Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Taking Mod Requests  (Read 4963 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Taking Mod Requests
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 08:45:47 am »

both of those are something resembling possible
There are already some primitive genetics in the game, though I'm not sure if they've gotten a proper reverse-engineering yet.  One known fiddly bit is that colors earlier in the TL_COLOR_MODIFIER list are always dominant.  Run a world long enough, and everyone of a certain species in a certain civ will have similar coloring.  This is something certain to get additional attention in Vanilla, but of course that doesn't mean it can't be modded now.

Surnames shouldn't be THAT complicated... the mod only needs to look to the parents, not all the way back to the First Ones.  The idea of matrilinear/patrilinear depending on the monarch is interesting.  If the name can be more or less arbitrary, someone Legendary before getting married might "hyphenate" their name.  I doubt the system can handle literal hypthenation, but retaining the old surname in a third name part would be nice.

As for the food web, unfortunately creatures of the same ID tend not to attack one another.  There are some exceptions that basically involve giving a caste an insatiable bloodlust, but unless you want every predator to have the subtlety of a bulldozer it is not a general solution.

What would work is checking the map every tick to see if a new predator showed up, then occasionally spawning prey for it from a list of possibilities.  This can run in memory without complicated persistent storage if you don't mind the possibility of doubling up on prey when a map is re-loaded.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2015, 03:18:47 am »

not a mod, rather a script, and I already wrote it a while back, and it does looks at The First Ones, though it ends up doing dumb things due to the dumb way I coded the search for The First Ones

ThothTheScribe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2015, 03:37:08 pm »

If anyone is still up for it, I'd like to request a playable civ.

The creatures should be some kind of ant or spider person, but the big thing is I would like them to have a special workshop that produces transformation inducing effects. I want to be able to take the base creatures (drones) who will be your standard binary gender critters with relatively short lifespans and modest stature and transform them into sterile war forms (big hulking tank type guy, quick flying guy, etc.) and absurdly fertile egg-laying Queens and their male Consorts (who should be pets to bypass the marriage requirements and allow eggs to work).

The entity data isn't as big a concern as the creatures and transformation workshop. I can make entities and shape the civ-level stuff just fine, but the transformation syndromes and creature files are still (sadly) a bit beyond me.

Bonus points if there can be some kind of system by which they can turn wood/food into boulders of some kind of "resin" that can be used as a build_mat or for crude weapons/tools.

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2015, 05:30:48 pm »

Bring back Runesmith! Please  :D
☼MASTERWORK☼

Starsly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2015, 08:21:51 pm »

If somebody were to make those spider/ant people, I'd like to make an additional suggestion. Could they be adv playable and have a spearlike leg attack? Along with having venom and web spraying?

Omniao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2015, 01:29:31 pm »

Throwable bombs- (or some kinda throwable weapon with splash effect.)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2015, 10:14:55 pm »

I did that with the zelda mod a while back, when I added those guys from a link to the past who throw bombs

it requires DFHack

Omniao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2015, 11:24:28 pm »

I did that with the zelda mod a while back, when I added those guys from a link to the past who throw bombs

it requires DFHack
Link?

Omniao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2015, 11:26:35 pm »

Also, does anyone know a mod that gives multiple sets of arms or legs?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2015, 08:03:26 am »

it requires DFHack
Link?
Link is the main character in the Legend of Zelda series.  Or were you asking for a link to the mod itself?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Omniao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2015, 10:29:38 am »

it requires DFHack
Link?
Link is the main character in the Legend of Zelda series.  Or were you asking for a link to the mod itself?
Oops. Asking for the link to the mod!
Sorry.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2015, 10:33:31 am »

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2015, 10:41:31 am »

Chainsaws/stonecutters. They require a serrated disk, a block and a mechanism to create. They increase the speed of logging/mining.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2015, 07:14:55 pm »

not possible

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2015, 04:04:43 pm »

I think at some point you said you were working on an MDF version of your playable elves mod. Is that still in the cards?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4