Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many collaborators should [Godslayer] creation require?

0 (total 1)
- 2 (14.3%)
1 (total of 2)
- 4 (28.6%)
2 (total of 3) (current)
- 6 (42.9%)
3 (total of 4)
- 0 (0%)
4 (total of 5)
- 2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 246

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 11.0 Walls and Walls and Walls [29/137]  (Read 276019 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 1: Creation's Dawn [22/137]
« Reply #555 on: August 20, 2015, 10:44:40 pm »

The Don makes a big show of reloading his gun.

"Don't think I'll forget about it....Crusting me like that ain't a good move"

*Continues (Impotently?) shooting at the barrier*
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 20, 2015, 11:11:30 pm »

(Yeah, as long as it isn't destructive testing, Tenat isn't going to get in your way, guys.))
((Oooh dang it I just voted and then realized I wanted to...Oh wait crystal moon K I'm good.))
Tenat continues scanning, hoping to discover anything about the origin of the crack.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:14:37 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 20, 2015, 11:43:56 pm »

Mörkö uses 3F to do the following:

• Place sensors in front of both reflective surfaces above and below a darker spot, that detect every type of energy imaginable, from electromagnetic radiation to particle radiation to force to...actually, that scopes most everything, except magic. Yes, there should also be sensors for all known magic schools, and also the theoretical mirroring schools that are not currently known.
  • Check the sensors to see if they catch anything.
  • Place an emitter that produces small amounts of every type of energy, as above, and point it at the darker spot between the sensors.
  • Flick the emitter on, check the sensors.
  • Perform 1.-4. with my own divine energy (some of the Flux committed to this experiment series), i.e. the spheres of Perception and Fear. Note any changes to the energy.
  • Place the emitter in front of the lower reflective surface, so that any energy reflected will enter the sensor.
  • Emitter on, check the sensor.
  • Reflect some Flux of Perception and Fear off the reflective surface. Note any changes.
"Would anyone suggest further experimentation with this gear?"

((Carpit, missed the mini-update while crafting my experiments.))

It seemed to act weird when whatshisface touched it, why not try that?
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 21, 2015, 12:15:29 am »

"We have figured that it reacts to divine energy touching it. I am not going to touch it before I'm sure it is safe. Go ahead and try it yourself if you would like, but I am not going to risk it."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 21, 2015, 01:23:26 am »

Lugen looks agitatedly at the object that seems to be absorbing entropic energy.

I want to eat. Anyone want to create a species with me after world creation? Something tasty. Something violent. Something that helps create lots of entropy...

A species created by more of us would give more returns per investment... It would also make me ever so grateful...
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 21, 2015, 01:34:19 am »

Lugen looks agitatedly at the object that seems to be absorbing entropic energy.

I want to eat. Anyone want to create a species with me after world creation? Something tasty. Something violent. Something that helps create lots of entropy...

A species created by more of us would give more returns per investment... It would also make me ever so grateful...

I'll be making my species soon enough, should be pretty violent.
If you wanna contribute when I make it you're free do do so, I'll make sure they worship you too to some extent if you do. Now that I think of it that would be pretty fitting of them to have you as a god too. Contact me privately if you want to discuss more about it.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 21, 2015, 01:47:46 am »

Oppose CNCL000.08. "I wouldn't mind the creation of another planet (that's why I've abstained on the other proposals), but that this is a "shared" world troubles me."
Oppose CNCL001.06. "We haven't really had enough time to see if he's the most humorous and I definitely don't think that he's the most better. Don't worry, Zenurion. With hard work and dedication I'm sure you can reach your dream and become the most better!"

I create the following constellations:
The Lute: Music and Festivities
The Child: Humour and Children
The Ship: Exploration and Adventure
The Giving Hand: Charity and Kindness
The Bird: Freedom and Liberty
The Tree: Family and Peaceful Growth

"Again, I'll get rid of all of my constellations (except the Angel) if you guys get rid of your evil-inducing ones. At least set them to not affect my creations. Please?"

The Humans I make must only be made on an Earth-like planet in terms of biosphere. Preference goes to an Earth-sized planet but this is not necessary.

"For the record, I do enjoy a well-made bread stick."
Eid gives Don Giovanni a perfectly ordinary but well-made bread stick.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:53:19 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 21, 2015, 01:50:31 am »

"Yes, actually. I have a plan for a race of my own, but there is another idea I have for a race that would be very much worth my while, but I do not have the spheres for it. Yours just might do. I will contact you after the planet or planets have been created."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 21, 2015, 04:17:34 am »

"Ah, perhaps I should make a few star-patterns? Everyone seems to like theirs, so I ought make some too."

