Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 229594 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to full launch) [20/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #360 on: August 19, 2015, 04:30:19 pm »

Meow is.. Interesting. I don't quite know how to describe them.
She's an ambiguously gendered weird person with animal traits, isn't she? Maybe I should read her description... :P

That predicted relations graph that was mentioned is in progress.

Vgray, ShadowDragon, FallacyofUrist, gman8181 and Cryxis, Prince of Doom, could you submit descriptions or pictures of some simpler, more...symbolic?...symbols for your gods? Kevak and Andres doing the same would be nice, though Meow and Eid's forms are just barely simple enough to draw with the limited number of pixels I've assigned to each god.

They don't need to be your gods' religions' official symbols, just something to put in the graph.
Apparently, KJP forgot to put my symbol in the OP. I included my symbol in my application sheet.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:55:49 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 19, 2015, 04:42:37 pm »

She's an ambiguously gendered weird person with animal traits, isn't she? Maybe I should read her description...

Vgray, ShadowDragon, FallacyofUrist, gman8181 and Cryxis, Prince of Doom, could you submit descriptions or pictures of some simpler, more...symbolic?...symbols for your gods? Kevak and Andres doing the same would be nice, though Meow and Eid's forms are just barely simple enough to draw with the limited number of pixels I've assigned to each god.

They don't need to be your gods' religions' official symbols, just something to put in the graph.
Apparently, KJP forgot to put my symbol in the OP. I included my symbol in my application sheet.

My character's drawing wasn't included either, so I'd guess he's not adding images.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 19, 2015, 05:04:25 pm »

Hey KJP, what's the multiplier on a race or being that can't reproduce? For something with only half the birth rate it's x0.8. I'm just asking because I don't want all of my angels reproducing and I might as well make those ones cheaper while I'm at it.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 19, 2015, 05:12:57 pm »

Does anyone have ideas for a name for a school of magic the manipulates metal?

Feromancy?
This will work.
Does anyone have ideas for a name for a school of magic the manipulates metal?

Metal-

*put shades on*

-urgy
Good pun. Terrible name for that, but good pun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2015, 05:26:42 pm »

It's always fun to see two evil gods go at each-others' necks.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 19, 2015, 05:29:57 pm »

It's always fun to see two evil gods go at each-others' necks.

Veles is Chaotic Neutral, at worst.

Zenurion is an evil bastard though. Lets get him!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 19, 2015, 05:40:12 pm »

Here's a few pics I just grabbed off google images. Anything like this would probably be fine. If you draw it yourself, a simplified design is totally acceptable. Maybe just a spiral / coil design.

Might actually draw one myself if I manage to find the time and energy but that's a goal for later. Probably a coiled version of the third image.

Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 19, 2015, 06:09:03 pm »

She's an ambiguously gendered weird person with animal traits, isn't she? Maybe I should read her description...

My character's drawing wasn't included either, so I'd guess he's not adding images.
I'm guessing he's just copying and pasting the text. So bold text, underlines, and hyperlinks wont transfer.

Edit: I've checked, and discovered that my sheet have been added to the OP, but it's got the bold parts intact. Change of process maybe.
Anyway, my sheet isn't among the other players, so I'm unsure if I'm entered fully yet.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:15:23 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 19, 2015, 06:19:19 pm »

Here's the writeup for Feromancy.
Spoiler: Feromancy (click to show/hide)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #369 on: August 19, 2015, 06:21:24 pm »

The sphere sizes policy has been added to and clarified:
Spoiler: Spheres (click to show/hide)

Happy Demon: Yes, added

IcyTea31: More likely a reduction of base piety, so income starvation

hector13: Adding traits on post-creation: Yes. The cost will be (cost to create new version) - (cost to create old version) with no editing cost (right now)

Selective traits have been treated by estimating the maximum prevalence of the traits and then setting their populations accordingly.

Vgray: Possibly :P

tntey: Yes

Rolepgeek: The capacity is the most important thing given up, but Essence/Flux can be put into improving the initial result.

Ichor capacity can be spent to grant [Divine] creations some Ichor capacity, and the $$$PRICES section in the Big Book has been updated accordingly.

