Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Mold a Star System (A Create-A-World Game) (Needs more people)  (Read 7424 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

At first there was an area of space that was simply an everlasting void.  As this is quite boring, we miss nothing if we skip to the point where something happened to cause there to be something in existance.  I would put a link to a video just containing cinemasins "skip!", but I could not find one.

*Not to Scale

Within the universal membrane, that is unusual for being slightly transparent to where you can see other membranes, occupying this location, there is a singular system.  The innermost planet is a wasteland with one hemisphere continually locked to the system's sun for the entirety of its two-hundred six day yearly cycle.  While it has one side as a scorching desert while the other is a mass of ice; however, there is potential for life to develop along the border regions.  On the second orbit is a planet much more favorable to life, having an average temperature equal to that of the human measurement of seventeen and three tenths degrees Celsius, as well as a twenty-seven hour rotation with a two hundred seventy-nine day yearly cycle.  On the third orbit is a planet that is also quite favorable to life, having an average temperature equal to fifteen and five tenths degrees Celsius, as well as a twenty-two hour rotation and a four hundred twenty-two day yearly cycle.  Both the planets on the second and third orbits are host to a variety of biomes.  On the fourth orbit is a gas giant with variable rotation speeds across itself and a five hundred ninety day yearly cycle.  It has four moons orbiting around it, including one with the potential to hold life due to various different forces acting upon it.  On the final planetary orbit is an ice planet with a meager twelve-hour rotation, but a large seven hundred thirty-six day yearly cycle.  Beyond that is an orbital that falls both inside and outside the final planetary orbit, but never crosses the forth planetary orbit, that plays host to a fairly large amount of asteroids.

To this system, a variety of powers came, as they often do, to shape it to their desire...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:45:29 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Mold a Star System (A Create-A-World Game from Zanzetkuken)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 08:23:55 pm »

(Copying my character from another create a world game because I like him so much. Mild alterations made as well).

Name: Marrow the Silence of the Dark
Appearance: A silent and dark Titan made of metal and bone and dark flesh. The patron of dark things that slink beneath the worlds. He is humanoid, but bares the face of an elephant with many tentacle-like trunks that cover his vicious tusked maw. He has clawed hands, and wears pants made of darkness. His chest is bare. His eyes see through darkness and deception as clearly as a man sees on a clear day.

(Waiting on acceptance before acting).
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 08:27:15 pm »

((Gonna repost my character from the pantheon game))

Name: Nogis
Appearance: A large Minotaur with black and red fur. His eyes are pure red. He has a mind for slaughter and a thirst for blood.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 08:33:07 pm »

(Waiting on acceptance before acting).

(You don't need to.  You can just start posting actions right away.  I have made giving yourself an appearance and name upon entrance as an amendment to the guidelines that is optional. (Have it default to a person's username and avatar))
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 08:35:05 pm »

Name:?? ((They're referred to as 'The Nameless One'))
Appearance: A humanoid, ant-like being, who is a secretive being, which explains the no-name thing. He has plans for his race, but is not willing to divulge, even to them.

First action:

One of these powers, (one which is nameless, but still powerful), deicdes that the planet furthest from the sun is the best for his plans, and crafts a being from the ice, in the shape of itself. This race is equipped with knowledge of The Nameless One, but do not know his plans. They only know their purpose, and that is to build. They begin hacking away at the icy glaciers with their frozen mandibles, and start molding the ice into a town, with a statue of The Nameless One in the center, and a tower, at it's earliest days of construction...

((TL;DR I took the far away ice planet and made ice ant people. Then told them to build some stuff.))
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 09:03:26 pm by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 08:40:41 pm »

Marrow descended upon the second world which he named Duskwild. He stood upon the barren world for a moment and observed the untouched beauty it held. However, he would make this place wondrous in it's own right. He created tunnels within the world which spanned the entire world. He made many caverns within it as well, with four being vast and dark. He then created a home cavern for himself around the core of the world. He named this place Marrowfell.

