Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Individual Accounts - Parallel Tales of Post-Devastation  (Read 635 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Individual Accounts - Parallel Tales of Post-Devastation
« on: August 20, 2015, 03:04:45 am »

Spoiler: What is it? (click to show/hide)
Humanity couldn't defend itself on time. Although a medium-sized asteroid was shattered on time just enough for each fragment to become less deadly, in terms of world-apocalypse levels of death, the deconstructed mass of debris became too much to handle for humanity's NEAR (Near-Earth Asteroid Retaliation) devices. The result was that the entire world was shaken as bits and pieces of it landed on populous areas around the world, shattering all semblance of idyllic lifestyle.

However, this was never the end of Humanity, albeit millions if not an estimated billion or another few billion lives were lost. Humanity still pushed onwards, restoring whatever wreckage it could find with tools of the past, and emerging to recover once more.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Accounts - Parallel Tales of Post-Devastation
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 03:13:53 am »

Day 93, 21XX

I know I don't have to remind myself, but for those reading this document, I'll do it anyway. Perhaps this journal becomes torn apart or something. Thank goodness for intact papers. I've started counting the days since the world's devastation, and have been trying hard to find someone - anyone - out there. I can't just give up. If I lived, that means someone might still be alive, even though I'd have to walk through all of this debris they'd call Las Vegas just to find someone out there.

The sun is scorching hot. I wish the air was better, but since the Great Rain of Fire, it's always been this scorching. And windless. Sweat's dripping off my back as I write. Maybe when I get to find water, I'll splurge myself. Scrounged a vehicle earlier, found functional electronics. Cracked. Functions anyway, as stated. Could serve as flashlight; it's almost low battery. Save it I guess. Wire's dead.

Wish I could find someone out there. 93 days and counting, and no soul in sight. Only corpses. Scorched. Let's keep walking. Finding food to eat. Thank goodness for intact mall; albeit it already smells of dead carcass.

If anyone reads this, you should know that I don't plan to part with this journal until I die of a natural death or kill myself in a year since I've started counting. Got 9 months more to go, and almost to the point of despair...
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.