Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do adventurers keep their items in fortress mode?  (Read 1167 times)

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do adventurers keep their items in fortress mode?
« on: August 23, 2015, 05:38:45 am »

lets say i had a dwarf with full steel equipment in adventure mode, then i retire him in a village. when i start a fort and he shows up will he keep said equipment OR,

if i had a goblin with full steel equipment and i retire him could he show up with steel equipment to ambush or siege me?

i have had a idea floating around where i would start a fort make a bunch of steel weapons then start a lot of goblin adventurers who will steal said weapons, then start a new fort and have them show up in ambushes and stuff with bad ass weapons to create lots of !FUN!
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do adventurers keep their items in fortress mode?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 09:44:39 am »

No to your dwarf turning up in steel. I had a dwarf adventurer who had full iron. When he migrated to my fort he had regular clothing and hydra bone jewelry

vbuss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 03:36:47 pm »

If I retire my adventurer in a fortress and later reclaim it will he still be there? There's certainly the option to exploit a few demigod adventurers, but that doesn't sound much FUN
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 03:39:16 pm by vbuss »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 04:11:04 pm »

I have repeatedly retired and unretired my family of adventurers over the ten years I've been playing this one map.

When mom and dad get back to the fort they're already in military squads and already have their gear assigned so they just keep it on.

It's hard to keep mine on because I'm a kid, BUT because I'm in my moms squad as an adventurer I remain there in fort mode.

If you remove a kid from a squad like this, they can not be put back unless you can get the militia captain to accept you back in adventurer mode. So, be warned there.

I found that if I dropped my gear before we retired at the fort then when I unpaused a dorf would come put everything in a stockpile and then I could properly assign it to Kid McLegendary and she happily ran off to train with Mr. and Mrs. McLegendary in their little three-person supersquad.