Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many collaborators should [Godslayer] creation require?

0 (total 1)
- 2 (14.3%)
1 (total of 2)
- 4 (28.6%)
2 (total of 3) (current)
- 6 (42.9%)
3 (total of 4)
- 0 (0%)
4 (total of 5)
- 2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 246

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 11.0 Walls and Walls and Walls [29/137]  (Read 280580 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 5.0: The Pantheon: Arguments and Insanity [24/137]
« Reply #1290 on: September 01, 2015, 11:15:05 pm »

"Blood...wine? Such a waste. Any extra blood you happen to get works better as a concrete additive. Better durability, resistant to temperature changes, and it gets an interesting colour. ....Hold on a second, do mortals even have it yet?"

If mortals in general haven't invented concrete yet, Mörkö teaches them how to mix and cast it.

Mörkö speaks to both mortals and gods: "Concrete is great for building temples and other large buildings. Consider this a gift."

Also add on detailed instructions about using volcanoes to make concrete.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: September 02, 2015, 12:21:01 am »

Dammit, I almost forgot something...

Conjure massive floating televisions at every Lambdent Settlement, they will vanish as soon as they have accomplished their purpose. Appear on the screen of every television to talk:

Greetings, People of Lambdent! I am Zenurion, your god and creator. I represent Villainy and Genius. You may all refer to me as "The Devil", "The Demon of Creation", "The Devil in a Labcoat" or by my name, I really don't care. So anyways, I expect you all to build the strongest civilization of existence, and to produce the greatest minds to lead you to progress and power, I have given you the necessary skills to do so. I will place myself as your great eternal emperor, if anyone is against this they are free to challenge me in a duel to death. As for your society, how about a Tribal Meritocracy, with a strong focus on hierarchy? This is not a choice, by the way.
I noticed a few things that might needs to be upgraded on you, nothing major, don't worry. A patch is coming soon to fix that. If you wander around you will find Tormentors and Damned Souls, two of my earlier creations. I'd strongly recommend you all to avoid messing with them. If I see a single of you trying to eat one them (something that should be impossible to do anyways), I will personally tear the flesh out of you and curse your soul with eternal damnation. You might also encounter Cerberus. He's a busy man, so I'd recommend not bothering him. Attempting to mess with him will result with the same fate as described earlier. Other than that, Tormentors might have useful knowledge to share with you, and might even allow you to play with their toys for a bit.

So to get you started, how about you make tools and armor? Should be easy, you just need a bunch of easily acquired stuff and knowledge. Once again the Tormentors might come in handy here. Speaking of stuff, I miiiiiight have forgotten to put a bunch of things that you will need... Well at least you have coffee in the meantime.

Also, there's another conference scheduled soon, so be ready for that.

((Screw that I'm using a plain color for wall of texts))

Decapitate anyone who challenge me with my macestaff. Create Hellwood, wood suited to live in the infernal environment of hell, and only hell. They have a dark red bark and dark reddish-brown wood, and spread it in every bloodstone underworld. Ensure that the Tormentors will share their knowledge of technology with the Lambdent, potentially extracting said knowledge from Damned Souls. Also ensure that the Lambdent are unable to eat the souls of those bound to hell (basically every Tormentor and Damned Souls, and only them). Teach the recipe for coffee to random Lambdent.
Teach the Lambdent some specific pacts:

Spoiler: Pacts (click to show/hide)

"Blood...wine? Such a waste. Any extra blood you happen to get works better as a concrete additive. Better durability, resistant to temperature changes, and it gets an interesting colour. ....Hold on a second, do mortals even have it yet?"

If mortals in general haven't invented concrete yet, Mörkö teaches them how to mix and cast it.

Mörkö speaks to both mortals and gods: "Concrete is great for building temples and other large buildings. Consider this a gift."

Also add on detailed instructions about using volcanoes to make concrete.
Add detailed instructions on how to use blood as a concrete additive, to create "blood concrete". The instructions will also list advantages using blood will yield, also including extra badass points.

