Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: My Roguelike with procedural monsters, engravings and statues "RLDR"  (Read 13263 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: My roguelike "Roguelegends: Dark Realms"
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2020, 11:02:32 pm »

Finally got around to trying this after downloading it the other day, and pretty much the first thing I did was wander down a tunnel and pick up a book, apparently a somewhat meta guide to the game itself, and, upon figuring out how to interact with the items in my inventory, hitting the '0' key and eating it.   

10/10 would use the one resource that might have helped me learn to survive as a snack again.   
I actually lol'd when that happened. Mmm, book bindings.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2020, 10:57:14 am »

Thanks! SOmeone actually just did a video review of it too :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9oGzrSK9s8

(Also RLDR can be played entirely with the mouse instead of keyboard if you want)

I am also posting a new update after work today at some point
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 11:05:19 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2020, 05:39:16 pm »

https://untrustedlife.itch.io/roguelegends-dark-realms-0182/devlog/184432/rldr-version-0226-edgre-released-much-better-dungeons-new-areas-more-special-rooms-and-much-much-more
The public release of the new version of RLDR! With a completely rewritten and improved dungeon generator lots of proc gen fixes and a whole new dungeon branch! And a new win condition for the peasant class that even has voice acting!
Modify message
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
I am an indie game dev!

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: My Roguelike with procedural monsters, engravings and statues "RLDR"
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2021, 05:46:39 pm »

Update HYPE ;D

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
I am an indie game dev!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2021, 09:23:25 am »

Liked the aesthetic, wasnt good enough at it to want to keep playing.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2021, 01:53:14 pm »

So I gave this a try and I really liked it. Even though the first thing I did was accidentally choke to death on my own armor, which was funny but not particularly thematic. Selecting different items in the inventory screen using the mouse is kinda weird, I keep selecting one of the options instead if I try clicking directly on it, which was how my very first action in the game was trying to eat my squire's armor when I was just trying to examine everything in my inventory.

9/10 would perish in incomprehensible alien dimensions again.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2021, 04:37:10 am »

Liked the aesthetic, wasnt good enough at it to want to keep playing.

Maybe try a different class? They impact things very significantly. Also USE YOUR RUNES!
Even the push rune increases your survival significantly since you can knock enemies into walls and stunlock them and such. You have to use your runes if you want to get anywhere.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 04:39:47 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2021, 04:38:08 am »

So I gave this a try and I really liked it. Even though the first thing I did was accidentally choke to death on my own armor, which was funny but not particularly thematic. Selecting different items in the inventory screen using the mouse is kinda weird, I keep selecting one of the options instead if I try clicking directly on it, which was how my very first action in the game was trying to eat my squire's armor when I was just trying to examine everything in my inventory.

9/10 would perish in incomprehensible alien dimensions again.

Do you mean you couldn't select new items? Can you explain this a bit more maybe with a screenshot. Might be a new bug with the changes i made to inventory a couple releases ago and if it is i can probably fix it pretty fast. This is the first time i've heard of this issue (which is why more people should be willing to give feedback)
Glad you are enjoying it though!

EDIT:

OH! I found the bug! ill throw out a bug fix right now with this. Sorry for the UI inconvenience. I wish someone had pointed this out earlier!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 04:55:43 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2021, 04:50:53 am »

Well, in the bag screen, the items are listed along the left, and actions to be done with this items along the right. I clicked on my armor, then clicked on examine, read that, then right clicked to get out of the examine window and back to the bag screen. The armor is still selected. Then I click on one of my other items along the left side to try to select it, but instead the game interprets this as clicking on an action, I shove my armor down my throat and die.

Just start a new game, make a human squire, then use mouse controls to open the bag, select the squire armor, then try to select the rusty sword. This will result in death.

Another thing I noticed that's not directly related is I think when you close the bag with an item selected, that item will still be selected if you open the bag by pressing [B] on the keyboard, but not if you click on the bag button. Not exactly a big problem but it's odd.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2021, 04:59:30 am »

Well, in the bag screen, the items are listed along the left, and actions to be done with this items along the right. I clicked on my armor, then clicked on examine, read that, then right clicked to get out of the examine window and back to the bag screen. The armor is still selected. Then I click on one of my other items along the left side to try to select it, but instead the game interprets this as clicking on an action, I shove my armor down my throat and die.

Just start a new game, make a human squire, then use mouse controls to open the bag, select the squire armor, then try to select the rusty sword. This will result in death.

Another thing I noticed that's not directly related is I think when you close the bag with an item selected, that item will still be selected if you open the bag by pressing [B] on the keyboard, but not if you click on the bag button. Not exactly a big problem but it's odd.

The bug has now been fixed! Please redownload! And thanks for taking the time to point out the issue to me!  :)
https://untrustedlife.itch.io/roguelegends-dark-realms-0182/devlog/226098/hotfix-update
I am an indie game dev!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5