Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many collaborators should [Godslayer] creation require?

0 (total 1)
- 2 (14.3%)
1 (total of 2)
- 4 (28.6%)
2 (total of 3) (current)
- 6 (42.9%)
3 (total of 4)
- 0 (0%)
4 (total of 5)
- 2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 246

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 11.0 Walls and Walls and Walls [29/137]  (Read 276055 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 5.0: The Pantheon: Arguments and Insanity [24/137]
« Reply #1470 on: September 04, 2015, 12:01:19 pm »

>This Aspect is merely responding in kind to your overgrown ego, Zenurion.  Had you approached as collaborateur, so would this Aspect's response have been in a collaborative manner.  As it is, this Aspect is left with asserting superiority to you to hopefully keep you in check.
>This Aspect will have nothing to do with Sprillian's behavior, nor Zenurion's inevitable fight with the aforementioned, save to remove them from the theater.
>In summation: Stop fighting, you idiots.  We're trying to watch a play.

I love how you think you're the other person with an inflated ego I mentioned. Perhaps someone here has confidence issues?

"Underneath of Words buries nothing but your interpretation, if you wish me to stop using the Alpha Pantheon name I will.

Anyway, fiend of common sense, you attempt to be dangerous, yet you make me laugh at you and perhaps spare a little pity for you. You may kneel to me if you wish, or you may leave now not to return."

There's something about your speeches that I can't help but find inherently funny, not sure what it is. Maybe something to do with the emptiness of your words? I'd love your input on that, it would be really helpful for my documentary.

Muffle the speeches/screams of gods so that only them can hear each other, to avoid bothering the other spectators. Only for the duration of the show.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: September 04, 2015, 12:03:58 pm »

"Gaze upon the emptiness I present to you, as it seems to be the right task for you."
The spiral swirls surrounding Zenurion

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: September 04, 2015, 12:12:28 pm »

Zenurion does not react to the violation of personal space, instead offering the bucket of souls he was still carrying, in a distracted gesture without looking away from the performance.

Want some? They're extra salty, with all those tears they make.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: September 04, 2015, 12:21:03 pm »

>This Aspect is merely responding in kind to your overgrown ego, Zenurion.  Had you approached as collaborateur, so would this Aspect's response have been in a collaborative manner.  As it is, this Aspect is left with asserting superiority to you to hopefully keep you in check.
>This Aspect will have nothing to do with Sprillian's behavior, nor Zenurion's inevitable fight with the aforementioned, save to remove them from the theater.

I love how you think you're the other person with an inflated ego I mentioned. Perhaps someone here has confidence issues?
>This Aspect is pleased to hear that you do not think this Aspect's ego is inflated.  This Aspect's point still stands, however.

"Underneath of Words buries nothing but your interpretation, if you wish me to stop using the Alpha Pantheon name I will.

Anyway, fiend of common sense, you attempt to be dangerous, yet you make me laugh at you and perhaps spare a little pity for you. You may kneel to me if you wish, or you may leave now not to return."

There's something about your speeches that I can't help but find inherently funny, not sure what it is. Maybe something to do with the emptiness of your words? I'd love your input on that, it would be really helpful for my documentary.

Muffle the speeches/screams of gods so that only them can hear each other, to avoid bothering the other spectators. Only for the duration of the show.
Contribute to the muffling.
>This Aspect congratulates you on doing something we can all support.
((Wonder how my font got into Courier New without me even telling the forums I wanted it.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: September 04, 2015, 12:28:08 pm »

"Are you interested in a game?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: September 04, 2015, 12:31:35 pm »

This god is watching a play.  Silence.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: September 04, 2015, 12:48:54 pm »

>This Aspect is pleased to hear that you do not think this Aspect's ego is inflated.  This Aspect's point still stands, however.

Contribute to the muffling.
>This Aspect congratulates you on doing something we can all support.
((Wonder how my font got into Courier New without me even telling the forums I wanted it.))

You mean like coffee? And just to clarify, your ego is also inflated like pretty much everyone here. Only not nearly as much as some of us.

Oh well, I guess it's a side effect of having so much power.

