Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many collaborators should [Godslayer] creation require?

0 (total 1)
- 2 (14.3%)
1 (total of 2)
- 4 (28.6%)
2 (total of 3) (current)
- 6 (42.9%)
3 (total of 4)
- 0 (0%)
4 (total of 5)
- 2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 246

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 11.0 Walls and Walls and Walls [29/137]  (Read 279574 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 6.0: Madness! [26/137]
« Reply #1650 on: September 06, 2015, 09:14:45 pm »

>This Aspect sees that it is impossible to convince you that causality has been violated because your internal timeline is in synch with the revised continuum.  This Aspect queries how this came about.

"Or ya could jus' be nutty."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: September 06, 2015, 09:16:26 pm »

"Causality{convenience}; !false{necessity}_
subject type{Gods}_
{possible}Travel:(time:(negative))=true_
action{lesser}={possible}violate:(causality)_"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: September 06, 2015, 10:57:44 pm »

"I fail to see how I have violated causality. The sequence of events was as follows: I was asked a question. I answered the question 'correctly' using an unstable Perception power. This instability caused a minor anomaly in the records. The correct answer was confirmed. The anomaly in my answer stabilized, leaving the correct answer on the records."

"I am sure you have noticed similar unstable anomalies in the records earlier. They are not infallible. For example, you may have noticed in them a few times that Eid would have done or said something, but then it just disappears before one can react to it."

"In the end, the records are merely a Perception of reality, sometimes incomplete, sometimes outright false. Being able to tell what is what is an essential skill."
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 10:59:52 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: September 06, 2015, 11:05:00 pm »

((are we taking the piss out of Andres' incessant editing with our characters now? :P))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: September 06, 2015, 11:08:25 pm »

"We have a god of time do we not? You should ask him if you violated causality."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: September 06, 2015, 11:19:58 pm »

"Ugh, fine. Quelor, did I violate causality?"

"I just do not understand what the problem is. It is as if all the other gods were merely looking at the records all the time, and not at what is actually happening."

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: September 07, 2015, 12:24:13 am »

"Ugh, fine. Quelor, did I violate causality?"

"I just do not understand what the problem is. It is as if all the other gods were merely looking at the records all the time, and not at what is actually happening."
Check whether Morko violated causality and state the result.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1657 on: September 07, 2015, 05:29:42 am »

Quelor: Mörkö did violate linear causality (but not by that much).

But we were so careful!

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: September 07, 2015, 05:51:16 am »

"There we go: linear causality. It is a good thing lateral causality exists. After all, we have had gods countering each other simultaneously with enough time inbetween for a third party to act."

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #1659 on: September 07, 2015, 09:18:16 am »

((This tick is definitely living up to it's name. Madness lies down the path of Quantum mechanics.))

This is very confusing.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: September 07, 2015, 03:22:50 pm »

Use Six Flux to pry off a piece of the Void Edge thing and collect the shards

Use Essence(preferably one or two) to set up various emergency systems and disaster countermeasures within the City, to combat epidemics, fires, natural disasters...basically, an automated system that can react faster than I would be able to to do things within the City that I would normally be able to do. If that makes any sense.

Yes, use Ichor to make up for what I'm missing to do these.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: September 07, 2015, 03:26:53 pm »

Use Six Flux to pry off a piece of the Void Edge thing and collect the shards

Use Essence(preferably one or two) to set up various emergency systems and disaster countermeasures within the City, to combat epidemics, fires, natural disasters...basically, an automated system that can react faster than I would be able to to do things within the City that I would normally be able to do. If that makes any sense.

Yes, use Ichor to make up for what I'm missing to do these.

Tenat shall contribute materially to these efforts should some reciprocity in the form of exported blueprints/mineralogical lifeform adaptations be produced and given to Crystallum, and will contribute support either way.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:32:16 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 7.0 Mania!! [26/137]
« Reply #1662 on: September 07, 2015, 03:43:55 pm »

Tick 7.0: Mania! (Expected Tick duration: 48 hours assuming the usual)

Si has granted soul #1 a temporary physical body like that of a Skizani but allowed it to retain its ability to wander about the afterlives. #2 has been given the ability to shepherd lost souls to fitting afterlives. Si has additionally created a Pillar of Physicality by the Black Chamber's entrance to grant souls on K'ruppt land some measure of corporeality and restore temporary bodies. All souls previously in the chamber have been released to the surface. (Si: -0E) The K'ruppt lands have, as a result, taken on some of the characteristics of an afterlife plane.

Tenat returns answers to prayers:
#1: A demonstration of the magical equivalent of a step-up transformer has resulted in much tinkering for fun but impractical designs. TALOS has finished a prototype technomantic computer. Failed but instructive experiments along the way included attempts to randomly cause magic to concentrate near the construction site and storage of magic in orbs of thin glass. (8) The Academy has redirected their efforts to producing an efficient cost-effective defense system with Tenat's guidance. (Tenat: -1F) Future random disasters may now be redirected if not blocked. Requests for permission to test the system flood the Academy, who spend most of their time outside navigating crowds of eager novices and messengers.
#2: The acid rain has stopped on its own through no effort on anyone's part. It appears the acid rain took the form of tiny clouds hovering over random Crystallum, occasionally flashing illogical lightning. Prior to the acid's disappearance, the acid seems to have been something beyond normal, mundane acids one might find in alchemists' labs. It seems to have been something closer to the idea of acid than acid itself (given that silicates tend to be somewhat resistant to acids).

