Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lighting issues with Rendmax - Masterwork 34.11  (Read 1248 times)

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lighting issues with Rendmax - Masterwork 34.11
« on: August 22, 2015, 05:42:04 am »

I decided to stick with 34.11 since it has so much more content than Reborn atm (really want the harder farming smithing etc.). Anyway in 34.11, I am using Rendmax and as instructed in the tooltip, Standard for Print Mode and TTF off.

As I play, I find that the light around my cursor at night sometimes is way off from the actual cursor. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen and if I scroll to the side of the screen when its like that DF will crash.

Also, as time goes on, the lighting messes up and day is still night and only light works around the lakes. Completely quitting the game and coming back doesn't fix it. Any advice?

I have an Nvidia GTX 880 vid card.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 05:52:56 am by crazz2323 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Lighting issues with Rendmax - Masterwork 34.11
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 07:24:11 am »

That might have to do with mousequery.dll being replaced with a twbt version. Even with twbt off, it still replaces the plugin. Try "mousequery disable"

Never heard about lights going out.

Unfortunately if there are issues, it's unlikely that they'd be resolved, because Warmist, the author of the plugin (Rendermax), is rather inactive and probably has better things to do than bug-hunting in an outdated version of Rendermax.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 05:12:18 pm »

OK, thanks. I will give it a go. didnt see an option in your settings so I just typed it in DFhack.

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 05:42:07 pm »

Didn't seem to work but thanks. It is tolerable but I do wish there was a way to brighten up the rendermax lighting a bit. Outside its not too too bad but inside its pretty dark all the time. Good motivation to build candelabra's etc but it would take a bit to light it all up. This is an example. Also, night (lighting wise) sometimes seems to last a very long time. Is that normal?

« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:14:56 pm by crazz2323 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 12:14:52 am »

That looks perfectly normal. It's always night underground. Sun only shines outside.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 05:01:30 pm »

OK, thanks realistically it is accurate (dark inside) but just wanted to make sure. Really looking forward to your updated reborn version. Thanks for all your hard work on it!

Gem Hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 04:04:35 pm »

I lurk on these forums, but I have to say something about this. I have something like this happening too, and deactivating mousequery did nothing. This is a screenshot of the surface in my current game.

As you can see, the light from the river is not in the right place, and is moving with the screen, down below on the lowest surface level there is light as well, while the light for the cursor is far away from the cursor. It seems to only do this in the middle of the map, and works fine in other areas where my Dwarves have not been. I have had this problem for a long time with Rendermax, and have not been able to fix it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:13:07 pm by Gem Hound »