Does it involves napalm? Because if yes it's a bad idea. That crap can't be controlled, always trying to set my labcoat on fire.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: September 04, 2015, 12:57:36 pm »

Does it involves napalm? Because if yes it's a bad idea. That crap can't be controlled, always trying to set my labcoat on fire.
You hear the scrawl of a pencil on paper.
"*mumble*...godkilling napalm against Zenurion...*mumble*"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 6.0: Madness! [26/137]
« Reply #1478 on: September 04, 2015, 03:52:34 pm »

Tick 6.0: Madness! (Expected Tick duration: 48 hours assuming the usual)
PMs received: ~300 | PMs sent: ~190
Update 5.1
Update 5.2

Srillian has created 8333 Spirallions and led a band of desperate, thirsty humans to water to found a spiral city surrounding the spring.

Lugen has created Universal magic and Cosmic magic! Universal magic stacks Technomancy and G1YPH-L1N35 and Cosmic magic stacks Plasmurgy, mirroring Boldmancy. These are both exotic schools. Progression for Universal magic has been set to experience in more specific uses of it and both schools are harder to learn than the existing stacked schools.

Lolohe has issued a new tax on food to improve the living conditions of quarantined Thannel and Humans and continues to fund efforts to cure Thannelism. Some of the worse quarantines have been renovated.

Eid has almost shoved a wee angry Efte but, as gods are wont to do, gets bored and returns to his afterlife.

Zhìn Réng Jiǎng processes a few prayers:
#1: "I hope so! A caravan with a bunch of smelly freeloaders has been waiting around the Gaia-Eden Gate for days!"
#2: "An excellent suggestion, Ruler."

Zhìn Réng Jiǎng has publicly declared a Pantheon known as The Sworn. It consists of the Zhìn Réng Jiǎng, Talios, Tenat/Yena, and Arkford at the moment and is dedicated to those interested in plumbing the depths of technology and the mechanical.

The City of Rule has begun the design and construction of mass transport systems into and out of the city. Proposed designs at the moment include the following:
  • Build a gateway town separate from but connected to the City by wide canals with large rafts going to and from the City
  • Have a loop of chariots continuously entering and leaving the city
  • Construct permanent magical portals connecting the inside and outside of the city
  • Build a truly gigantic drawbridge that doubles as a waste/enemy disposal system and use ballistic carts for the actual transport
2F has been pledged for transport of materials to the site from Zhìn Réng Jiāng. Tenat and Talios have also pledged support for the improvement project.

The interplanetary Gates of the City of Rule have been completed
(Zhìn Réng Jiǎng: 0E)

Zhin Reng Jiang has offered to help Qytesis Xyweus Talios' afterlife attract more lost souls and expand it accordingly.

Zhin Reng Jiang has also raised a particularly skilled Zhǎngzǐ to be The Prince (Wángzǐ). The rest of the Zhǎngzǐ have been assigned to spreading the faith, managing the people on simpler matters, and spreading the glories of Rule.

(7) Si has dug down deep into K'ruppt land to rest and heal. (Si: -2F) Yena has supplied Si with some Flux. (Yena: -2F, Si: +2F) Si has pulled in 10 lost Skizani souls into the chamber, forming them as globs of black liquid. Most seem not to have too many problems, but a few do:
#1: "Is this the afterlife? Where am I? What's happening?"
#2: "Can I have a body again?"

A dispute has erupted between the First Pantheon and Mörkö. It seems to involve an annoyance of bandits having slain an unspecified number of Haunts. Isgon, on behalf of the First Pantheon, claims uninvolvement in the matter.

Itia has shown a follower a glorious night from a tall mountain and even arranged for a godly colorful fireworks show.

Sylvan has planted some unique, tasty fruit trees around the Covenant of the Wood. Llynallos has been blessed with a closer relationship to plants.

Lolohe has commissioned road improvements, aqueducts for applicable larger cities, and a network of bonfire beacons for the edges of civilization. There is much unrest, possibly Don-inspired, throughout the Human lands. Some protesting and rioting occurs, slowing down construction efforts. The Don has tried and failed to modify write-protected law documents in the Vault, and the smaller rural settlements tend not to have written laws as much as they have effective social control.