Tenat has mandated the installation of minor enchantments to block Energex dispensing for caffeine-intolerant buyers. No significant black market seems to have developed (yet?).

Jixiu has found the lost Chokobo soul wandering about in Sheol, searching for a "good afterlife." Jixiu has created the Endless Laboratory, one of the more educational afterlives, for those wanting to improve their scientific skills in death.

The Don has attempted to create 10 000 Noir. (Don Giovanni: -2E, -3I) Isgon opposes this creation, but the Don is supported by Eid and Meow. It seems many of these problems may be avoided with somewhat scaled down Noir that form scaled down replicas of races instead.

Tenat has observed some spirits in the Crystal Garden. They seem not to go back to the mortal world, but this may be because most are decently satisfied by the afterlife, so Tenat has offered the option of reincarnation into empty geodes with retention of memories after being cleared by local authorities.

Talios has banished several questions:
#1: "How interesting! I shall be sure not to tell anyone!"
#2: "AAAARRRGGHHHH!!!!! WHHHHYYYYYYY?!?!?!??!???"

Eid checks on the protests. They seem to be from somewhat misguided folk unhappy with having to give more food/supplies toward projects. Fortunately, Lolohe says that there haven't been any reports of Thannel lynchings or major rioting. Quite a few of the protests do seem to be a result of new town laws banning such things as rowdiness after sunset, drinking more than four cups of wine, and having to burn and dispose of produce with flies around.

Itia has created 59523 Asteroi in the cyan temples of the Star-People and politely requested that they live in peace with them. ((Is this to be considered a public action and therefore a Pantheon creation? @@@ read timestamps)) Additionally, she has taught the Star-People and Asteroi how to make impressive space fireworks.

Itia also elucidates the workings of the universe to some mortals:
#1: "OKAY"
#2: "THAT SOUNDS EXCELLENT THANK YOU ITIA"
Zhìn Réng Jiā is judging the proposed city plans for cost, usefulness, controllability, and FUN potential. These are the results:
  • Gateway town with canals and rafts: medium cost, high usefulness, high controllability, and medium potential for FUN
  • Loop of chariots: low cost, medium usefulness, high controllability, and low potential for fun
  • Portals: medium cost, high usefulness, medium controllability, medium potential for FUN
  • Drawbridge of doom: medium cost, high usefulness, high controllability, high potential for FUN

It seems the individuals attempting to procure the law records are councilors working interested in reviewing the law in light of the recent protests to do something about the possible additions. The protestors seem consist of many misguided, somewhat misinformed smugglers/middlemen who brought goods to and from the interplanetary Gates for the impatient, often at a high premium. The Prince has rejected the councilors' first batch of proposed changes as overly harsh.  (8) Zhìn Réng Jiā  has deployed a calming miracle and returned most of the protestors to productivity. (Zhìn Réng Jiā : -2F)

Zenurion randomly guts a mortal like a pig! SQUEEEAAAAAALL!

Zenurion deals with some prayers:
#1: The petitioner explodes in a pink mist, apparently vaporizing the bottle! (Zenurion: -1I)
#2: "Dunno, but it has nothing to do with Itia!"

Eid attempts to smell Worship and feel Influence. Worship seems to smell like many unshowered crowds and Influence seems to feel like awful neck pain.

(12) Tenat, using 2F, has attempted to compress it into Essence, but it just dissipates in mildly interesting patterns. (Tenat: -2F) Tenat has also attempted to set up a subroutine for intercepting disasters, probably automatically applying 1F to reduce the impact of future disasters.

Tenat examines the creations of Sadiq. They seem very productive.

Eid decides to automatically update Lolohe on god stuff. Lolohe is mildly irritated by the extra workload from information even Eid probably thinks isn't useful when he has governers to shake down for late taxes, protests to calm, meetings to attend, and all sorts of other business. He says if he wants to know about the gods' antics, he can just go arrange a meeting watching the latest installment of Madness of the Gods.

Sadiq has started the Grand Revelry, a many-month festival in El-Jannah, and sent invitations to all known gods and angesl. Sadiq has even spent 1E on creating the greatest festival in the worlds! (Sadiq: -1E) Mörkö attends and mixes various cocktails for the mortals and, in a separate section, mixes drinks for the gods. Meow rides on someone's head passing out headcats like cheap caffeine, and there seem to be a lot of cats on people's heads anyway. Itia attends as a giant Star-Person, spreads knowledge on making fireworks, and provides some demonstrations. Jixiu, too, attends the celebration, playing music and chatting up random partygoers. Wángzǐ attends, ostensibly to "investigate the use of celebrations to control unrest." Little time passes before Wángzǐ's head grows a cat. Arkford attends the Revelry and seems to find the new glass goblets irresistible to play with. Tenat attends as a floating set of crystals and has arranged a quiet rest area with crystalline decor and crystal clean water along with nutritious Crystallum cuisine. Mörkö seems to be moonlighting as a shadowy lurker, moonshining, or maybe both at the Revelry. Veles has poured himself a divine drink, possibly displaying distrust in Mörkö's  skill and intentions in taking the time to mix drinks. Veles proves to be an excellent drink mixer, but his choice in drinks seems faulty and leaves many drinkers ranting. The Don has produced a catnip-based drink for the surprisingly teetotal Meow and left.