Create the following constellations:
Geyser: Fermentation and Respiration
Shell: Storms and Stability
Beak: Fire and Family
Lettuce: Ethnic Ties and Aristocrats
Cabbage: Intellectual Ties and Plutocrats
Grave: Childbirth
Bundle of Sticks: Traveling and Domestication
Gutter Crown: Initiative
Oven: Charity and Generosity
Pike: Calm Water and Discipline
Bass: Ambience and Adaptability
Snake: Siestas and Persistence
Apple: Hope and Good Mornings
Potato: Acceptance and Bad Nights
Cesspit: Love and Dalliance
Chalice: Mathematics
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 04:41:25 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 2: Birth of Life [22/137]
« Reply #564 on: August 21, 2015, 05:00:10 am »

Tick 2: Birth of Life (Expected Tick duration: 24-48 hours)

Two races have been created today: The Star People of Itia and the Wisps of Jens!

The gods have, following an arduous, mucky trek through the mire of bureaucracy and the land of far too many cooks, created a massive star and a very distant companion, a fairly average, unremarkable star which the gods will likely choose to move away or transform into a more amusing form.

Of the three planets slated to be created by previously nonstandard polling, the first will be Earthlike, having a tropical region, temperate region, polar region, a decent axial tilt, and around 2/3rds ocean. The first chronologically proposed moon, the undetailed Size-2 moon, has been assigned to this one for the time being.

The second planet's form may still change, but it will likely remain a mostly barren, icy world with a lush, temperate belt at its equator. It has noticeably less exposed ocean than the first planet. This planet has been assigned the second chronologically proposed moon, a blank, even less detailed moon than the first one. Tenat has taken the liberty of making it as a scenic crystalline moon.

The third planet's form is indeterminate and will probably change a lot. Currently, it may appear as a hot world with temperate poles (possibly having a very thick atmosphere). Perhaps to compensate for its potential uninhabitability in the future, the third passing moon proposal detailing the creation of a Size-2 habitable moon with an already full biosphere has been assigned to this one assuming no switches/moving of moons by the gods.

One of these three planets is a giant planet, but no one seems to know which one is. Perhaps a gas giant planet was intended instead? There was also discussion about creating a transport system between the planets, but nothing has been agreed on yet.

An asteroid belt with a practical usable surface area roughly equivalent to one of the above moons has been created.

The naming of the planets is currently under discussion.

Isgon has created 5000 Jeskia and the golden angel Leviticus. They have been sent to various islands on a water-rich planet (/moon). (Isgon: -5E)

Zenurion has carved out the Red Rock Caverns deep in the crusts of all made planets (and possibly moons?) linked by rare, random gates. The walls of the Caverns are composed of bloodstone, a stone that acts as a barrier to souls. Zenurion has designated these Caverns as Hell, an afterlife reserved for evil souls of which there is sure to be an abundance. The obligatory links to Sheol redirect to the entrances of Hell, the largest of which is guarded by Cerberus, the leader of the tribunals that judge those who enter Hell. (Zenurion: -0E)

Yena/Tenat has created numerous flora and fauna based on the same biology as the planned Crystallum. Taken together, they form a complete, separate biosphere. The world is now ready for the Crystallum.

Eid has created 5000 Humans, fairly mostly bald ape-like creatures refined in the use of fire. They have been placed on the first planet, although the third planet may still be a paradise for them. Additionally, Eid has created the angel Lolohe to help guide the Humans. Finally, Eid has blessed the Humans with increased fertility for a Tick. (Eid: -5E, Eid: -7F)

Zenurion has been given the title of Most Humorous Being Ever and Most Better Ever!

(13) As part of the ongoing investigations on the giant chip, Mörkö has placed numerous sensors to detect anything special, including hypothetical implementations of undiscovered mirrored versions of known schools, from the thing. With emitters emitting into the dark core of the chip and sensors on/near the faces, no signal enters the sensors. With an input of focused Flux strongly aligned toward Perception and Fear, some columns break off the chip. With an emitter emitting onto the reflective surface, sensors placed in the correct areas do detect exactly as much as the emitter emits. Reflecting Perception and Fear Flux off the surface yields much the same result. (Mörkö: -3F)

Don Giovanni continues shooting the barrier until it disintegrates along with his gun.

Tenat, despite scanning, cannot seem to get much information about any crack.

The Wisps and the Star People believe their children are acting strangely.

Prominent in the skies of the new planets tonight are the Twin Towers, emphasizing transformation and change.

Proposals: (Yena: -1E, Zenurion: -1E, Bohenar: -1E, Morthan: -1E, Itia: -1E, Zhìn Réng Jiāng: -1E, Mörkö: -1E, Arkford: -1E, Jens: -1E, Eid: -1E, Lugen: -1E, Srillian: -1E)

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Life and Death (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Passed Proposals (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Proposalog (click to show/hide)

Sphere ideas this tick are Day and Family. New players are always welcome.

