Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231658 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24-48h to launch) [18/137]
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2015, 11:34:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When we create dwarves, (of course someone will create dwarves.) we'll be taking from real world mythology won't we?

Dwarvers are boring. Don't see why people (*Coughyoucough*) make them every game.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2015, 11:36:32 pm »

::) You know perfectly well I only created Dwarves once.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2015, 11:37:20 pm »

::) You know perfectly well I only created Dwarves once.

...But you would have created them twice if you had the chance.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2015, 11:39:00 pm »

Dwarves do happen to be a good pick for a god of Kinship yes.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2015, 11:40:20 pm »

So, guys, what should I start ripping off first? Space Marines? Gundams? Titans? :P

But seriously, are we allowed to freely take from real world mythology and religion? I think that Mjolnir is kinda open source.

KJP just said mythology and religion stuff are fine in his previous post. Probably a good thing considering how much my character is inspired satanist stuff.

When we create dwarves, (of course someone will create dwarves.) we'll be taking from real world mythology won't we?

I hope whoever makes them choose those from dwarf fortress. Maybe I should do that? Ruling that kind of dwarves would really fit my character >:D
Speaking of which, I vote for an exception to the expy rule when basing stuff on dwarf fortress, because we are on it's forum after all.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2015, 11:45:33 pm »

Dwarvers are boring. Don't see why people (*Coughyoucough*) make them every game.
I'm gonna have to go with Stirk here. Dwarves are a really vanilla race. This is a god game, why don't you be more creative?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2015, 11:46:25 pm »

I'm gonna have to go with Stirk here. Dwarves are a really vanilla race. This is a god game, why don't you be more creative?

....*Karate chops Andres the "Human maker"*

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2015, 11:53:08 pm »

1.0 Allow hindering of actions to make them more expensive at a price.  Needs more info.  How does this work, and more importantly how broad would minimum possible application be?
1.1 Keep total Essence/other stat counts lowEh.
3.0. Damp conflicts to allow cold wars and reduce character death while preserving conflict itself.  Having not played YG0, or even Litany, for that long, no particular comment.
3.1. Make conflicts somehow relevant to everyone to increase participation.  If it's big enough it will be relevant to everybody eventually.  Downvote.
3.2. Focus on indirect conflict through proxies and such to reduce character death while preserving conflict itself.  This requires an easy method for proxies, and that we don't just attack eachother normally.  Eh.  I don't think it'll work.
7.0. Spheres govern actions by discounts smaller than, the same as, or greater than 20% (vote with the preferred option, not with "yes")
7.1. Spheres govern actions by bonuses and discounts
7.2. Spheres govern actions through RPing bonuses

7.3. Spheres govern actions by both discounts and penalties
9.0. Expand the equipment system.  What equipment system?
9.1. Emphasize strategy and indirectness (and maybe even diplomacy!) over directly attacking gods.  Make it an option in addition to direct attack, but leave the field open for punching people.
9.2. Reduce the number of possible ways to have revivals
9.3. Increase the number of possible ways to have revivals

9.4. Require visibility to kill.  No, but do leave evidence.
11.0. Describe the smallest thing that counts as unwanted interference in your creations.  Anything that costs essence, OR WOULD REWRITE THE DESCRIPTION.
27.0. Make costs transparent.  Yes.
27.1. Less puzzles.  No basis against which to judge.
27.2. More world interaction.  As an option, sure.  Not as a requirement.
27.3. Disband the Council entirely.  Mmmmmaaaaaaybe.  Do not block pantheons.
27.4. Discuss pantheon changes here
27.5. Provide some juniority compensation.  Enough to get people to an equal playing field.
27.6. Make the policy on metagaming explicit. If your god can't see the meta, yes, but if they can, allow them to meta.  Of course, a small crack in the fourth wall will probably expand rapidly so be careful with that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2015, 11:55:54 pm »

1.1 So we have 10/10 Essence instead of 20/20 Essence or we only have Essence and no Power or Crux?
9.0 What equipment system?
27.4 This doesn't seem like a yes/no question...

Am I allowed to be the god of Arstotzka? The country is based on another forum game and I'm not sure if it falls under the expy rule.

TheBiggerFish, please spoiler that.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2015, 11:59:38 pm »

1.1 So we have 10/10 Essence instead of 20/20 Essence or we only have Essence and no Power or Crux?
9.0 What equipment system?
27.4 This doesn't seem like a yes/no question...