Good idea my friend!
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: September 02, 2015, 06:17:31 am »

Tenat shall chaomantically ensure that should The Don attempt to attack, Tenat will not be where he thought Tenat was.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 5.0: The Pantheon: Arguments and Insanity [23/137]
« Reply #1293 on: September 02, 2015, 07:08:51 am »

Eid has placed a larger, more ornate obelisk reading "Mortals should be treated with respect." next to Zenurion's obelisk.
Jens has constructed a grander obelisk next to Eid's reading "If you haven't figured it out yet, some gods are a tad bit crazy!" (Jens: -1E)
"Now why, Jens, am I crazy for thinking mortals are cool and shouldn't be treated as slaves?"

Eternal virgin: "How soon? The princess will marry the terrible unworthy prince in just a few weeks!"
Find out what race this guy is from what prince and princess he's talking about. Which civilisations are at a point where they have royalty?

Following offers of assistance from Eid, Lolohe requests a crisis to get the Humans back to work after a rash of excessive partying and insufficient work. The main cause of death right now seems to be feuding.
The massive amount of death that happened should be a crisis. (Near equal to the birth rate and the ash plague couldn't have done it since it killed only 500 people.) Lolohe should create some kind of police or military system and end these feuds. Question why he hadn't done anything about these feuds yet.

Eid has created an incredibly loyal aligned Human presumably named Steve. (Eid: -0E)
I attempt to find out what the Aligned trait does. Is Kurze any better at magic? Can he do 0-energy actions? Does he have wings? Is he holy to Angels? What traits does he have?

Prayers
Eid answers some petitioners:
#2: "Would yOu want to live in a prison for several years doing nothing?"
#3: "Thank you. May this first of my mules find its way to you."

Arkford hears the following prayers:
#2: (angry blinking) "Why can the surface-dwellers make their own tea now? Why, we ought to toss their next load deep into Zen's Cauldron!"
"Prison? I wasn't aware the conditions were that bad. I'd have thought they just lived in their own quarter of the city or something. Thank you for making me aware of this issue." Take Human form and investigate the quarantine.
Consume the mule's soul and the souls of any animals sacrificed to me. (No energy.)
Appear in front of the angry tea-obsessed dude. "That was me, mate. What, you don't like it?" I take my shirt off, revealing a singlet and a well-toned and muscled body under it. "Fight me, cunt! Come on! You wanna talk shit, how 'bout you do it to my face!?"

The Skizani preachers have met with such incapacitations as illness, the perils of the beasts of the wilderness, and some reflection on the actual benefits of their mission.
(Illness and beasts? They're Divine and can thus do 0-energy actions. That should be enough to heal illness and kill boars. They have Loyal+10 and the people they convert get eternal paradise when they die. They shouldn't be incapacitated by reflection on their mission.)

A cult dedicated to something named "Expiration" has emerged in a wooded Gaian (Planet 1) valley.
Go down in my regular form and ask what the Expiration cult is about, expressing normal curiosity.

Lololhe hears of Eid's report of the recent Human disappearances and confirms it and adds that he heard that many Kitsoony also disappeared.

Uh... what? Eid, do you mind if Lolohe tells me what they know about the Human and Kitsoony disappearances?
"Go ahead. Lolohe's a guy, by the way."
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 07:10:32 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #1294 on: September 02, 2015, 07:19:05 am »

Appear in front of the angry tea-obsessed dude. "That was me, mate. What, you don't like it?" I take my shirt off, revealing a singlet and a well-toned and muscled body under it. "Fight me, cunt! Come on! You wanna talk shit, how 'bout you do it to my face!?"

Now that's just rude.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: September 02, 2015, 09:33:24 am »

[Si]
Gaia, Unpolluted Lands

Si flies away from the admirer, and approaches Veles.
"U-um..."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: September 02, 2015, 01:29:29 pm »

Nuclear sirens can be heard all around Hell, before televisions reappear at every village. A new broadcast begins:
What do you guys think about using that to warn you that a broadcast is about to begin? I can't hear any of you, so there's no point in answering. So anyways, in this broadcast I'll talk about your future (and maybe present, if you've been particularly good) civilization! First of all, we'll talk about tribes.
Zenurion's face is replaced by a diagram:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
For naming conventions, I want every group to be made up of a two word name, each of which begins with the same letter. Accuracy is less important than same letters here. And now for flags, everyone will follow the same pattern, as a reminder than despite all the infighting we all work under the same banner. Each flag will be red with a specific black and red emblem such as those presented in this example, and have the name of the group under it with the same font as showcased here.