Tenat has begun a large technomantic project by providing a powerful technomancer plans for a technomantic computer and knowledge of a compiler spell. The technomancer along with some backers has organized the Technomantic Academt for Limitless Optimization of Spells and begun research on constructing the technomantic computer.

Aedif, god of Building and Artistry, has created 50000 Leg-Godts, minifigures who enjoy building and can easily stack. (Aedif: -6E)

((Leg-Godts: [Size-3 <.77>] [Speed+1? <1.3>] [Intelligence+1? <1.2>] [Expy <1.15>] = Avg. 1.4E/10000))

Just outside of BroadRoad, Veles has set up a forum for Djinn and Kitsoonies to negotiate their contracts, making sure to keep some Witnesses around to oversee contracts and make them binding. Contracts have been limited in length to a year, and Veles has educated the Kitsoony on the purpose of this forum and informed them that contracts signed outside the forum will be considered non-binding. This seems to have helped reduce the number of Kitsoony signing terrible contracts, but some of the greedier, more desperate ones continue to chase after suspicious contracts outside the forum.

Jixiu has created cacao trees in a jungle.

Sadiq has created Whagori, ogori of the sea. The Consortium has gathered to hear of Sadiq's deep-sea plans and has started a program paying adventurous youths to explore the deep ocean and bring back samples for Consortium research. After a few months, they conclude

Jixiu has been added into the Arcane Entente by Sadiq.

Don Giovanni has created incorporeal sharks, following in the tradition of an unknown criminal organization. While incorporeal, it has been ruled as sufficiently mundane assuming it behaves much like corporeal sharks do. No Djinn have died from shark attacks so far.

Tenat and Yena attend the new showing of Madness from the Gods, as does Mörkö. Zenurion attends, sitting next to Yena/Tenat with a gas mask in his lab coat. Yena/Tenat move. The Don has helped a bunch of people sneak into the theater without paying and organized a smuggled snack sharing ring, and illegalizes cocoa beans as much as possible while spreading them around. Meow attends riding on Zenurion's head.
Morthan attends the new play as well as Jixiu, who sits next to a Kitsoony and asks what the play is about. Meow summarizes the content of Madness of the Gods. In a rare moment of Tenat and Zenurion not bickering, Zenurion muffles the speech/screams of the gods such that only they can hear each other and is supported by Tenat. <3<

Srillian attempts to surround Zenurion, who merely offers some samples of popped souls.

During the first act of the play, everything is exactly the same as the first showing, although the lack of the gods' help and "help" seems to have produced a play closer to Meow's intentions. The second act is similarly close to its source material but gradually accumulates a number of deviations. In this instance of the play, the gods create an artifact for seeing inside the minds of gods under the guidance of Mörkö.  Odd details such as shadows moving independently from their casters, lights flickering, quiet white noise from nowhere in particular, and actors walking backwards combine to cause the audience question their sanity. Infrequently fourth-wall breaking illusions unsettle the audience further.

In the third act, the artifact is tested on Zhìn Réng Jiǎng producing many great insights from its impressive computer-like mind. Then, the gods test the artifact on Meow and complete cHaOs ensues! The space of the stage warps as props sprout ears and tails and everything becomes ears. Then, the chaos spreads from the stage, shifting and bending the whole theatre, producing noise and impossible angles. Many attempt to leave the theatre, but most are too nauseous to navigate to the locked doors. The actors continue the play, almost oblivious to the madness mostly confined outside the fourth wall. Suddenly, unnatural darkness falls upon the theatre. Mörkö's actor provides the ending line "Which is worse, the fear of the unknown or the fear of the known?"

The lights return and the actors line up to fearful applause, bowing. The doors are unlocked and the audience leaves, questioning their sanity. (Credit to <unlisted creator, PM if you are the creator and want to be listed!>)

Meow still tosses a practically indestructible Act 2 master copy to the performers at the end and makes a copy of Act 1 similarly indestructible. (Meow: -0E) Morthan has given the actor playing Morthan a chest filled with gold and jewels and burned down a nearby orphanage. Fortunately for the orphans, Sadiq teleports them to El-Jannah and offers to let them stay as state wards. Morthan claims the burning was intended as a trick to give the orphans a new home. Sadiq has offered all found orphans in the universe citizenship at El-Jannah in exchange for worshiping Sadiq. Many agree, but many others stay behind.

