Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Taking Mod Requests  (Read 4940 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Taking Mod Requests
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 11:15:45 am »

Thanks. I started getting weird ideas when someone mentioned furry fortress.
One wheel short of a wagon

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 03:17:42 pm »

EA.

No, not Eä. EA.

Basically, it makes it so that whenever your dwarves get a fey mood, your nobles crowd around and give him bad advice, then force him to make a new artifact every year.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 01:52:05 am »

Naruto Mod base off the anime tv shows

i made a DFHack script a while back that gives information on genealogy so that particularly interesting/powerful people can retroactively be considered to have certain bloodline abilities (to be exact, I was going to have the Most Interesting Ninja Who Had Lots Of Children And Was Early In History be the progenitor of the most powerful eye jutsu and then just go down the "interesting" list for other ones)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2015, 06:58:38 pm »

Mod in a robotic race that cant have children, but instead reproduce via a workshop reaction where the ingredients are a sentient creature and metal. Then make different castes from different items. Goblin + steel = steel goblin assault mech, goblin + copper = copper goblin service drone.

...actually, I think I might do this. Now that I wrote it out it sounds kinda fun.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2015, 01:20:19 pm »

Mod in a robotic race that cant have children, but instead reproduce via a workshop reaction where the ingredients are a sentient creature and metal. Then make different castes from different items. Goblin + steel = steel goblin assault mech, goblin + copper = copper goblin service drone.

...actually, I think I might do this. Now that I wrote it out it sounds kinda fun.

Would they be able to reproduce outside of a player fortress? 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 02:52:30 pm »

no

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 06:18:43 pm »

no
They also wouldn't work in the first place because you can't use living creatures as ingredients in reactions. No there is also basically no way to trick it to do so either. You could have an interaction that would use whatever material then have a syndrome that only affects the right type of creature, but then you end up with problems making sure the smoke gets far enough to the cage with the creature in it, and you need dfhack to change the creature so it's no longer trying to kill you, and there's a lot of things about it that would make it difficult and probably not worth it anyway considering that to even use this feature you need to pretty much just defend yourself with cage traps which I don't think most people enjoy.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2015, 07:49:31 pm »

You could probably use the cage as a reagent and suss out the contents with a reaction-trigger to a DFHack script, giving an appropriate announcement if the cage is empty it has an unsuitable inhabitant.

But it still won't work in worldgen.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 06:39:31 am »

You could probably use the cage as a reagent and suss out the contents with a reaction-trigger to a DFHack script, giving an appropriate announcement if the cage is empty it has an unsuitable inhabitant.

But it still won't work in worldgen.
Boltgun did something like that with corrupting inprisoned invaders to your civ, in his Succubus mod.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2015, 06:22:39 am »

Would it work with corpses instead?  Maybe something like a friendly zombie workshop. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 07:49:00 am »

Two mods spring to mind:
  The first one might be a bit difficult:

Name and flavor-text heritage mod:

Excepting "First of its kind" entities
1) Removes the second name in the series, leaving it blank. (Therefore, the name becomes just the first one which is Player changeable)
2) Removes the descriptive text, and sets the likes/dislikes to nothing
3) Removes the ability for artifacts to have a name, keeping them to just having a title (Ex: Frothyshadows "The Empty Slots of Fortune"= "The Empty Slots of Fortune")
4) Replaces the second name of living entities with the second name of its "First of its kind" ancestor, traced either through the female or the male line of ancestors based on whether their civ was first ruled by a Queen or a King - this becomes a family name (ex: Urist Smith - "Smith" is the family name). 
5) Flavor text takes the values of its parent's and grandparent's appearances and also their likes/dislikes, averages them, then is re-populated in in the description, creating heritable physical and emotional values from one generation to the next.  Emotional values to be modified by experiences with attacks, kidnappings, were-creature encounters and the like, such that those values will become more timid or more reckless/aggressive than their ancestor's averaged ones.
6) If a dorf inherits exactly the same values as both of his parents and grandparents (All four have identical body and emotional descriptions), then the emotion values are randomly valued and assigned instead.
When any new children are born, have this apply automatically to them as well.

With any luck, this might create easily traceable lineages in Legends mode, besides clearing up an unnecessarily cluttered entity list and simulate inherited genome patterns as well.  With a bit of fiddling, a Mendelsonian dominant/submissive gene structure might be able to be worked out from these values too.

2nd Mod idea:
   Food web mod:

Essentially, animal food webs are each created as independent creatures, with each individual creature in that food web as a caste of the overall creature.  This way, a predator (pack or lone) is always encountered in an area where that predator's prey also happens to be, and creatures that wander into a Fortress aren't only a stream of one species at a time, but instead a regular population of hawk/snake/rabbit/mouse, for instance, which would make the simulation seem more "real".
(Incidentally, this could prove to be very interesting for the "giant" and "animal-person" versions of the food-web castes, with mixed populations providing special challenges for adventurers.)

The mod would aim for replacing all individual animal files with the biome-specific "Food-web" ones, which would keep polar bears from wandering around in tropical jungles and flocks of canaries from hanging out in the middle of the frozen tundra.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 07:58:33 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2015, 04:55:04 pm »

that's pretty much entirely impossible
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2015, 06:14:04 pm »

both of those are something resembling possible

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2015, 07:26:45 pm »

Could you create a mod that turns bamboo into a harvestable plant, that can be refined or whatever into usable bamboo wood?

Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2015, 12:27:26 am »

Could you create a mod that turns bamboo into a harvestable plant, that can be refined or whatever into usable bamboo wood?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148743.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4