Am I allowed to be the god of Arstotzka? The country is based on another forum game and I'm not sure if it falls under the expy rule.

TheBiggerFish, please spoiler that.
Disregarding the strangeness of that, you would actually be stealing from a game called Papers Please

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2015, 12:06:41 am »

Disregarding the strangeness of that, you would actually be stealing from a game called Papers Please
Actually, I'd be stealing from Arms Race who was stealing from Papers Please. Arms Race's Arstotzka has surprisingly little to do with the one from the game.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2015, 12:10:12 am »

Actually, I'd be stealing from Arms Race who was stealing from Papers Please. Arms Race's Arstotzka has surprisingly little to do with the one from the game.

Now can I say my expy parade thing?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2015, 12:16:32 am »

1.0 Allow hindering of actions to make them more expensive at a price (Nay!)
1.1 Keep total Essence/other stat counts low (Abstain!)
3.0. Damp conflicts to allow cold wars and reduce character death while preserving conflict itself (Abstain!)
3.1. Make conflicts somehow relevant to everyone to increase participation (Nay! The God of Comedy shouldn't be artificially forced to take sides with the forces of Plastic and Paper! Aye if you mean worshipers/temples getting hit in the crossfire!)
3.2. Focus on indirect conflict through proxies and such to reduce character death while preserving conflict itself (Abstain! These should emerge naturally regardless!)
7.0. Spheres govern actions by discounts smaller than, the same as, or greater than 20%
7.1. Spheres govern actions by bonuses and discounts
7.2. Spheres govern actions through RPing bonuses (Aye!)
7.3. Spheres govern actions by both discounts and penalties (Aye!)
9.0. Expand the equipment system (Aye!)
9.1. Emphasize strategy and indirectness (and maybe even diplomacy!) over directly attacking gods (Aye! Should occur regardless!)
9.2. Reduce the number of possible ways to have revivals (Aye!)
9.3. Increase the number of possible ways to have revivals (Nay)
9.4. Require visibility to kill (Nay!)
11.0. Describe the smallest thing that counts as unwanted interference in your creations (More info required!)
27.0. Make costs transparent  (Aye!)
27.1. Less puzzles (Nay!)
27.2. More world interaction (Aye!)
27.3. Disband the Council entirely (AYE!)
27.4. Discuss pantheon changes here (Pantheons should evolve naturally!)
27.5. Provide some juniority compensation (Aye; enough to let them do something important but not enough to challenge a well-established deity!)
27.6. Make the policy on metagaming explicit (Aye!)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2015, 12:44:02 am »

At first I didn't even plan on making some sort of devil as my character, I was just going to make an evil genius, basically an evil version of my character from litany. I took a pentagram as a symbol at the last second when I realized I forgot to choose one, and then everything went downhill from here :P

Edit: answered a forgotten question.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 01:13:10 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2015, 12:48:21 am »

Vgray: Necromancy added/claimed, contracts considered to be sufficiently similar to Necromancy's current slot (1/2 free schools used)
IcyTea31: Interdisciplinary magic should be possible, yes (likely facilitated by but not dependent on metamagic)
Partial affinity should be possible given the wide scope of some of the schools.
School creators/adopters do get some control over what is and isn't possible with the school and some minor influence over who can and can't use the school.
The two free schools can be claimed later once the game is in progress.

Rolepgeek: Akriurgy added to stack with technomancy (mirrors Geomancy/Geoturgy somehow), would you prefer to stack one of enchanting or tempomancy (mirrors wrenchmancy) instead?

FArgHalfnr: OOC2 players list updated
Pact Binding now seems to stack closer to Creepymancy/Invocation (mirroring Enchanting). Would you like to switch around?
As for it being filed under Musical before, the previous description of contacting and linking to a god matched the properties of Musical magic and the concept of Thaumaturgy more.

micelus: Whimsy/Glummer added, stacks with ??.? and mirrors Telekinesis (1/2 free schools used)

TheBiggerFish: Should I add Technomancy or Mancimancy or switch Chaomancy out for both?

Andres: Provided that you realize that expies do not necessarily resemble their originals in power, technology, or abilities, yes. Importing C'thulhu without applicable investments, for example, will likely end up creating only a vague small-scale fear spirit/thing. (Also, do try to get permission from the current creator if possible.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 241