Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: To Kill a Bronze Colossus  (Read 1986 times)

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
To Kill a Bronze Colossus
« on: August 20, 2015, 11:03:40 am »

Day 1:
Asked around, was told about some kobolds to the northwest. Ventured north, along the lake, and stopped at a hamlet just before the camp.

Day 2:
Attacked the camp in early morning, left no survivors. Went back to village I'd just rested at. "It was inevitable." Was told about a Bronze Colossus by the name of Sculptedsharks, residing in a place called Stabmasters far to the east. I will set out in the morning.

Day 3:
Set out in search of Stabmasters with my band of four. Stopped a few hamlets to the east for some water at a river. Tried to travel through a storm, couldn't find way. Stopped at a hamlet named Reignmerchants for the night.

Day 4:
Stopped to cross an drink from a river just outside of Reignmerchants. Stopped in a hillock named Gearlove for the night. The dwarves there were very friendly people.

Day 5:
Traveled up and down mountain range looking for a pass all day. Stopped in another hillock for the night.

Day 6:
Traveled north, going to go around the mountains. Decided to hunt just on the outskirts of a hillock. Came upon a group of boars, chased down and killed one. Should have enough meat for the trip now. Got caught in the mountain range at night, had to backtrack to a hillock to sleep. I have traveled far north of Stabmasters, now I must venture southeast.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
Re: To Kill a Bronze Colossus
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 11:04:31 am »

It's kind of annoying having to stop to drink every five seconds. Is there any way to just turn off thirst for adventurer mode? I still want to keep hunger though because I think having to hunt for sustenance or at least buy it makes for good RP.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 11:12:30 am »

Assuming you aren't abusing the empty waterskin on the ground > fill from puddle, add no_drink to your adventurer race?

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 01:51:57 pm »

To Kill a Bronze Colossus

I've heard that a Fluffy Wambler to the head works wonders.
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 04:50:33 pm »

It's kind of annoying having to stop to drink every five seconds. Is there any way to just turn off thirst for adventurer mode? I still want to keep hunger though because I think having to hunt for sustenance or at least buy it makes for good RP.

open your creature_standard files. Search for whatever race you want to fix it and add [NO_DRINK] somewhere in its entry.

Also works with [NO_EAT] and [NO_SLEEP]

Don't try that fro dwarves though it messes up fortress mode.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 05:26:53 pm »

Silver Whips work wonders on Bronze Colossi.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!