Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rogue System, a DCS-like in space  (Read 4150 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue System, a DCS-like in space
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 03:50:00 pm »

I am definitely not the target audience of this game.

I already was lost the last time I played a game where the entire gimmick was that you were on one giant fully simulated space ship.

Man this ship is so inefficient

I somehow suspect the Space shuttle had simpler controls then this. You didn't have to go through 5 buttons just to turn on the cockpit light.

Yeah this game flat out has no mass appeal. It definitely needs its own cult following.

Yeah if you don't LOVE that first video... Don't get the game. You have to LOVE button pressing action.
You do know there will be or there is already an automatic startup sequence right?
I didn't know this.

It is such a well hidden secret I am going to ask for proof.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 02:06:36 pm »

Im more interested in the ship systems being simulated aspect than the copius button pressing. After all, buttons that dont do anything meaningful when pressed are pointless.

I also like the internal cockpit.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 06:34:21 pm »

I am definitely not the target audience of this game.

I already was lost the last time I played a game where the entire gimmick was that you were on one giant fully simulated space ship.

Man this ship is so inefficient

I somehow suspect the Space shuttle had simpler controls then this. You didn't have to go through 5 buttons just to turn on the cockpit light.

Yeah this game flat out has no mass appeal. It definitely needs its own cult following.

Yeah if you don't LOVE that first video... Don't get the game. You have to LOVE button pressing action.
You do know there will be or there is already an automatic startup sequence right?
I didn't know this.

It is such a well hidden secret I am going to ask for proof.
It was in one of the earlier devlog video, wich one i cannot remember but he said that mostly everything can be automated if the ship support it, should something happens to your electronics or well emp or who the hell knows, you can always go for manual override, or if you are really crazy control everything manually if you so desire.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2015, 06:47:32 am »

just discovered this! it's awesome

has this been linked before? the 'turn on your ship' tutorial to start up: bazillions buttons!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=71&v=TGFlrRfVeNA

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2015, 01:38:57 pm »

May I ask what this was?
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 10:39:15 am »

PTW because I like Rogues, but I really love Systems.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2015, 11:44:14 am »

May I ask what this was?

Goodness it was a positively ANCIENT game... It would take me a while to find. It is kind of a point and click where your ship is constantly invaded, but you can drive off invasion by using the guns on the ship.
Pages: 1 [2]