Continue?
- 1 (50%)
Drop?
- 0 (0%)
Reset?
- 1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Ant Colony Version 2 (10/10) 1 replacement wanted  (Read 20486 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Ant Colony Version 2 (10/10) 1 replacement wanted
« on: August 18, 2015, 02:45:28 pm »

Ant Colony

Its back everybody!

In this game you control an ant Colony and you must secure the prosperity and safety of your colony however the meadow is a dangerous place when your the size of an ant, and other ant colonies can try to bump you off as well.  Do you have what it takes to secure the dominance of your ants?

The Game takes place in turns, each turn is a month, 3 turns is a season and twelve turns is a year.  Each season changes the amount of food gathered during that season.
  • Spring: Ants gather 50% more food
  • Summer: Ants gather 75% more food
  • Autumn: Ants gather normal food
  • Winter: Ants gather no food

On your turn you order your ants to perform different tasks, each different evolution of ants can do one of these 3 actions:
  • Forage: Order your ants to gather food from a certain tile, Each ant will gather 1 food, then a percentage of them (determined by a d100)will gather extra food.  Only 100 ants can gather from any given tile and you can only forage two hexes from an ant hill
  • Dig: Dig or destroy rooms for your colony, it takes 50 ants to dig or destroy a room, the room choices are:
    • Burrow: a basic room, it houses 50 ants and stores 150 food
    • Storeroom: a food storage room, it can store 1,000 food
    • Queen Chambers: a room that houses one Queen, qualifies a burrow for the defender bonus
    • Ant Hill: The entrance to your colony, an ant hill provides a two hex vision and allows you to forage two hexes away from it.
  • Reproduce: Order ants to increase your population. This produces basic ants equal to 50% of the ants tat reproduced.  This action requires a queen and a queen can only be used to reproduce once a turn.

These actions don't require a full group of ants but instead have special requirements detailed in the action.
Move: You move ants 5 hexes, the ants are now based there and don't move back to the colony. This action must be done with a minimum of 5 identical ants
Colony Restart: You order your Queen to produce 50 basic ants + 50 ants per Queen level, the ants take 2 turns to hatch and this can only be done if you have less ants then what is being produced, the queen can not reproduce while doing this action
Evolve: Evolve some of your ants with either basic evolutions or special evolutions, this costs 1 food per evolved ant +1 extra food per ant equal to it's evolution level, (The total level of all your evolutions, minimum 0).  You can also evolve your queen increasing its level. Each level increase costs 5 food +5 food per queen level. You can only go up 1 Queen level per turn however you can put as many evolutions as you can pay for on your ant.
Spoiler: Queen Levels (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Basic Evolutions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Evolution (click to show/hide)

The meadow is 50 by 50 hexes and it has a top (floor zero) and is 3 levels deep, each hex is 4ft. 
For reference:           N                                 L0 above ground
                      NW          NE               L1     burrow        L2  burrow
                           Center                             L3     queen                     
                      SW          SE                       
                              S                                  (Curtesy of Ozarck)
Each person starts with an Ant Hill, 2 burrows and a Queen Chamber, 100 ants, 1 level 0 Queen, and 300 food. 
This is the map of the meadow:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The castles are start locations - Each person gets a random start location
The skulls are monster dens - They produce a certain monster every season and a wandering monster every year, they don't spawn if there are any ants stationed on them they automatically increase in power as the game moves on.   
The yellow tiles are barren and can't be foraged on,
The tiles with lines on them are fertile and produce double food when foraged on.
The blue tiles are river tiles which can be dug under at levels 2 and 3, but otherwise not crossed

Each turn ants require upkeep.  An ant requires 1 food per turn + an amount of food equal to its evolution level, a Queen requires 5 food per turn +5 food per level

After 12 turns random events will start happening every turn, these can range anywhere from really good to really bad these are determined with a d100 as well.

1-10 - really bad event
11-35 - bad event
36-65 - neutral event neither good nore bad
66-90 - good event
91-100 - really good event

Combat:
Combat occurs when one group of ants attacks, or is attacked by a hostile creature or another group of ants.  An ant army's combat strength is how many ants are on that army, the winner is the side with the highest combat strength. The loser looses a number of ants equal to the winner's combat strength while the winner looses an amount of ants equal to half the loser's combat strength.  In the case of a tie the defending player wins, being in your own colony doubles your combat strength.

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)

Taking a colony is a different story.  The defender, in addition to the defender bonus, can re arrange his ants for one move, as long as the ants don't pass through an enemy controlled room.  The attacker has to move through each room, at double speed.  To take over the colony he must control the Queen chamber, but he doesn't need a queen in them.  Each Queen Chamber controls the rooms closest to it, with the higher level Queen winning Ties, (no Queen counts as -1)

Discovered Monsters:
Spoiler: Centipede (click to show/hide)

Other Notes:
Your colony only counts as 1 square for movement purposes no matter how big it is
Actions occur in a random player order
If you cannot pay upkeep then ants will cannibalize other ants for food until they are fed an ant provides 1 food + an amount of food equal to it's evolution level, the ants with the lowest evolution level will be eaten first.
Upkeep is paid before food is lost due to not having enough storage.
An inactive player will get a single standard default action which all ants capable of doing will act upon. No other action will be done that round. Priority is as follows: Defense against invasion. Food collection until storage is full. Digging until there is space for an additional %50 ants over current, breeding until upkeep matches (3/4)maximum income.

Turn Sequence:
1. State Action
2. Actions occur
3. Upkeep is paid
4. Next Turn's Event is determined

Spoiler: Player List (click to show/hide)
(Suggestions on how to improve the game are always welcome)

[This post is constantly being updated with clarifications and examples, if you have a question check to see if it was answered]
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 09:12:50 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Ant Colony Version 2 (0/10)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 02:55:07 pm »

I'm in. My color is red.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 03:04:19 pm by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 03:00:41 pm »

In

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 03:01:14 pm »

I forgot to mention this but can everyone please pick a color
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 03:03:05 pm »

Sure, I'll be in as Northern Green.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 03:06:45 pm »

I'm in
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 03:25:38 pm »

I'll play! Orange please.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 03:34:23 pm »

In.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 03:56:20 pm »

In.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 04:05:05 pm »

I was considering making an Ant forum game... this is probably the first Forum Game I've ever played as a player, not a creator, in nearly 10 years. DON'T LET ME DOWN.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 04:07:14 pm »

In
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 04:54:18 pm »

As much as I'd like to play this again (especially with that exciting map), I'm too busy, so just PTW.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 04:55:36 pm »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 05:37:55 pm »

This then
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ant Colony Version 2 (9/10)
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2015, 06:14:27 pm »

1 more, the op has been fixed with some clarity issues that were pointed out, if you see any more please let me know, I promise I won't bite
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19