Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: More Ways to Enjoy Corpses  (Read 10121 times)

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
More Ways to Enjoy Corpses
« on: August 22, 2015, 10:18:30 pm »

I've been trying to figure out a number of reactions now for 40.24, and I've finally got the bugs worked out, so I wanted to share the results.
Thanks to Dirst for his troubleshooting on another matter that inadvertently helped with this, and to Meph's awesome code in Masterwork, which helped me put this together.

1) Turning your Enemies into Roads, Walls, and More
(inspired by Sedlec Ossuary)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2) Butcher Corpses into BONEMEAL FUEL
(inspired by MBM)

3) Get Blood and make some Blood Sausage
(or just paint everything in blood)

I'd also highly suggest combining this with the Pedestal module from Modest Mod, so that you can put your skull totems on pedestals alongside your bone block road. Which you then bathe in blood while you dine on blood stew.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 11:06:19 am by Jazzeraint »
The silver is responsible for this How?

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
Re: More Ways to Enjoy Corpses
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 05:17:49 am »

The mod seems useful - but, my God, that title...

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 10:59:15 am »

You should have seen the first incarnation of it...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 11:05:32 am »

You should have seen the first incarnation of it...
You tease!
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 07:01:50 pm »

Bonemeal fuel sounds like exactly what I need for my woodless civ...
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 08:07:54 pm »

You tease!

Well, for you, Meph~

Corpses and You: Three New Ways to Use and Love Dead Bodies

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 11:51:16 pm »

You tease!

Well, for you, Meph~

That doesn't seem like an improvement.  Seems very DF, though.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 12:06:15 am »

You tease!

Well, for you, Meph~

Sweet. Tried hard to find an inuendo?  8)

Anyway, why is there no bone to bonemeal (flux) reaction? That was done historically, by grinding it up and baking it. And once we are at it, why not make clothing from the skin of the invaders, since you already turn their bodies, bones and bloods into stuff.

Still missing a use for totems. I could envision making flasks from them, to drink the blood-wine out. Oh wait, you dont have blood-wine yet. Shame. Maybe an oil-candle in a skull, using their bodies fat to make oil first?

Come one, there are a lot more ways to enjoy corpses! :P
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 01:20:17 am »

Anyway, why is there no bone to bonemeal (flux) reaction? That was done historically, by grinding it up and baking it.

Was it? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere as being a prime cement or mortar building material, nor in metallurgy reactions.

And once we are at it, why not make clothing from the skin of the invaders, since you already turn their bodies, bones and bloods into stuff.

We already do that. At the Tannery.

Still missing a use for totems. I could envision making flasks from them, to drink the blood-wine out.

I've been tinkering around with skulls a lot, but to no avail thus far. As mentioned, though, totems go great into Pedestals.

Oh wait, you dont have blood-wine yet. Shame. Maybe an oil-candle in a skull, using their bodies fat to make oil first?

Blood sausage isn't good enough for you? :P I'll take a look at the history for that.

Rendered fat is tallow, which is clearly CANDLE_MAT. That's a given!

Come one, there are a lot more ways to enjoy corpses! :P

I'll have to make a specific MEPH_CORPSE reaction~

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 05:23:33 am »

I'll have to make a specific MEPH_CORPSE reaction~
Is that a threat?

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 11:22:15 am »

By the way, people have been bugging for taxodermy in the suggestions thread.  You could add a simple corpse statue reaction to make those.  Maybe a little something to turn totems into statues too. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 11:43:45 am »

By the way, people have been bugging for taxodermy in the suggestions thread.  You could add a simple corpse statue reaction to make those.  Maybe a little something to turn totems into statues too.
i was looking into that, its very hard to write, because the statues dont resemble the animal used.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2015, 01:03:24 am »

i was looking into that, its very hard to write, because the statues dont resemble the animal used.

Oh right, it would only be made of corpse, but they would still make them into whatever shapes they want.  Bummer. 

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2015, 05:18:45 am »

The same problem afflicts bronze colossi, whose corpse item often ends up being a statue of bats or something.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2015, 11:58:35 am »

My idea was to make a reaction for each animal. ^^ But since CORPSE:NONE:CREATURE:CREATURE_ID:NONE doesnt work, they do accept any corpse as reagent, which means I'd have to give each creature their own material with a unique reaction_class, to keep that apart; then using them to make custom TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_STATUE_CREATURE_ID.

I just figured dfhack would be the more reasonable solution, maybe someone writes a script that forces statue design.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4