He spread metals and gems through the depths of the world. Some glimmer even in the dark depths. He was displeased with the silence his realm and forged a great river which rushed through the four main caverns. Life would follow later, but for now he enjoyed the lifelessness of his world.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:48:21 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 08:45:47 pm »

Nogis claims the planet capable of life, and laughs. There will be much slaughter!
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 08:51:02 pm »

(Do you do summary updates of actions occasionally, or does this just go on player posts and we don't have to wait for updates?)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 08:54:11 pm »

(Do you do summary updates of actions occasionally, or does this just go on player posts and we don't have to wait for updates?)

(Player posts.

Should note that due to the limit in scope, I would rather not people claim planets.  May lead to people thinking their options are limited.)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:57:45 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 09:04:46 pm »

The Nameless Ones creatures continue building their tower, unaware of how or why. But they do not care. They only exist as a tool. One night, the tower nears completion, and it glows brightly, lighting up the whole planet.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 09:29:23 pm »

(Name: <Yet Unknown>)
(Appearance: <Yet Unknown>)

As the ice planet shifts near the belt, a small shift occurs.  A moderately large asteroid moves off its path, heading for the planet of ice.  It approaches oddly unnoticed until it enters the atmosphere.  Despite it apparantly heading towards the tower constructed by the planet's inhabitants, it seems to shift its course, instead striking the planet a short distance off.  The impact causes several tunnels to collapse and hairline fractures to develop across the tower, reducing its integrity.  They are in such a way that the only way to detect them is to see how the light behaves a distance farther off than the extent the race has explored.  Within the crater produced by the impact lies a ring of rocks around a green crystal.  Any creature that attempts to move any of the rocks or the crystal is struck back by a force.  There are no current identifiers as to its purpose.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 09:39:28 pm »

The Nameless One contemplates this interference with his plans, and subliminally sends a new goal into the minds of his race. They scuttle to their home, and begin building another structure. This time it appears to be a pyramid of some sort.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 10:15:44 pm »

(Clarification: I don't claim the world, just named it and sorta claimed the caverns I made. Have at it on the surface).

Marrow sat in the deep, brooding. The heart of the world pulsed above him in his home. He rose up to it and inspected it. There was much to be done. He created the four races of the deep. The Mushmen who lived in the Easter cavern. The skeletal men of the northern caverns. The fishlings and crab longs of the western cavern. And the anemone men of the south. These four races would live under this world. He made for them various mushrooms, some as tall as trees, fish, and even a few plants.

Mushmen came in various shapes and sizes. They live solely on the warmth of the World Heart. They live simple lives meandering about their villages. They grow vast forests of mushtrees with glowing spores.

The squidmen look like grey humans with squids for heads. They eat the mushrooms and cave fish of their cavern. They build cities in the walls of their cavern.

The skeletal men looked like humans, but skinnier and as pale as ghosts. They are hairless and lean. They construct villages out of felled mushtrees and deepwoods. They took the name Deepling.

The fishlings and crablings were squat and pale. They swim through their flooded wet cavern and live in small caves. They hunt and eat fish and grow cave kelp for food.

Marrow then rests to watch his creations grow and build. The deeplings and the squidmen discover metals and come to mine the stone around them.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2015, 10:39:37 pm »

The pyramid structure completed, the Crystions activate it. A small pedestal sprouts from the top of the pyramid, and a purple orb is atop it. The orb glows brightly, and the Crystions are made aware of their creators plans. Some of them leave, fed up with being used, but the ones who stay begin to build more advanced weapons, and begin mining deeper into the ice. They eventually find some basic minerals, but they also find a pulsing crystal, which appears to react strangely to different thoughts. They use it in one of their weapons, and begin studying more in the field of space travel.

Soon... soon.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2015, 11:08:58 pm »

Soon... soon.

(Could you scale things back by...a lot?  This is a little too damn quick.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7