Zenurion is conspicuously absent from the Revelry.

Eid has resurrected the burnt children of the priests. (Eid: -0E)

Torqal has hunted down a penguin! Torqal kills it slowly, letting it rot to death.

((Records updated: Yena -> Tenat))

In response to Eid's question, Lolohe says he can hear what the gods say and pre
vented the child's death as murder is illegal in his kingdom.

Sylvan has created 6500 more Dryads and 6500 more Faceless Treants. These Dryads are mostly bound to Banyan trees and spread along major trade routes. (Sylvan: -1I) The Treants have been given orders to wage war on lumberjacks and forest fires (presumably in areas where most trees don't require them to spread), beginning the age of Tree Law.

Arkford has increased the Naedercynns' fertility significantly and Tenat has increased the Crystallums' fertility similarly. (Arkford: -1E, Tenat: -1E)

Zhìn Réng Jiǎng's  investigation of the Pùrà ©n'sdecreasing piety reveals that races drifting away from creator is a common phenomenon among the races and faster among the less pious ones. Their protests about the "taxes" seem mostly unjustified and based on misunderstandings about City improvements.

Arkford has created the Engine Room, a tinker's paradise where mortals can design and create strange, wonderful inventions. Tenat has connected the Crystal Gardens to the Engine Room but prevented sounds from traveling between the two.

(14) Srillian has bestowed a significant fertility blessing on the Spirallions and spread spiral-based plantlife a lot. (Srillian: -7F)

The Don has created the Netto, leathery toy raptors who hunt in packs. Those on Boreas/the Ice Planet are more warm-blooded than their fair-weathered cousins.

Veles investigates the Kitsoony who persist in disobeying the recommendation against seeking contracts outside the Forum. It appears many of these contracts promise extravagant rewards for seemingly low amounts of work.

The Kitsoonies around BroadRoad are pleased with their lives but wish for more real life excitement.

Veles travels the world, pranking mortals and rewarding the good sports with minor blessings and the reveal that they were just pranked by a god in person.

Morthan has begun looking for the most attractive woman of Gaia, Boreas, and Eden. An ascension scuffle has erupted as a consequence. Mörköhas decided to drop silver bananas, the Bananas of Discord, addressed to "the Most Beautiful One" on all three worlds. Morthan's minor ascension scuffle has escalated to a minor border war. This is where we get the expression "to go bananas."

Mörkö has disrupted the timeline slightly at Eid's prompting.Talios expresses annoyance at this development and hides in a gloomy building. The Don seems annoyed by the ononononononononononononexistence of cat magic and has turned Talios' sanctuary into a mental institution in which Talios is either the first patient, the first doctor, or maybe both at once.

Srillian wanders the lands of the Spirallion and other First Pantheon races, looking for the most valiant and inventive and searching for problems. First among the problems seems to be the fact that no one knows much about the Spirallions. Quite a few valiant or inventive people turn up, fortunately.

Jixiu is working on prosthetic hands for the Chokobos (hopefully better than beaks). An intelligent Chokobo has received the plans and begun attempting to create a set but unfortunately lacks hands.

Talios checks on the Elf-Kin. The Deep Elves mostly seem to be carving out expansive mountain cities which the High Elves rule from. The influential High Elves seem to have assembled into ruling councils whose rulings are backed by patrols of roving recently-dead.

Reports emerge of those who died troubled deaths returning to haunt the living.
Lolohe is on fire but not hurting again after a brief pause and says "Why, Eid? Was it funny when Morthan did it?"

Arkford, Talios, Jixiu,Don Giovanni, Itia, Zenurion, Meow, Sylvan, Morthan, Tenat, and Zhìn Réng Jiǎng are awaiting their prayers.

Arkford's guild-raising project has yielded a Seers' Guild, the Guild of Old Laborers, and a Priestley Guilde of Alchemey.

Prominent this tick is the Singularity, symbolizing technology and the fear of the unknown.

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Life and Death (click to show/hide)

ADMIN CNCL004.01: Remove unpassed obsolete proposals [PASSED]
[/spoiler]

Spoiler: Proposalog (click to show/hide)

Sphere suggestions this Tick for new players: Loyalty and Games

--LOTS MORE TO COME--

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: September 07, 2015, 03:55:25 pm »

==Proposal Stuff==
6.01: SUPPORT
6.16: SUPPORT
6.11: OPPOSE.  Waste of time.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: September 07, 2015, 04:01:32 pm »

Support CNCL6.01.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 246