Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Phoebus & TWBT [40.24] - New machinery, new bridges, new workshops  (Read 83533 times)

Doren

• Bay Watcher
  • On closer inspection, that dog is a dwarf
    • View Profile

Links:
ver.2 at Mediafire
ver.2 at DFFD

I was seeking for a TWBT tileset to use with Phoebus' graphics for a month or so. There's quite a few of them and they needed  reworking to fit them for use with Phoebus because they looked kind of messy when you install them as is.
So all i left to do is to draw my own tiles. As you see this tileset is kinda untidy but i think it is already playable at this point so i want to share what i've got

No raws were changed so they should be identical to the Phoebus' ones. There are some minor changes in inits (i.e. reverted the mine tracks tiles from inverted back to normal), so please be aware of it if you are using other mods.

Here are some screenshots of what's done so far:

Spoiler: Overall look (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Machinery and bridges (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Siege machines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Proper ramp tracks (click to show/hide)

Changes
ver.2

Added rails
Changed trees
Added mushrooms
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:02:07 am by Doren »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Phoebus & TWBT anyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 09:43:42 pm »

I don't use phoebus anymore but I gotta give you mad props for the uh... windmill props and geartrain with the pump animations.

Someone should light the Meph signal.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 01:53:57 am »

I don't use phoebus anymore but I gotta give you mad props for the uh... windmill props and geartrain with the pump animations.

Someone should light the Meph signal.
Been here before you. :P Really love the bridges and my reaction to the axles/gears was "wtf, why has no one thought of that one before?"

I was mostly waiting for more screenshots, I dont know what all the tiles are... for example bottom left, looks like walls (?) or the six similar-looking tiles center right, windmill (?)

But I see correctly that you managed to override vanilla buildings with unique tiles? I thought mifki had not released that yet?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Doren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 03:39:00 am »

I was mostly waiting for more screenshots, I dont know what all the tiles are... for example bottom left, looks like walls (?) or the six similar-looking tiles center right, windmill (?)

But I see correctly that you managed to override vanilla buildings with unique tiles? I thought mifki had not released that yet?

Center right is windmill of course, and bottom left tiles are for siege buildings.
And no, mifki haven't released anything new yet, so i could only replace existing tiles with new ones. As you might notice, all workshops have the same tile arrangement and colouring as they would in vanilla DF.
Also these workshops have a somewhat disturbing behaviour - they also replace any item or creature that step onto them, if they happen to match the workshop's override settings.

Also another screenshot

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 04:13:05 am »

Thanks. :) The ballista looks great.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 03:34:09 am »

Yeah this is pretty sweet. Good thing you didn't wait longer ;).

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 12:57:27 pm »

I use phoebus in my not-released version of The Fall. This looks majestic. May I include the overrides in the next release of The Fall?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

daagar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 01:41:31 pm »

Wait wait wait... identifiable workshops!? I think of all tilesets, awesome as they are, the limitations around workshops has been the most annoying. This seems to go a long way to fixing that! Do gemset, do gemset! :)

Doren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 02:41:20 pm »

I use phoebus in my not-released version of The Fall. This looks majestic. May I include the overrides in the next release of The Fall?
Of course, use it as you want to.

Wait wait wait... identifiable workshops!? I think of all tilesets, awesome as they are, the limitations around workshops has been the most annoying. This seems to go a long way to fixing that! Do gemset, do gemset! :)
I thought Gemset is already a TWBT tileset. Does it really need further modifications?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 02:52:43 pm »

DragondePlatino is waiting for a release of Twbt that allows unique workshops regardless of tilenumbers. As you said, the tiles are shared between workshops; he wants to do it even more elaborate and is therefore waiting for mifkis next release.

Doren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 03:03:58 pm »

I have absolutely no clue of how do DFhack or TWBT work, so i cannot speed up the release in any way. We can only suggest DragonDePlatino rendering workshops my simple way, but im pretty sure he knows better.

Doren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Phoebus & TWBT [40.24] - New machinery, new bridges, new workshops
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 11:55:13 pm »

A small update with tracks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 12:08:35 am »

Once you are done it would make good sense to single out every workshop, make a large pictures just with the workshops and no background. Like a legend, telling people which is which.

Doren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 02:10:40 pm »

Once you are done it would make good sense to single out every workshop, make a large pictures just with the workshops and no background. Like a legend, telling people which is which.

Something like this?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 02:39:39 pm »

Exactly. :D Perfect.
Pages: [1] 2 3