A Crystal-adapted cacao called kokoa has been planted on the crystal moon for the Crystallum to enjoy legally. Following exportation of Energex, concentrated caffeine, by the Crystallum, the caffeine trade has been banned in many states with access to it after an increase in caffeine-related deaths.

Jixiu has created 1500 Chokobos. (Jixiu: -0E)

((Chokobos: 1.2E/10000))

Sadiq has investigated the Chokobos, Efte, Jeskia, and Racha for infertile egg production. None of them appear to lay unfertilized eggs regularly.

Sadiq has also added a number of improvements to El-Jannah in addition to requiring that citizens worship him.

Arkford has personally reviewed Efte and Naedercynn laws and removed 25 new laws forbidding such things as worshipping Don Giovanni, drinking tea, walking an even number of steps (including zero), and rioting on boring days.

Sadiq has hired a team of Haunts from what appears to be a (paid) roadside haunted house to help out with the scarier attractions for the Carnivale.

Sylvan has created another 10000 dryads bonded with yews and 15000 Faceless Treants, soldiers of the Sylvanic Mandate. (Sylvan: -1-1I)

For bodyguards, Sylvan has created 40 Dragontree Augurs Sanguineus, Dragonblood trees blessed with great foresight and formidable defenders of the Forever Biggest Tree.

((tntey: Pantheon entry here works however the specific Pantheon wants it to work.))

After some trouble with power and leadership following an examination by Mörkö, Zenurion has offered to rule the First Pantheon. Srillian has aggravated the issue by presenting what other gods see as the pretentious side of the First Pantheon, inciting Meow to make known the existence of a Carnival of Carnage of some sort. Srillian's speech quickly causes Itia and Isgon to attempt to amend this image, but it only serves to bring the Pantheon's leadership issues back into the spotlight. Srillian continues by threatening Zenurion with exile. Tenat, mostly Zenurion's nemesis up to now, likewise condemns Srillian's behavior. The implications of a partnership between Tenat/Yena and Zenurion have been mentioned as a Horrifying Thing Gods Were Not Meant To Know by a god/goddess/force who prefers to remain nameless.

1000 Lambdent mobsters and 100 Snow Mademen have attacked a Crystallum town! The attackers win with around 50% casualties and the defenders lose with around 80% casualties.

Jens has entered indefinite stasis.
The Deep Elves have struck a massive vein of hematite!
Lolohe is burning and in pain but otherwise unharmed.
Unexpected acid rain has killed off 1473 Crystallum.
The children of Eid's clergy have all burned to death.
A feeling of a malevolent, cruel force washes over all the gods.
The Forgeborn have begun trade relations with the Crystallum.
There is another outbreak of turning into ash. It has killed many thousands.
Consortium adventurers have embarked on a southward expedition to hunt for the elusive ice penguin.
Pùrén and Human protests have slowed down trade for the Human empire and the City of Rule.
Bandit activity has decreased significantly.

Srillian turns its figurative ear for prayers:
#1: "Why is the Spiral Spring of Srillian not a spiral?"
#2: "I have documents here ready for delivery to one Srillian of the First Pantheon. Confirm delivery, please."

Itia looks for more prayers:
#1: "What does that Energex actually do? Why do we have to be careful not to burn it up on the way to the Eden City?"
#2: "Why are there no other people on the Gaian moon?"

Zenurion devours a few prayers:
#1: "O great Zenurion, a priest told me that to drink of your blood will send me into a murderous frenzy, and allow me to better serve you. Will you provide me with some?"
#2: "Mighty Zenurion! I, who am not related to Itia in any way, would like to know what you like most!"

Tenat registers a few prayers:
#1: "Where can we find more magic to power the construct?"
#2: "Help! It's raining acid and we're dying everywhere!"

