Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 232596 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #3405 on: September 29, 2015, 06:55:27 pm »

I agree with Rolepgeek.
Alignment should definitely be relative.
Undeath isn't, or SHOULDN'T be auto-evil.  Granted, most necros are crazy and thus the end result is mostly evil zombies, but a good necro is worth the weight of their undead minions in gold.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: September 29, 2015, 07:22:32 pm »

Speaking of undeath, Talios' version of necromancy is supposed to be directly tied to Oaths. Having a living person swear an oath to you is a requirement. I'm not sure how clear I made that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: September 29, 2015, 07:23:55 pm »

Also be aware that alignment can change in D&D. It bears an XP penalty, but it's doable if roleplayed right.
For example, in A New Hope, aka. Episode 4 of Star Wars (which is the 1st movie, somehow), I see Han Solo as Chaotic Neutral, throughout the movie.
He may seem like he's only out for himself, but by the end, he comes in and helps his friends.
I don't think he changed alignment, I think he was Neutral all along, he just didn't quite think of them as friends before then.
Of course, there could've been an alignment change, I don't know how the character works (I haven't seen Empire Strikes Back or Revenge of the Jedi), it's just how I interpret him.
A Good person can be the worst enemy, and the Evil person can be the best friend.

Return of the Jedi. Revenge of the Sith was another movie...

However, I do agree, Han is Chaotic Neutral for probably the entirety of the first and second movie, and gets into a more Chaotic Good role in RotJ.

I've not seen Empire for a while though, but I'm sure at the start of the movie he's getting ready to leave the Rebels to deal with his own stuff.

I'm with RPG with the relative thing, and good RP'ing for non-alignment actions. For example, a Good character being Evil toward members of a particular race because they were enslaved and tortured by that race at some point.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: September 29, 2015, 08:26:18 pm »

Or just cuz' they're racist.

What? Being racist doesn't make you intrinsically evil. Racism covers a wide variety of things, and if you don't think it's wrong, and are generally 'good' in most other aspects, it doesn't mean you're an evil person. Not a good one, maybe, but not an evil one.

Personality is somewhat meaningless anyway (in a manner of thinking); it's just tendencies of actions, which rely on your environment as much as anything else. You might be Good, honestly so, in one environment, Evil in another, and Neutral some other place.

That's before getting into Lawful versus Chaotic.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: September 29, 2015, 08:58:48 pm »

I was going to say that but thought people might get butthurt over it :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: September 30, 2015, 12:27:12 am »

Speaking of undeath, Talios' version of necromancy is supposed to be directly tied to Oaths. Having a living person swear an oath to you is a requirement. I'm not sure how clear I made that.
Not clear at all? And honestly, I'm not sure if I'd like necromancy to function like that.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:29:19 am by Demonic Spoon »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: September 30, 2015, 12:51:31 am »

Well...it makes the Oaths part of it kind of pointless if necromancers can just raise your corpse anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: September 30, 2015, 12:53:52 am »

Well...it makes the Oaths part of it kind of pointless if necromancers can just raise your corpse anyway.
I was thinking contracts effect souls only. So you'd need it to raise ghosts, create intelligent undead etc.

EDIT: Where can I get some information on the soul jars I saw mentioned that were apparently used in YG1?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:56:02 am by Demonic Spoon »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: September 30, 2015, 01:03:19 am »

I was thinking contracts effect souls only. So you'd need it to raise ghosts, create intelligent undead etc.

EDIT: Where can I get some information on the soul jars I saw mentioned that were apparently used in YG1?
And I was thinking that necromancy required souls.

I never did make that undead template did I...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: September 30, 2015, 01:06:59 am »

*shrugs* Don't be surprised if people don't know how you necromancy works if you never explain it.  ;)

Would creating something like a lich's phylactery be possible with your version of necromancy?

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: September 30, 2015, 01:15:15 am »

*shrugs* Don't be surprised if people don't know how you necromancy works if you never explain it.  ;)

Would creating something like a lich's phylactery be possible with your version of necromancy?
Yes.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: September 30, 2015, 02:15:59 am »

What? Being racist doesn't make you intrinsically evil. Racism covers a wide variety of things, and if you don't think it's wrong, and are generally 'good' in most other aspects, it doesn't mean you're an evil person. Not a good one, maybe, but not an evil one.

Personality is somewhat meaningless anyway (in a manner of thinking); it's just tendencies of actions, which rely on your environment as much as anything else. You might be Good, honestly so, in one environment, Evil in another, and Neutral some other place.

That's before getting into Lawful versus Chaotic.
Eh, I feel that racism is an "us vs them" thing, which goes hand in hand with Neutral.
Where you care about the group you're part of, be it friends, family, or even the tribe.
Many would help a friend or a family member, not as many would help a stranger.

But conditions of acting differently in certain situations, that I would term a condition, not a change in alignment.
Alignment is supposed to be the character in general, but everyone has certain conditions, where some situations make them behave differently.

While Lawful vs Chaotic is an even harder topic (does it mean obedience to laws or code of honor, what if someone follows one exclusively), it's not as much fought over.
Mostly it's about Good vs Evil.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: September 30, 2015, 03:44:08 am »

Time travel confuses me. Could I take actions something like the following?

"Spend one essence on creating the SUPERDUPERTHING each tick until tick 100(getting the creating something over multiple ticks discount?), then send it back in time, so I get it immediately?"
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:48:25 am by Demonic Spoon »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: September 30, 2015, 10:37:20 am »

"Spend one essence on creating the SUPERDUPERTHING each tick until tick 100(getting the creating something over multiple ticks discount?), then send it back in time, so I get it immediately?"

You can't send stuff back in time. Otherwise, I'd create an essence generator, send it back to turn 1, drain the essence from it now. Rinse and repeat.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: September 30, 2015, 11:00:22 am »

You can't send stuff back in time. Otherwise, I'd create an essence generator, send it back to turn 1, drain the essence from it now. Rinse and repeat.
As I understand it, you can't retroactively send stuff back in time, but you can pre-emptively do it. But that may just be my confusion.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 241