Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231576 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [23/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1755 on: September 04, 2015, 06:23:23 pm »

Is "skeleton pimp" supposed to be Talios?

*Writes down idea for new Gagsta Illicit*
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: September 04, 2015, 06:35:27 pm »

Hold on, how did my clergy's children burn to death? Humans have affinity to plasmamancy, so couldn't the children just put out the fires themselves? What about the more experienced adults that were likely near them? Considering that every Human is at least a Novice plasmamancer, couldn't they just combine their efforts and extinguish them?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: September 04, 2015, 06:41:09 pm »

Humans.

Are.

Not.

Fireproof.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: September 04, 2015, 06:42:11 pm »

Andres: 04.01 has been marked as PASSED, trimming proposalog

Editing others' creations poll added on IC
Suggestions added so far: Stirk, Kevak, and Demonic Spoon

Demonic Spoon: Added Affinity+2 <2>: Grants all members of creation advanced-level access to non-exotic schools.
With this in mind,

$$$
Price check for giving High Elves Affinity+2 in Necromancy.

Price check for giving Deep Elves Affinity+1 in Necromancy.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: September 04, 2015, 06:42:44 pm »

The two most chaotic gods are playing around outside because I don't want them messing up the council friendship braiding circle with their chaos.

Lol.

Edit:

Has anyone else noticed that my characters in these games tend to have some of the most "evil" spheres while simultaneously being some of the most cordial characters around.

Unless that person is Zenurion, yeah.
+1.

And yeah, humans are not fireproof.  Nor do they have superhuman reaction capabilities to extinguish people at the drop of a hat.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: September 04, 2015, 06:43:33 pm »

Humans.

Are.

Not.

Fireproof.

^

Andres, as I told you before, YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT MAGIC! I literally told you the "You are not fireproof" thing before. In those exact words. You would think a bunch of humans getting set on fire would actually be a pretty good clue about that....

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: September 04, 2015, 06:44:43 pm »

Nor are children going to go "Oh. I'm on fire. I'll just put it out."

They're gonna go "OHGAWDIMONFIREAAAAAAUGH!"

Also Plasmancy is control of plasma according to the description. Not fire.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: September 04, 2015, 06:45:57 pm »

Plasmamancy: The magical manipulation of all things plasma. Can be used for fire, lightning, and "energy" attacks.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: September 04, 2015, 06:46:31 pm »

Nor are children going to go "Oh. I'm on fire. I'll just put it out."

They're gonna go "OHGAWDIMONFIREAAAAAAUGH!"

Yeah. Andres seems to think that he can solve literally any problem with plasmancy, from mosquitos to being set on fire. He is really overestimating its effects.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: September 04, 2015, 06:47:22 pm »

Plasma is not = to fire.

It is not part of "all things plasma"

Same goes for lightning and energy actually. Purrhaps you should call it something else.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: September 04, 2015, 06:50:00 pm »

Humans can heat their bodies up, there's a swimmer that does so whenever he's to swim in very cold water.
But that requires either training or having a clear mind.

A random person being lit on fire is unlikely to have either.

Edit: I mean this as in: Just because they can, doesn't mean they will.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: September 04, 2015, 06:53:24 pm »

Yeah. Andres seems to think that he can solve literally any problem with plasmancy, from mosquitos to being set on fire. He is really overestimating its effects.
KJP actually confirmed that the mosquito plague was ineffective against Humans due to their plasmamancy affinity. I guess this means that mosquitoes in YG2 are scared of fire just like they are IRL.

Same goes for lightning and energy actually. Purrhaps you should call it something else.
I know energy isn't plasma. It's why I referred to it as "energy". It was supposed to refer to DBZ type stuff. As for calling it something else, I'd rather not.

Humans can heat their bodies up, there's a swimmer that does so whenever he's to swim in very cold water.
But that requires either training or having a clear mind.

A random person being lit on fire is unlikely to have either.
It actually depends on what it means to have an affinity. Does having an affinity mean they simply know how to do it or is it kind of second nature? If the latter, then plasmamancy could theoretically be ingrained into instinctual habits and Humans could thus use it even in a panic (or ESPECIALLY in a panic). I honestly have no idea.

KJP, does having an affinity in plasmamancy only grant the being knowledge in plasmamancy or does it become second nature to them, similar to running?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 06:55:53 pm by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: September 04, 2015, 06:59:07 pm »

KJP actually confirmed that the mosquito plague was ineffective against Humans due to their plasmamancy affinity. I guess this means that mosquitoes in YG2 are scared of fire just like they are IRL.

I don't remember that. Link or it didn't happen.

I know energy isn't plasma. It's why I referred to it as "energy". It was supposed to refer to DBZ type stuff. As for calling it something else, I'd rather not.

Lets just call it "Expymancy", its suitable enough.

It actually depends on what it means to have an affinity. Does having an affinity mean they simply know how to do it or is it kind of second nature? If the latter, then plasmamancy could theoretically be ingrained into instinctual habits and Humans could thus use it even in a panic (or ESPECIALLY in a panic). I honestly have no idea.

It pretty clearly only gives them "Novice Level Access". Anything else is just your normal wild and unbased assumptions  ::). Last I checked, novices aren't great at doing anything under anything that isn't perfect circumstances, let along having it second nature or ingrained.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: September 04, 2015, 07:04:51 pm »

I don't remember that. Link or it didn't happen.
Andres: As for mosquitoes, I didn't say it was a problem, just that it happened. (Seeing as "plague" can be used for disease outbreaks, pest outbreaks, and horrifyingly lethal  combinations thereof, I see why this may be ambiguous)

It pretty clearly only gives them "Novice Level Access". Anything else is just your normal wild and unbased assumptions  ::). Last I checked, novices aren't great at doing anything under anything that isn't perfect circumstances, let along having it second nature or ingrained.
I'm not assuming. I said I had no idea if it was true and I'm asking KJP about it. That's not assuming. You're saying that something is true when KJP said nothing on the subject. That's assuming.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: September 04, 2015, 07:09:59 pm »

Andres: As for mosquitoes, I didn't say it was a problem, just that it happened. (Seeing as "plague" can be used for disease outbreaks, pest outbreaks, and horrifyingly lethal  combinations thereof, I see why this may be ambiguous)

.....Are we reading the same sentence? That is not saying "BUT YOR EPIK MAGIK MADE ALL TEH BUGZ BURN AWY!", its saying that it isn't as big a problem as everyone thought it was. It is literally saying nothing about expymancy's usefulness in fighting it off.

I'm not assuming. I said I had no idea if it was true and I'm asking KJP about it. That's not assuming. You're saying that something is true when KJP said nothing on the subject. That's assuming.

Then you are making up weird interpretations for no reason? If you where not assuming, then you would know that the burning deaths happened in the way that they should. Fireproof isn't even very expensive....

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 241