As for the quirk, everyone knows that a true singularity AI will run on Lisp. Something like (know everyone (run (singularity-AI true) Lisp))? :P

Stirk: Now that I think about it, not much. Upgrade to angels and re-check pricing against the updated multipliers?

$$$Response
FArgHalfnr/Zenurion
Demons: 5000 * .001 [Affinity+1 (Pact Binding) <1.4>] [Eats Souls <2>] [Fireproof <1.2>] [Temperature+2] [Fruitful-100 <0.1>] [Immortal <1.1>] [Size+1] [Evil] [Teleport+1 <1.2>] = Average of 2.2E
   Imps: [1000 Demons <0.44>] [Intelligence-1 <0.8>] [Affinity+1 (?) <1.4>] [Size-3 <0.77>] = Average of 0.4E for 1000
   Incubi/Succubi: [1000 Demons <0.44>] /[Fruitful-100 <0.1>] [Fruitful+2 <1.>] /[Immortal <1.1>] [Charismatic+2 <1.2>] [USB <1.2>] = 6.9E for 1000
   (Assumes ~10% prevalence) Demon Lord: [500 Demons <0.22>] [Strength+2 <1.4>] [Fear+4 <1.8>] [Teleport+1 <1.2>] [Magic resistance+4 <2>] = Average of 1.3E for 500
[Probable alignment discount <0.89>]

Diseases: Mundane common ones are free and treated as something between flora and fauna. Itś only when the diseases start doing magic things or are excessively destructive that they require payment.

Cavern layer: 0E if you participate(/pay) during creation, depends on planet design otherwise

tntey/Isgon
Aven: 5000 * .001 [Affinity (School of Thought)] [Defense+2 <1.4>] [Fruitful-2 <0.8>] [Speed+2 <1.6>] [Size0] [Focus-Discover-Magic] = Average of 9.0E
[Probable alignment discount <0.93>]

Influence subjects: Influence how?

IcyTea31/Mörkö
Fossil evidence prank: 1-2E

Happy Demon
Creatures who have not been named: 5000 * .001 [Size-3 <0.77>] [Protection+1 <1.1>] [Intelligence-2 <0.6>] [Combat-2 <0.5>] [Speed-1 <0.8>] [Fruitful+2 <1.2>] [Unworshipful <0.5>] [Lifespan-4 <0.5>] = 0.061E for 5000 on average

Lord_lemonpie
It would probably be Contagious+1 given that people would probably avoid the fingers, thus requiring some deliberate spreading
Disease: [Standard disease template <2>] [Eats Souls <4>] [Contagious+1 <1.2>] = Average of 9.6Efor 1000 starting hosts
[Probable alignment discount <0.83>]

Thannel: 5000 * .001 [Lifespan-2 <0.7>] [Eats Blood <1.3>] = Average of 4.6E for 5000
[Probable alignment discount <0.87>]

Rolepgeek:
Assumed maximum Zhǎngzǐ:Púrén ratio: 1:20 (~5%-95%)
Zhǎngzǐ: 250 * .001 [Immortal <1.1>] [Fruitful-2 <0.8>] [Pious+2 <2>] [Unique <10>] [Focus-Build-Rule] [Affinity (Exousiurgy)] [Focus-Conquer-Conversion] = 4.4E on average for 250
Púrén: 5000 * .001 [Fruitful+2 <1.2>] [Pious+1 <1.4>] [Size-1] [Focus-Build-Follow] [Affinity (Akriurgy)] [Focus-Discover-Expand] = 8.4E on average for 5000
[Probable alignment discount <0.84>]
--more to come--

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #370 on: August 19, 2015, 06:30:04 pm »

Andres: It's Fruitful-100 <x0.1> and applies only to races and animals th
at would benefit from having it anyway

$$$Response
Dutrius/Arkford: 5000 * .001 [Language (Visual)] = 5E
Subterranean tea plant: 0E

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 19, 2015, 06:33:18 pm »

Hm. I'm torn. I really want to create Nerubians, but I should probably be more original than that.

I have an idea. It is scorpions though.

Scorpions you say? It fits with my vaguely egyptian theme.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 19, 2015, 06:36:52 pm »

$$$SOMEWHAT PRICECHECK:
Wait, so can we make our creation weaker to get back some essence/can't remember if there's a new name?

Also does my villainy sphere grant me a discount on diseases, especially if they have particularly devastating properties?

Edit: Stuff
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:42:34 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 19, 2015, 06:45:28 pm »

Specificity refers to how often gods would find a sphere useful.
It's based on what's useful for a god? Despite Trade being more common to mortals than War, Trade would be Uncommon for a god while War would be Common since War is more useful to a god.

EDIT: Also, the only thing I can do with my Angels sphere is create angels. It's not like it has a wide variety of uses like Creation or Life does.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:54:23 pm by Andres »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 19, 2015, 06:56:24 pm »

I'm guessing Alignment Discount is a multiplier, right?

Also, very good to know. Thank you.

What does having Ichor Capacity grant [Divine] Creations? I'm curious now mostly because it looks like it's damn expensive to do so, with 50% efficiency rate, on a non-renewable resource.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 241