[SOVEREIGN SOULS], along with it's emblem will be given to the totality of Tormentors and their Damned Souls, who will essentially work as an anarchy. Every single tribe, group or organization is automatically considered allied to them, with the exception of renegade groups, which are automatically considered enemy of every other tribe. [CARRION CONFEDERATION] will be awarded to the largest tribe or tribe network, while [N'HRKUL NATION] will be awarded to the tribe or tribe network having the greatest military power.

Remember that as your Great Eternal Emperor and divine creator, I can enforce cooperation between any group I decide, and that disobeying my orders is automatically assumed to be punishable by death and eternal damnation unless I say otherwise.

Grant the name of [SOVEREIGN SOULS] to the totality of Tormentors and Damned souls, which will work as an anarchy, and be assumed ally of every non renegade tribe or organization. Grant the name of [CARRION CONFEDERATION] to the largest organization of Lambdent and [N'HRKUL NATION] to the organization having the mightiest military force.

At the end of this broadcast, all television vanish as Zenurion returns to the assembly of gods.

Looks like I might have been wrong on my impression of you, Eid... We might even be friends at this rate, if you continue like that. We should have a soul feast at some point.
Watch the fight, and mock the loser, also reminding him that I do not have a cauldron.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 01:34:23 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: September 02, 2015, 02:05:19 pm »

Talios rejoins the council in his usual outfit.

"Have I missed anything important?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: September 02, 2015, 02:06:41 pm »

Talios rejoins the council in his usual outfit.

"Have I missed anything important?"

"Cofe Combat."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: September 02, 2015, 02:10:06 pm »

Talios frowns and summons a scroll containing the godly records.

"This is truly getting ridiculous..."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1300 on: September 02, 2015, 02:46:38 pm »

(Expected remaining Tick duration: 24-48 hours assuming working connection and lack of travel)

Isgon has created nearly 11000 new Jeskia. (Isgon: -2E)

Tenat computes responses to prayers:
#1: "Aww... I was hoping for a cheap magical way to do it."
#2: Sandstorms appear to occur once every few days over a period of a few weeks each year, and most do not seem to deter or damage fleshy carbos much.

Tenat has investigated "ruby." It appears to be a closely guarded mineral formulation infused with some sort of mind-manipulating magic. It seems to induce a state of mild euphoria with amusing hallucinations and later infestation with imaginary tiger's eye cats.

(14) Tenat has also attempted to turn Flux into Ichor. It manages only to turn Some Flux into Less Flux. (Tenat/Yena: -3F)

Sylvan's Arboreal Administrators seem to be healthy. They report that the forests are growing quite nicely, although the Administrator on Boreas reports that conventional forests are limited to the temperate equatorial zone.

The Don has sent a band of loyal minions to change written laws to ban common activities and changing the law. Already five random townspeople have been arrested for breathing, reading the laws, and walking.

The Don has also created Cofe, a Crystallum-focused coffee-type plant and made sure that all the Crystallum would ban its use. Finally, the Don has begun attempting to absorb lonely criminals into large organizations.

Tenat has shattered the Cofe plants and warned the Don to cease and hopefully not resist. The Don responds by planting more Cofe and scoping the largest Crystallum settlements. Tenat continues to oppose the Don's creation of Cofe. The Vault has begun a policy of not letting unauthorized visitors modify law records stored inside (of which there are quite a few). Isgon has assisted Tenat in eliminating the Cofe. Tenat has attempted to freeze the Don using magic, but it seems not to have any effect beyond making the fight look more interesting. Si has attempted to negate the Don, but the serenading ends up being only mildly embarrassing for everyone involved. Neither party has used any Flux yet.

