Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I enlarge true type fonts or... everything?  (Read 3223 times)

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
How do I enlarge true type fonts or... everything?
« on: December 27, 2015, 03:12:51 pm »

I'm playing adventure mode after a break for the past year or two, and maybe I've just forgotten how to do this. But everything on the screen is so tiny, and my eyes aren't what they used to be. Experimenting with the resolution in the Lazy Newb Pack hasn't seemed to help. What am I missing?

I switched to the Spacefox graphics pack, because that seems clearer to me. The images are still very small - smaller than I'd like - but workable, if there's no easy way to enlarge them a bit. But the text was really messed up (and still is, in things like the help windows), so I changed to True Type fonts. That's much clearer, but the text is very, very tiny. How do I enlarge that?

The wiki says I can "Replace font.ttf in data/art with your new font," but I'm afraid I need more information than that. What new font? Where do I get it? Sorry, but I stopped paying attention to this kind of thing when computers stopped using DOS.  :)

It's hell getting old. But better than the alternative, I guess...

Bill

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I enlarge true type fonts or... everything?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 03:19:51 pm »

Mouse wheel.

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
Re: How do I enlarge true type fonts or... everything?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 05:35:09 pm »

Mouse wheel.

Oh, that's hilarious! So simple, yet it didn't even occur to me. Thanks much!