Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: For the Sake of Discovery-Started-OOC [6/10]  (Read 3677 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Posting To Watch.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Posting For the Sake of Bumping)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

HOKAY, TIME TO START THIS.

FOR REALSIES THIS TIME. IC WILL BE UP SOON.

CHARACTERS I HAVE PICKED SO FAR ARE:
-
Spoiler: Elf (click to show/hide)
-
Spoiler: Sosoku (click to show/hide)
-
Spoiler: Transcendant (click to show/hide)
-
Spoiler: Murdoc (click to show/hide)
-
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
-
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)

Additional things like equipment will be filled in in the IC, and also when I'm on my pc.

But also, to answer Transcendants questions.

Hi Question for the GM.

Generally, I want my character to provide mostly engineering / task assistance to help everybody in the game and make it easier. X4 is happy with that. Some questions:

A.) X4 is an engineer. What equipment and skills would it be designed to use to fill tasks. Ship systems engineering? computer science/hacking? Construction/tool/task? Are we going to be mining for minerals, building settlements, or manufacturing? (because I imagine X4 might have program skills for that). Also I guess some light exploration through its scanners etc. How can X4 be of most engineering help?
B.) Surviving? Fearful of designing a combat AI, X4's creators didn't. Maybe his tools could be weapons, but mostly not. Self repair? Hiding? Providing combat bonuses to others? Just wondering how the bot would deal with combat.
C.) Abilities. I know modules are found, but it goes to equipment kinda. Do robots use standard equipment and tools or are they built in? I'm just trying to fit in as best can be done. :)

I imagine X4 staying operational during the crew's stasis, maintaining the ship faithfully, helping construct camps / explore and building things / scanning / being a great support character.

Sounds fun.
A) Unless you want him to be specialized in one area of engineering, I'll probably just give him some general repairing abilities and tools. But you would be able to do all those things, potentially, yes.
B) Having a character with support-only combat abilities is fine, and that's probably a welcome addition.
C) Robots can use equipment like people (if they have the proper limbs), but they are individual in the fact that they can have tools built into them. Often, this comes with a drawback though.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 03:58:51 pm by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: For the Sake of Discovery-Started-OOC [6/10]
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2016, 09:50:14 pm »

Ok, sounds reasonable I guess.

Overall. I just hope I somehow survive as support only. Don't want to be a one hit kill or this is going to be very short.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2016, 06:24:12 pm »

Bumping.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2016, 12:25:02 am »

Oooooh, thingy!

adds sheet to the pile of sheets they need to make

Also, your Discord link is dead.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 12:27:17 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2016, 12:29:26 am »

rip u in rip

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2016, 12:35:50 am »

Indeed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 2 [3]