Mórkö and Zenurion have begun eating salty, often crunchy snacks in response to the fight.

Si reacts to some prayers:
Flower-guy: "Ach, alright, but please make them look good again."
Si has created the Wand of Sis K'ruppt. 2 [Lifespan+1 <1.2>] [Single-gender race? <0.6>] [Affinity+1 (San K'ruppt) <1.4>] [Affinity+1 (Element K'ruppt) <1.4>] [^Unworshipful <2>] = Avg. 5.6E (Si: -4E, Si: -2I)
Si has additionally infused the Wand with 1 Ichor capacity, taking care not to spill her blood on the ground. (Si: -2/2I)
Admirer: "Such a wonderful gift!"

Zenurion fulfills some prayers:
Godslayer wannabe: "What an awful coat! The arms are too long! You call yourself a god?" The ranting continues.
Hellboy: "W-will serve Zen-n-urion f-f-forever and a d-day."
Holy defender of true love: "Never mind about the princess! Shoo! Shoo!"
Eid has poked around and found that the prince and princess are really the children of influential High Elves.
Mistake Engineer: "Glad to be of service!"
The moment Zenurion places the Engine near Eid, it starts spinning. Could squandering such a precious artifact have been a mistake itself?
Meow is investigating using the Engine as a heat source to nap on.
Mad Hatter; "I KNOW RIGHT! SQUID LEATHER IS THE WAY TO GO!" 100 random mortals find themselves wearing squid leather hats. In just a few months, this number has jumped up to several tens of thousands. Rumors have spread of fish-like babies being born regularly near coasts.

Arkford reflects on some prayers:
#1: "How unfortunate"
#2: "It may not be as good, but it's cheaper!"

Arkford has commissioned the construction of Guildhalls in major Efte settlements large enough to accomodate the Naedercynn and created 30 000 Efte, distributing them across Boreas and Eden.

(10) Bohenar has empowered five great mages, informed them of how the Mirrored planes work, and watched their progress. (Bohenar: -10F)
#1: A G1YPH-L1N35 mage: Has produced a vivid simulation of running around in a food-filled maze being chased around by colorful ghosts
#2: A Tree-Jitsu mage: Has forced trees to grow into a frame for a large woodsy personal palace surrounded by a corpsely copse.
#3: A Stellarumancy seer: Has foretold that the sign of the next age will be the Sssnake, sssignifying ſſſiessstasss and persssissstenccce.
#4: An Echoturgy mage: Has composed a tone so close to the concept of Life's template of food that conjures food out of nowhere
#5: A Necromancy necromancer: Has raised an entire cemetery to march in a macabre parade and remind viewers of their limited lives.

Zenurion has introduced Bloodwine and blood fermentation in general to the mortals, surprisingly drawing no resistance from the gods who previously opposed harmless addictive little beans except from the Don, who argues that wine and blood clash in taste excessively.

Veles has joined the Kitsoony traveling performers incognito to see what life is like for them. It appears that many contracts are (illegally!) not renewed or sufficient, and for most performers, life is hard, and performance provides an unstable income.

Sadiq has settled down, living in prosperous El-Jannah. He has accelerated the growth of gardens in the city immensely, created water features in and around the city, and invited a few Evertrees to live there, making sure to keep gardeners around for them.

Quelor has put a magic school up for sale for the cheaper price of 4E and tossed a mundane rock from Gaia into the black portion of the Chip. There is a temporal minor disturbance and the rock disappears.

Mörkö has spread around knowledge of concrete. Many mortals fear it is an alchemical recipe for summoning spooky spirits. The Don has already weaponized concrete, not helping with these fears. Sadiq has provided advice on using volcanic ash to make concrete, which causes a rumor mutation to the effect that ancient volcano spirits will be unleashed through concrete production. Zenurion adds that blood makes a nice additive which worsens the rumors further.