Zhin senses a few prayers:
#1: "Please let the drawbridge design win! We need a good waste disposal outside the city!"
#2: "The Vault is not letting us access the law records. Can you take them out for us?"

Arkford's guild-raising project has yielded a Guild of Shipwright, a Masons' Guild, and a Cheap Used Goods Distribution Guild.

Prominent this tick is the Snake, symbolizing persistence and siestas.

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Life and Death (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Proposalog (click to show/hide)

Sphere suggestions this Tick for new players: Jewels and Volcanos

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: September 04, 2015, 04:32:43 pm »

"You should not have interfered, Eid. We're even again."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: September 04, 2015, 04:57:32 pm »

[Si]
Gaia, K'ruppt Land, The Black Chamber

"I... don't, know... M-maybe? Wh-why, don't... you... e-explore?"
Si grants #1 a temporary physical body, like a Skizani body. But also grants #1 the ability to walk the other planes, and travel between them, specifically explore the planes of afterlife.
"I-I... see, worlds, that aren't... worlds. Th-they, call them... afterlives. E-explore... them."

"Y-you... have to, earn... it. 10... souls, S-Sisska... souls. B-bring, them... t-to the, K'ruppt... land."
Si grants #2 with a temporary physical body, like #1. But also grants #2 with the ability to collect souls, lost souls.
"I-it... doesn't, last... long... outside, the K-K'ruppt, land. 10 souls, a-and, it's... permanent."

"B-but, you... can walk, K'ruppt, l-land. B-but, not... n-normal... land."
Si erects the Pillar of Physicality on the surface, near the entrance to the Black Chamber.
A pillar which makes all souls nearby become somewhat physical, and those with temporary bodies will restore their physicality, making them keep the body for longer.

"Th-there's, a... pillar. I-it... keeps, you... physical."

Si then sends all 10 souls to the surface, the 8 that were not given bodies, has one made by the Pillar of Physicality's effect.
It's effect extends to all the K'ruppt Land.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: September 04, 2015, 05:56:37 pm »

"That play amused me greatly. A deviation from the original sure, but purrticularly entertaining none the less."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: September 04, 2015, 05:57:06 pm »

"You should not have interfered, Eid. We're even again."
"Interfered? Interfered in what? I'm gonna need some more info."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: September 04, 2015, 06:05:27 pm »

#1: "Where can we find more magic to power the construct?"
#2: "Help! It's raining acid and we're dying everywhere!"
#1: Manifest.  Demonstrate the magical equivalent of a step-up transformer.

#1.5:Alert the Academy that should they attempt to have a monopoly on things that are not AI, Tenat will overrule them.

#1.75:Alert the Academy that they should work with city planners on defenses after the most recent attack on a city.

#1.825:Generate basic defenses for Crystallan cities using mass Chaomancy and Technomancy.  Support this with Flux.

#2:FIX.  THIS.  NOW.  (And do it first.)  Expend all Flux necessary.  Cast chaomancy aimed to cause the cessation of that storm as part of the aforementioned.  Mass-teleport the injured out.  Wonder just how acidic that rain was, because it would have to be rather acidic to BURN THROUGH A STONE ROOF (you know because they live underground?) AND PROBABLY A MOUNTAIN.  Analyze a sample.  Further, distribute blueprints for a sewer system and effective drainage to prevent any acid floods of other towns.

Caffeination: Have the Crystallum apply a magic effect to the bottles such that would an ingestion be harmful, said bottle will not dispense.  Alert the city-states that have banned caffeine that it should be safer now, although magi might be able to tamper with the enchantments on the bottles.  That should probably be kept illegal.

==The Vault==
>Access request registered: Law records: City Of Rule.
>Access requires approval: Zhìn Réng Jiāng (Owner)
>Allow Access Y/N?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 06:09:48 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: September 04, 2015, 06:09:31 pm »

Wonder just how acidic that rain was, because it would have to be rather acidic to BURN THROUGH A STONE ROOF (you know because they live underground?) AND PROBABLY A MOUNTAIN.
(It probably rained inside the cavern or their houses. Gods can do that.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 246