Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Taking Mod Requests  (Read 4961 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Taking Mod Requests
« on: August 17, 2015, 02:05:02 am »

Lately I've found myself enjoying the modding process more than DF itself, but I'm out of real ideas on what to do, so shoot me some requests. Unless it's playable elves, then give me feature requests because I already made that mod.

Only restriction is that it has to be doable entirely within raws.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Taking Mod Requests
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 02:48:59 am »

A race of hobbits; a small, allied civ to the dwarves. Peaceful, sell good alcohol and tobacco, use slings and short swords. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 03:31:06 am »

A cyberpunk mod, fairly large, with custom civs, weapons, creatures, etc.

I'm thinking mechsuits, various drones, changing droid castes, aliens, etc. But I'm not much use at modding.

Wait, did I just propose something gigantic? I have no idea how much time modding generally takes...
One wheel short of a wagon

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 04:39:00 am »

I'm thinking mechsuits, various drones, changing droid castes, aliens, etc. But I'm not much use at modding.

Wait, did I just propose something gigantic? I have no idea how much time modding generally takes...
Yes, you did. I thought about a Shadowrun mod, which is cyberpunk + magic, but that would take me months to do.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 10:42:52 am »

Yes, you did. I thought about a Shadowrun mod, which is cyberpunk + magic, but that would take me months to do.
Would be pretty awesome, though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 05:34:04 pm »

That would be a massive project that would probably involve a giant amount of DFhackery.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 06:34:09 pm »

Do you want to help with some of my projects?  I've got more ideas than I've got time.  Extra creature variations, sorcerers, Furry Fortress 2. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 06:48:13 pm »

Do you want to help with some of my projects?  I've got more ideas than I've got time.  Extra creature variations, sorcerers, Furry Fortress 2. 

I could do that.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 03:02:59 pm »

I'm all up for helping out with someones mod too, I dont know a whole lot about scripting, but I like making new creatures with raws. I spent a bit of time making my super color cheat sheet with different sets of skin and hair colors used in the raws so I can make the things I make, and vanilla cratures have a bit more variety than "white hair and golden eyed unicorns" and "green scaled and black eyed dragons" Now my dragons have a ranges of shades of green and red eye colors.. and stuff... I dont know where I'm going with this, I just got more time than original ideas, and I'd like to help.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 04:49:37 pm »

I'm all up for helping out with someones mod too, I dont know a whole lot about scripting, but I like making new creatures with raws. I spent a bit of time making my super color cheat sheet with different sets of skin and hair colors used in the raws so I can make the things I make, and vanilla cratures have a bit more variety than "white hair and golden eyed unicorns" and "green scaled and black eyed dragons" Now my dragons have a ranges of shades of green and red eye colors.. and stuff... I dont know where I'm going with this, I just got more time than original ideas, and I'd like to help.

I actually completely remove the flavor descriptors from playable creatures because I find them difficult to deal with.  I'd definitely appreciate someone else doing that for me. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 10:35:48 pm »

To everyone who's posted (or PMed) so far, I'm working right now.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Greatness

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2015, 12:39:26 pm »

Naruto Mod base off the anime tv shows

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 09:56:21 am »

I actually completely remove the flavor descriptors from playable creatures because I find them difficult to deal with.  I'd definitely appreciate someone else doing that for me.

Hell yeah I'm up for this. for Furry Fortress?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 10:00:55 am »

??? Flavour descriptors?
One wheel short of a wagon

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 11:15:15 am »

Hell yeah I'm up for this. for Furry Fortress?

Awesome, thanks a bunch.  You should have a PM with the details. 

??? Flavour descriptors?

The things that say "hair is umber", "lobes are long" etc. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4