Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: War of the Planets : Human thread : Research Q3 2025  (Read 13464 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War of the Planets : Human thread : Research Q3 2025
« Reply #225 on: September 19, 2015, 03:51:11 pm »

Spoiler: Secret (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 03:56:41 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 19, 2015, 05:18:02 pm »

How's this then?

Spoiler: Top Secret! (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 19, 2015, 05:45:02 pm »

Spoiler: top secret (click to show/hide)

It is almost this but with different formatting. And   I support it

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 20, 2015, 02:48:28 pm »

I'd like to propose a couple of changes: (this is my vote, by the world)
Spoiler: top secret (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: my changes (click to show/hide)

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 20, 2015, 03:46:43 pm »

Spoiler: comments on the change (click to show/hide)

I got an idea for another warplan

Did we decide on research?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:22:42 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 22, 2015, 08:51:47 pm »

Spoiler: Top Secret (click to show/hide)

On research, it was a tough call but I'm gonna go with the electronics. It's probably going to be immediately actionable and if we're lucky we'll be able to do even cooler things than we can right now with intelligent systems.

Quote from: Vote List
Compact Batteries:
Anti-Gauss Theory:
Alien Material Study:
Alien Electronics Study: Baffler
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 23, 2015, 07:24:10 am »

+1 to alien electronics study

Made a small edit to production\distribution plan two posts above because Baffler is right.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 23, 2015, 11:23:42 am »

As for research I'll vote for the electronics just to get things moving.
Quote from: vote list
Compact Batteries:
Anti-Gauss Theory:
Alien Material Study:
Alien Electronics Study: Baffler, Ukrainian Ranger, TopHat
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2015, 12:45:40 pm »

On a side note, what are you attempting to do with studying alien electronics?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 23, 2015, 01:38:37 pm »

Study communication, radars and other detection equipment, drone control(we should have enough wrecks), targeting systems and C&C structure of the enemy.

New technologies to play with are nice, but I want something that will give us immediate impact for the next turn and open the road to the ECM warfare. Proper Jamming can make their K-something drones useless in one moment.
This, I believe.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 23, 2015, 02:30:52 pm »

I meant  look to ways to exploid\avoid\disrupt their radars(or whatever they use) \targeting\detection\detection tactits not try to copy it. Not that learning something to copy is bad

Spoiler: answer to TopHat (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]