EDIT: Fixed incorrect stats counts
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:11:16 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 21, 2015, 05:10:08 am »

"Ah, good good. Worlds done; would have preferred a single world but this works as well I suppose. Now...for the fun part!."

Sadiq took a mask from his own form and broke it into two. With a cackle and a scream, he ignited them in smokeless fire, before throwing them towards Boreas and Gaia. It would take some time for the flames to settle into a stable form, but in time they would settle and become like little Sadiqs...the Djinn.

After many many years of waiting, the Djinn finally emerged from their caves of birth with newborn minds and mewling thoughts. Most were naked, though some had figured out how to put a few rocks together. The rest would learn soon enough, Sadiq thought. He smoke in a characteristically jovial tone:

"Ah Little Brothers and Sisters, welcome to Life! I am Sadiq, your maker and spiritual liege, although I of course don't expect you to think that. No, I know fully you'll all find some purpose in life beyond serving me soon enough and I do wish you all luck with them. But I must lay some ground rules, for the benefit for all, yes?"

In a far more serious voice, he spoke once more.

"Here my words Djinn of the First Generation. You shall abide by the Al-Zhaw, The Law of the True People. To deviate is sin, to corrupt is wrong. These words you must serve till your final days and those who break them will be made Pariah."

1. You shall pay the tithe. I offer you freedom of respect and worship, but all Djinn must pray to me in some respect. To fail to do so is death only delayed.
2. You shall respect your brothers. You are all creatures of the Smokeless Flame and none are integrally better. Though some may reach greater glory, wisdom or wealth, you will all be equal under the law and in the sight of Your Maker. To fail to do so is death only delayed.
3. You shall keep your house open to your friend. All Djinn of property shall welcome their peers into their abode and offer them sustenance. To fail to do so is death only delayed.
5. To be alone is the saddest fate. Create connections and friendships for isolation is death only delayed.
6. Do not possess the Sapient without permission. To do so is death only delayed.
7. Do not abuse the Law. To break the law in spirit is the same as abusing it in truth. To do so is death only delayed.

"In time, Al-Zhaw may grow, but this is what you shall learn today."

Plant 2 Smokeless Cairns, one on World 1 and another on World 2. As stated in the OOC, they produce 500 Djinn and will facilitate Djinn reproduction until worldwide population is 50,000. Both are to be placed in caves.

(Djinn: 1000 x [Race template] [Incorporeal] [Immortal] [Adaptable] [Eats Emotions])

Spoiler: Djinn description (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:53:55 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #566 on: August 21, 2015, 05:21:24 am »

Sadiq has planted a Smokeless Cairn on each of World 1 and World 2. There are now 1000 Djinns. (Sadiq: -2E)

Someone or something has "knocked over" the Corpse Club!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 21, 2015, 05:30:43 am »

Create 4k Humans.

Without using Flux, Essence, or Ichor or a 0-energy action, I beat a lone elephant to death, cook its meat, and distribute it for free among my new people.

Taking Human disguise, I play chess against a Human. Am I better at chess than the average Human, similar to how I'm stronger than them?

I fire the biggest 0-energy fireball, lightning strike, and then energy attack at three separate mountains.

Taking Human form, I drink as much booze as I can without decreasing my energy.

I sprint as fast as I can across the desert planning without energy and without a 0-energy action.

"DAMN it feels good to be a god! Seriously! You guys should try this! We can just do so much it's amazing!"

EDIT: Flying to the second planet's orbit, I dive down as fast as I can and punch the planet as hard as I can without energy or 0-energy actions.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:33:13 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 21, 2015, 05:41:19 am »

Create mundane life in Boreas. Make sure giant tube worms are present on all worlds.
Recite the Al-Zhaw as mentioned above.
Grand the Djinn  knowledge of human settlements. Direct them towards them and advice them to aid them.
Teach the Djinn the art of domestication and help them domesticate animals suited toward carrying cargo and long journeys.
Create 1500 Ogori, borderline-sapient humanoid animals (think dolphins/elephants) loyal to the Djinn. Are easily trained and have large litters.

Spoiler: Ogori Description (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 08:12:49 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #569 on: August 21, 2015, 05:55:37 am »

Eid has created 4000 Humans. (Eid: -4E)

((Since you persist in trying to get numbers for that sort of thing, I counter by just turning it into a basic 1d6 RTD. :P))
Spoiler: Eid's Adventurous Day (click to show/hide)

Sadiq has instructed the Djinn on how to live after many years of their development and created the Ogori, intelligent, easily trained humanoid animals loyal to the Djinn that produce large litters. (Sadiq: -0E)

The Djinn have learned of the locations of Human settlements and they make contact with them. They have also learned of the use of domesticated animals.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 246