Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Force generation of specific stone types?  (Read 1549 times)

withoutamartyr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Force generation of specific stone types?
« on: August 20, 2015, 01:54:35 am »

I'm attempting my first mod, and I've edited the raws for inorganic materials, but none of the 10 worlds I've generated have had the materials I added. I can't tell if this means I did it wrong or if I'm getting unlucky with the generation.

Is there a way to force specific stone layers, so I can test if materials were included properly?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Force generation of specific stone types?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 03:59:46 am »

You could use DFHack to spawn in your stone (using gui/hack-wish or gui/create-item, depending on what it's called in the current release); if it doesn't do so, you did something wrong.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 05:27:30 am »

If you can spawn the boulders but they don't show up in worldgen then check the ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENT_SPEC tags.  You might have accidentally created very rare or impossible conditions for placing the minerals.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 06:51:45 am »

Please post your raws, otherwise no one can outline potential mistakes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::