Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: New Succession Mod Thread  (Read 6760 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
New Succession Mod Thread
« on: August 20, 2015, 05:34:44 pm »

A few months ago Urist McCoder started a succession mod thread, since then he's stopped updating the main post and given me permission to start a new thread for this managed by myself.

Link to original thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150435.0
Here's the original description of the succession mod which I'll continue following for this thread.

Rules

So here are the rules, we start with a df file with only basic raws meaning plants, inorganics, reactions, buildings, tissue templates, descriptors,  body detail plans, and maybe some others, dfhack installed. each turn is four (4) real life days, then after the person's turn is up they post it on dffd for the next person to take there turn, then repeat. you may make small tweaks for compatibility but you can't outright destroy, rename, or any way deface the people before you's work. you are required to add a mega-beast named after you. Once your turn is up please write a short summary of what you did.

Signing up

Just post below if you want to sign up, If you want a certain spot just say so I will try to accommodate you. If for some reason you can't take your turn/can't complete your turn you will be readded to the list at the end, if you so wish.

I'd like to add that everybody upon completion of their turn should add a text file to the main directory that says what they changed or added. This could be all the same text file with different sections for each version, but in the most recent version I was the only person to write what I changed into a text file which is called vjmdhzgr changelog, so we could also have individual text files. It would help to say what was changed in a forum post along with the upload as well.

Most Recent Version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftenf5fru7htaqa/Bocks%20of%20mod.zip?dl=0

Turns:
1.drone1230 Did not complete
2.Urist McCoder Half done
3.FlameandFury Needs another turn
4.snail555 Did not complete
5.drone1230 skipped
6.ruludos skipped
7.vjmdhzgr done
8.endlessblaze skipped
9.Urist McFluffles skipped
10.putman done
11.Eric Blank done
12.souleater17 skipped
13.flameandfury skipped
14.Urist McCoder done
15.alfrodo done
16.stagnantSoul skipped
17.NJW2000 delayed
18.Gwolfski delayed
19.Teneb done
20.Lymia
21.Vjmdhzgr
22.UnicodingUnicorn
23.Urlance Woolsbane
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 05:37:13 pm by vjmdhzgr »
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: New Succession Mod Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 12:21:09 pm »

Sign me up.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 12:24:50 pm »

Old one, we want to finish this... whatever it is.
One wheel short of a wagon

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 03:52:07 pm »

so you baqsically just mod stuff in during your turn?

wanna go pls
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 03:53:09 pm »

I still want to sign up.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 04:09:01 pm »

Well I guess the only person of the three to say anything said to use the old mod, so I guess I'll do that. I'll have the list ready in a few minutes.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Lymia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 05:49:06 am »

Interesting... I think I'll take a shot at this~

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 07:05:51 pm »

alright I am taking my turn now

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 02:51:02 pm »

It sounds cool, but I don't think I'll have time to play for awhile... 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 05:24:34 pm »

Alright Urist you will be expected to submit your version of the file today or tomorrow and then we'll move onto alfrodo.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 05:27:10 pm »

Yep I'll post here in an hour or two

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 05:28:20 pm »

Btw, if my turn comes up next week, I won't be able to take it. But I should be able to do some stuff, if ant any other time.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 10:13:57 am »

Yep I'll post here in an hour or two
It's been about 15 hours now. Next up is alfrodo who hasn't posted in this thread yet so I'll PM them and if there's no reply in... two days? That seems alright, then we'll skip to stagnantSoul. Who also hasn't posted in this thread yet.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 10:17:15 am »

I'm sorry my laptop is having wifi for problems

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 03:37:23 pm »

I'm sorry my laptop is having wifi for problems
Are you going to be able to upload it at all? If the problems continue you could copy the changes into
Code: [Select]
some of these and the next person could make those changes before their own.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4