Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231657 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [26/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #2310 on: September 13, 2015, 04:14:15 pm »

I also think Evil and Good traits should include tending to worship evil gods (such as Zenurion or Morthan) or good (such as Sylvan or Andrianna)

That would necessitate a Neutral trait, also, so the neutral gods aren't put at a disadvantage.

And probably Lawful/Chaotic as well, because if you are ripping off someone else's morality system you might as well go all the way  ::). Which would lead to the question: Is the Don lawful of Chaotic?

I am finally getting around to Vampire Hunter D, by the way! Watching it right now. So far the art is super-80s but the atmosphere is interesting  :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: September 13, 2015, 04:23:03 pm »

I also think Evil and Good traits should include tending to worship evil gods (such as Zenurion or Morthan) or good (such as Sylvan or Andrianna)

That would necessitate a Neutral trait, also, so the neutral gods aren't put at a disadvantage.
Aren't all creatures neutral by default?
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: September 13, 2015, 04:23:52 pm »

Aren't all creatures neutral by default?
Most likly
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: September 13, 2015, 04:24:52 pm »

And probably Lawful/Chaotic as well, because if you are ripping off someone else's morality system you might as well go all the way  ::). Which would lead to the question: Is the Don lawful of Chaotic?

I am finally getting around to Vampire Hunter D, by the way! Watching it right now. So far the art is super-80s but the atmosphere is interesting  :P.
Actually, I'd consider him Chaotic, as he's pretty much tearing down the entire law system. By making the law impossible to uphold.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: September 13, 2015, 04:27:15 pm »

Wait, I'm good? I thought I'd be neutral at best, what with ruthlessly murdering lumberjacks and all.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: September 13, 2015, 04:28:12 pm »

Wait, I'm good? I thought I'd be neutral at best, what with ruthlessly murdering lumberjacks and all.
I wonder where Si would stand then.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: September 13, 2015, 04:31:54 pm »

I wonder where Si would stand then.
My impression is that your on the "good but kind of awkward" side of things.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: September 13, 2015, 04:33:48 pm »

Would anyone be up for a ye gods style image game?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: September 13, 2015, 04:35:35 pm »

Nah, Good/Neutral/Evil would cover all bases :P Chaotic and Lawful I think are modifiers on how exactly they fulfill their particular leaning. I was just iffy on it because I think a lot of the gods fall into the neutral category, so it would be unfair if the Good/Evil gods get bonuses to worship with a free trait.

Well hopefully you enjoy it, I thought it was a pretty good movie. Not seen it for a while though :(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: September 13, 2015, 04:40:12 pm »

Would anyone be up for a ye gods style image game?

Image game?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: September 13, 2015, 04:44:53 pm »

Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: September 13, 2015, 04:45:41 pm »

Trying to do that alignment thing might be hard with some of the gods who claim to be of one alignment but act like another, but otherwise that sounds like a fun thing. I'll probably do something like that at some point. Maybe we could make it as another trait? [morally aligned] maybe? That would cover both traits, only needing a specification when using it to determine the alignment.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: September 13, 2015, 04:47:20 pm »

Personally I'd prefer not to have alignment traits like that, unless it's for a specific god, but not for worship.

I think Good and Evil traits should govern behaviour and morality, rather than who to worship.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: September 13, 2015, 04:47:47 pm »

Personally I'd prefer not to have alignment traits like that, unless it's for a specific god, but not for worship.

I think Good and Evil traits should govern behaviour and morality, rather than who to worship.
+1

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: September 13, 2015, 04:51:54 pm »

Yeah, hence why I proposed to make it a separate trait than [Good]/[Evil]. Having a species favoring a specific alignment for worship is something I'd still want to see.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 241