Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tower Defense IC  (Read 1311 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Tower Defense IC
« on: November 25, 2015, 11:06:51 pm »

The High Mage selected from the many mages ten houses to defend their nation and receive great power.

First he chose Zegrath of house Diablos. His ability to summon demons is renowned across the land.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Next was George of house Flairgold. George is a natural gem mage with a particular knack for golem making.

Third was Osimar of House Shadestone. Osimar was know for his natural inclination towards illusion magic.

Fourth was Credence of house Darkfathom. Credence knows darkness, one must understand an enemy to fight an enemy.

The fifth mage chosen was Karis Mclean. Karis had a strong connection to the spirit world and knew well the dangers of the other side.

Next was Porkins Windus. Porkus was rumored to deeply desire the summoning of a great abyssal evil.

Then Ludius Balkensii was called. The High Mage almost missed his pledge, but he was chosen none the less.

After him was Merry Cheerhappy. Despite their odd name, they were a powerful healer.

The 9th mage chosen was Itztli. Itztli Eztli didn't know if he would be good at defending his homeland from evil, but still put forth himself for the duty.

Finally the last mage was called. Dustan of House Hache. A necromancer, a craft which is frowned upon by mages and common folk alike. When the dead march towards your doorstep, send your dead to meet them.

As the mages got up to leave, Irul of house Oleur was selected. He had begun experimenting with combining both golems and demons.

These 11 mages would forever more protect the realm from dangers of all kinds. From dragons and demons. From man and monster. From chaos and catastrophe. These noble houses now compose the Seven Tower Coalition and it is their sworn duty to protect these towers at all costs.

Turning their attention to the horizon seven towers rose into the heavens. Red, Blue, Orange, Green, Purple, White, and Black. They have real names, but people mostly refer to them by their color. The high mage gave each mage family a tower key and explained the following:
Any enemy who wishes to enter this land must enter and destroy the power source in each of the seven towers. This key allows you to enter and defend the towers with your magic and minions. Furthmore the towers are divided into floors. Each floor may only have 10 friendly units on it at one time. The first floor is unlocked and empty. You may channel the energy from the key to unlock another a floor. Doing so is risky however. Not only do you miss out on a decade of research, but I have been locking things in those towers for almost a century now. Who knows what magics and monsters I may have banished to those malevolent floors. Then again, I did stash more than a few magical artifacts there as well. Oh well, you'll figure it out in time.

Turn 1: Construction Phase

The first enemies will appear shortly, you must decide amongst yourselves who will defend which tower for the next ten years (aka this turn).

Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Tower Defense IC
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 11:20:22 pm »

Zegrath Takes the BLACK Tower For now, and Summons A pair of demonspawn to help him defend it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 11:52:42 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 11:22:56 pm »

"Dustan! Let's go defend the green tower together! Just you, me, some minions, and some self-delivering minions-to-be. It'll be pretty nice."

Head to the green tower. Give dirty looks to anyone other than Dustan who tries to follow.
Cast my ward on a minion.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:00:11 am by Nirur Torir »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 11:24:01 pm »

George nods at Zegrath's... bombastic... statement. "Indeed, with two minions to hide behind and the ability to set enemies on hellfire, you should be well equipped to hold a tower on your own, if any of us can. I, personally, shall take the Purple tower to defend as my own in these years."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Nunzillor

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 11:33:08 pm »

"We warriors of the Eztli clan shall take the red tower, and defend it resolutely from all attackers."
Take the red tower and occupy it personally.  Construct fortifications around the tower and (if permitted) create a few mundane pitfall traps around the tower.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 02:25:53 am by Nunzillor »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 12:20:27 am »

And so George heads off to defend the purple tower personally, along with the two garnet golems he can control with his current skill level. Assuming he has enough resources to construct both golems at least.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 05:05:50 am »

Karis elects to reside in the White Tower, before placing two soul snares by the entrance to Tower.

She then requests that someone with minions would join her.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 08:02:55 am »

"White is the color of many things. A portentous start, I should think."

Credence shall dwell in the White Tower for now. Produce three eldritch golems to guard against anything that gets past Karis' traps.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 10:03:02 am »

"Us demonologists must stick together, eh?"

Irul takes up residence in the black tower. He creates three demonic golems to assist in defending it.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 10:31:12 am »

Blue tower, asking for summoner assistance.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 03:57:51 pm »

Ludius occupies the Orange tower.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 11:11:22 am »

Follows Nomad to the blue tower

Once inside, begin construction of portal to the Abyssal Plane. Once i do that, comtact Old Ones. Outline Details of Bloodline Cintract (You imbue my line with power, we sacrifice Every other kid Nomad has or something like that.)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:14:52 am by LordPorkins »
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 11:37:23 am »

Agreeing with cheerhappy, he would summon a pair undead guards(7/7) using Raise corpse, assigning one to guard cheerhappy with their un-life.
((Also, when linking threads with a URL tag, put it in as url=link]text /url].))
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:53:13 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.