Zenurion has given the Lambdent their rules and some advice on how to start and how to coexist with Hell's existing residents and created Hellwood, wood for the underworld and told the Tormentors to maintain good relations with the Lambdent.  He has had to decapitate 53 feisty Lambdent. He has also taught them 7 starting Pacts.

On Eid's advice, Lolohe has established the Curious Guard and set them to enforce a strict policy of "One and only one eye for an eye, one and only one tooth for a tooth." The feuding seems to have stopped, but there still seems to be some unrest. Lolohe says he was busy finishing only the most recent round of whack-a-corrupt-governor after an unacceptable drop in taxes.

Eid examines Kurze and any oddities possibly correlated to the Aligned trait. Kurze seems to be able to do 0-godly-energy actions such as eating, drinking, sleeping, walking, existing, and talking. Kurze seems to get along with friendly angels more than the average Human. Kurze can sprout wings and flap around with them. The angels don't seem to think of Kurze as particularly holy. He seems to have the usual Human traits plus Aligned.

Eid has investigated the quarantine. It seems to be a somewhat poorly cleaned network of hallways of cells with middle-aged Humans (and probably Thannel). Food is rationed carefully to balance satisfying the Thannel and not agitating the townsfolk with higher food taxes.
The mule's soul is a bit spicy. ((Durr, of course it consumes no energy! This is getting silly.))

Eid has appeared before the tea-obsessed Efte spoiling for a fight! Meow seems to purr at the warmth of the Mistake Engine. Zenurion watches to mock the loser and reminds the tea-obsessed Efte that he does not have a cauldron. The Efte flashes insults back politely, daring Eid to see if he can actually beat a true Efte and daring Zenurion to jump into a hot, smelly spring in a more vulnerable form if it would suit his plans for today.

((Pre-emptive answer: Efte are like newts with a close biology having to do with crystals and water.))

((Illness and beasts: Some things are better than 0E/F things...))

Eid has begun the investigation of the Expiration cult. A group of mortals of various species seem to be screaming around a vaguely humanoid sculpture with angled hair and fur. Blood (or maybe dyes?) is splattered everywhere, including on the sculpture. A Chip column is embedded in the ground nearby.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!"
"EEEEEeeeeEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee!!!!"
"Strange folk, aren't they? They've been screaming at the sculpture for Jens knows how many days!"

Lolohe explains that in addition to the Humans who were found after a few months with mild head injuries and slightly bloodied rocks, the Kitsoony reported that some Kitsoony had also been found in similar states after a few months of being gone. They suspect Zenurion or Morthan may have been involved.

Zenurion has divided his peoples and given them names and more warnings to follow or die. [SOVEREIGN SOULS] corresponds to the pre-existing Tormentors and Damned souls, [CARRION CONFEDERATION] goes to the most populous, and [N'HRKUL NATION] consists of the most militarily powerful.

Isgon meditates on these prayers:
#1: "Our monasteries are noisy, crowded, and full of people!"
#2: "What is your message?"

Sylvan cultivates these prayers:
#1: "May Sylvan bless this sacred ground, where Llynallos established the Covenant of the Wood."
#2: "What is your favorite tree? Do you have a favorite tree?"

Quelor detects these prayers:
#1: "Can I borrow some tools from my future?"
#2: "What is the best way to make gold?"

Prominent this Tick is the constellation known as The Fulcrum, emphasizing engineering and mechanics.

Spoiler: Passed Proposals (click to show/hide)

Sphere ideas this tick are Creation and Peace (*snrk*). New players are always welcome.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: September 02, 2015, 02:51:26 pm »

Isgon tells Leviticus to tell the Jeskai to create settlements around the moon.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: September 02, 2015, 03:00:13 pm »

"Say, has anyone planned any festivals to be coming soon? I have a few plans that need a festival or a similar large gathering of mortals in order to work, but I would hate to cause a scheduling conflict."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: September 02, 2015, 03:20:03 pm »

Listen to prayers.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: September 02, 2015, 03:33:28 pm »

[Si]
Unpolluted Lands

Si uses Flux to invert the coloring effect, making them more colorful than before.
I... didn't know, I could do that.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 246