Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modded Entities, Good & Evil Biomes  (Read 1803 times)

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modded Entities, Good & Evil Biomes
« on: August 22, 2015, 03:03:41 pm »

Sorry, was unable to find this by searching:

what determines whether a custom modded entity will settle in good/evil biomes in addition to / instead of neutral ones? (I mean actually settle there, not just have access to animals/plants/wood)
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Lymia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Entities, Good & Evil Biomes
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 03:07:36 pm »

Are you sure having good/evil materials available doesn't automatically let them settle there? I don't see any tags that look like they could do that in particular. I might need to experiment a little.

Edit: I moved the good material tags from the elves to the humans, and the humans settled all over a good region on the map. It's probably that.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 03:15:26 pm by Lymia »

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 03:22:39 pm »

Are you sure having good/evil materials available doesn't automatically let them settle there? I don't see any tags that look like they could do that in particular. I might need to experiment a little.

Edit: I moved the good material tags from the elves to the humans, and the humans settled all over a good region on the map. It's probably that.

Thanks for the help! :).
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Lymia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 03:24:00 pm »

Did you test it and find out that it's creature tags? What I mean is that I moved the [USE_GOOD_ANIMALS] [USE_GOOD_PLANTS] [USE_GOOD_WOOD] tags from the elf entity to the human entity and found humans in a good biome.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 03:55:03 pm »

Did you test it and find out that it's creature tags? What I mean is that I moved the [USE_GOOD_ANIMALS] [USE_GOOD_PLANTS] [USE_GOOD_WOOD] tags from the elf entity to the human entity and found humans in a good biome.
Yeah, I misread at first, which is why I edited my post -- but didn't edit it quickly enough, apparently :). your second post crossed with my edit.