Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [MOVED] Meteor?  (Read 1725 times)

sisso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[MOVED] Meteor?
« on: August 19, 2015, 07:54:52 pm »

I am playing masterworks with gnomes and from nothing some guys start to die. When I came to the surface I saw a ball of lava. There is no volcano on this map, I only have magma on the magma sea.

I didn't find nothing at announcements. Now expect that my gnomes survive the tantrum when the ashes go down;

Someone already seen something like this? It is a bug? Feature?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Meteor?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 10:52:41 pm »

Usually Masterwork questions should go in the Masterwork sub-forum.  That out of the way, I haven't played around with the newer versions of MW, but there are several things that can be used to 'create' molten rock (via advanced DFHack functions) so there is a strong possibility that one of those actions occurred, or that it had some form of error.

Edit: On review of your image, you have a combat report waiting, do you have hunters out on the map?  One of the Masterwork modders may have added a roaming entity that spawns magma on death, they do things like that.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:59:18 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

sisso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOVED] Meteor?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 07:27:44 am »

Thanks NullForceOmega, topic moved.

Yeah, I think that should be related with masterworks. I post it more about the fun that investigate.

But if someone is interested It is MDF v6.2.

No hunters.

I saw some firebirds and thieves around the area when it happens. I will try to take a second look on reports later.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [MOVED] Meteor?
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 11:49:28 am »

I have not personally written the gnomes, but magma is unusual. There are no magma-spawning animals in the game. I guess if you build a drill and bored into a magma lake you would have noticed.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 09:28:12 pm »

Usually Masterwork questions should go in the Masterwork sub-forum.  That out of the way, I haven't played around with the newer versions of MW, but there are several things that can be used to 'create' molten rock (via advanced DFHack functions) so there is a strong possibility that one of those actions occurred, or that it had some form of error.

Edit: On review of your image, you have a combat report waiting, do you have hunters out on the map?  One of the Masterwork modders may have added a roaming entity that spawns magma on death, they do things like that.
How can you see that there's combat reports just from the main screen?
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

sisso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 09:34:46 pm »

How can you see that there's combat reports just from the main screen?

The red C on upper left