before he can even get a word in.
The man tries to speak again, but instead lets out an "Ouch!" as Harold rushes past him, stepping on his toes.  Which was obviously on purpose.  Rude, confusing, careless, and pointlessly hostile.  Yep, classic Harold.

As Harold thankfully leaves your sight, you decide to ask Dina and Tim if they know this guy.
<Speech=4>
You look toward them and say, "Hey, have either of you met this man?  I sure haven't."  As you speak, you swap out your flashlight with your Swiss Army Knife.  The flashlights held by Dina and Tim provide more than enough light, so you can see fine.
In response to your question, Dina and Tim both look at each other for a moment, and then back toward you.  Tim shakes his head, while Dina shrugs.  As you tighten your grip on your weapons, the man nervously speaks up again.
"Hello.  My name is....Bowie Jameson.  I'm kinda new.  I, uh, started working here a couple weeks ago."

<Memory=3>
You try to remember.  You vaguely recall new staff arriving a while back, but you're a bit fuzzy on the details.  You're pretty sure it was only two or three people.  At least one of them was a woman.  As you stare at "Bowie" and think to yourself, you hear a new voice come from behind you.
"I can vouch for him"
You turn around and see another man standing a few steps to your west.  He's wearing a guard uniform and his flashlight is off.  He has dark brown hair, hazel-colored eyes, and stubble along his chin.  His hair is combed in such a way as to cover up his bald spot.

<Recognition=6>
You have definitely never seen this man before, though he does remind you of Dr. Stevens, your dentist.  He had a comb-over just like this guy.  It's a shame he was charged with fraud.  Hopefully you'll see him again one day.
The new man continues talking.
"My name is Archie Rowles.  Me and Bowie began working here at the same time.  We even trained together."
He's speaking in a confident tone.  He seems pretty sure of himself.

Attributes:
[Bored] Wow, you wish your job was more exciting.  You can barely stay focused.  Your Awareness receives a -1 penalty, but after you first enter combat, this penalty is permanently removed.
Inventory: Guard Uniform, Communicator(Silent, 3 messages), Flashlight, Dazzler (100 uses), Stun Baton (Held, 11 charges), Swiss Army Knife(Held)

Pastor Tom (Tomasque)

Well, it seems like you'll need to reschedule your evening plans.  You arrived at the library twenty minutes ago to just sit down and relax with a piece of fine literature, Culture and Society by Raymond Williams.  Your career keeps you busy, but you've been waiting for an opportunity to brush up on your cultural studies.  The prisoners here come from a variety of different cultures, so the knowledge could help you personally connect with the prisoners and make their last rites more meaningful.  However, as you were reading, the power went out. Other guards immediately rushed out of the library or called for the Warden, but you instead sat patiently for the lights to come back on.  You thought that you could keep reading by using your flashlight, but it's not easy to focus.  The other guards in the library are too distracting.  It reminds you of home.

It's been five minutes since the power went out.  You calmly stand up out of your seat, navigate to one of the bookshelves, and place your book back in it's rightful place.  After all, you don't want to have any trouble finding it next time.  You hear quite a racket coming from the cell block west of you and you turn your gaze in that direction.  You see a guard, who you immediately recognize as Harold, walk into the library from the western door.   The other guards are looking at Harold with hatred in their eyes.  You take a deep breath to fight back your bitter feelings toward Harold and walk toward him.  At a time like this, it's best to be cooperative.  Something odd is definitely happening, and you suspect Argon might be involved.  Time to find out.

Goals: Survive.  Identify where Argon is and prevent his escape.

[Character Creation Roll = 5]
Major Advantage: [Wisdom] Knowledge is the greatest weapon, and you know how to wield it.  All actions you take come with an additional Mental roll, and if the Mental roll is 5 or higher, then your action receives a +1 bonus.
Inventory: Guard Uniform, Communicator(Silent, 4 messages), Flashlight(Held, On), Paintball Gun (9 pepperspray pellets), Gauze Bandages, Riot Helmet, Handcuffs
Note:  Since your Mental stat gives you a +2 to mental rolls, that means that you'll get a +1 to an action 66% of the time.

Map

H = Harold
G = Gilbert
A = Aria
T = Tom
Ignore the K on the map.  I forgot to remove Kusil.

Spoiler: Criminal Turns (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 07:16:20 pm by Megggas »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Argon: A team vs team Prison Break RTD (Turn 3 of 30)
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2015, 10:06:25 pm »

Check my messages

"So, Harold...umm what happened? Are you alright?"

((Just checking: My communicator's '4 messages' refer to 4 unread messages, not that I can only send 4 messages for the entire game?))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 08:00:30 am by Tomasque »
Money!

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2015, 07:35:58 am »

"So, Harold...umm what happened? Are you alright?"

((Just checking: My communicator's '4 messages' refer to 4 unread messages, not that I can only send 4 messages for the entire game?))

(Yes.  You can play those messages if you want.  I edited the first post awhile back to give more details about how the communicators work.)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 07:38:00 am by Megggas »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2015, 08:00:49 am »

K. Edited my action.
Money!

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2015, 03:40:19 pm »

Gilbet frowns and shakes his head. Maybe the strangeness of the situation was just getting to his head.

Turn on communicator and playback all messages at the lowest volume setting.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5